The Best Way To Quit This Paradise

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The post about the 32 year Express employee who just retired got me thinking. What would be the best way to quit this craphole? I have an RTD friend who swears that on his last day he is going to drive his 5 cans of P1 out into the desert, have his wife waiting for him, and then drive the CTV off the shoulder into the sand, bury the keys, and drive off. Sounds good to me.

MaineGroundDriver

The post about the 32 year Express employee who just retired got me thinking. What would be the best way to quit this craphole? I have an RTD friend who swears that on his last day he is going to drive his 5 cans of P1 out into the desert, have his wife waiting for him, and then drive the CTV off the shoulder into the sand, bury the keys, and drive off. Sounds good to me.

​That's actually pretty funny!

Doc Sorting Dude

Fedex will find a way to retaliate against anyone who would pull a stunt like this off. Just leave and never regret your decision to leave to leave the big "friend".

ManInBrown

I had planned to go out with a bang when I quit. But when it was all said and done I left doing the right thing. Notified manager I quit and was not coming back. Only thing they didn't get was 2 weeks notice. They got no notice.

whenIgetthere

After working the off-load, get to my truck to find a pile of freight on the floor. Turn to manager and tell her "Eff this, I'm outta here!"

!Retired!

Back in NYC, there is a subway on just about every corner. There's been more than one courier who would load his/her truck, leave the building and drive wherever, lock up the truck, throw the keys on the roof and go home. We would see message that said the following:
"Has anyone seen (insert couriers name)? Last seen wearing a FedEx uniform and driving truck number ######"

There was also a new hire that went out on an observation with a manager. Dumb manager was running a busy route that day. About 1/2 way through the route, the new hire turned to the manager and said 'I'm not doing this crap'. Handed him his ID, hopped off the truck and took the subway home.

Epoisode7

I thought about driving up to the city, finding the local IBT chapter (Teamsters) and parking in their handicap/presidential/reserved parking spot with the flashers on. Or maybe just right in front of the door like most ground drivers do. Locked keys in the cab. Then taking a taxi home.

Or I could stay classy and wrap the van in cellophane.

The last guy who quit here was a genius. He driver released everything on schedule as if he was actually delivering, but kept the packages in the van. At the end of the day he parked the van like normal, full of packages. I think the manager got a lot of messages that night. I had to rectify some of the disputes, but I didn't mind a bit.