The Big Lie

over9five

Staff member
After awhile it begins to sound like a cracked record---crap- some of you don't even know what a record is.:happy2:

45, 78, 33 1/3

How many of our kids even know what this is!

record.jpg

The Milkman

Before 1993 contract. We have no intention of raising the 70 LB weight limit.

After the 1993 contract. Whoops, I guess we lied.

We will keep welding the aluminum plate in your P-500 because it is cost effective.....Even though after a rainy day in Jersey most floor pkgs get soaked and damaged...:whiteflag:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You can get those airs off in time
Don't worry about the mirrors being loose, the car is fine, you can see behind the vehicle
All walkways and exits will maintain proper egress for safety
UPS is family orientated
There's not enough routes and package volume tomorrow for you to be able to work, don't bother coming in.
Volume is way down
You are lucky to have a job here
You are at-fault for the accident despite being stopped at a red light hit from behind.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I have heard all of these. I'm sure other companies lie to their employees too, its just a way to get things done. Integrety, ......sure!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
The biggest lie in UPS history is safety. The only thing they want to do is make it look like they are really concerned about the safety of their workers. If it involves having to spend money to make things safe.......... forget it. They have a safety meeting every month in our building (which I don't attend because it is a joke), and then tell what they discussed in the A.M. meeting. Nothing ever gets fixed that is on the list of safety concerns. I had to beg for over a week just to get a flashlight. Bought my own last year and someone took it out of my package car so I won't spend my money again.

They actually came in last month and put a lock box on the building thermostat. They set the thermostat on 45 degrees. This week it was 35 to 40 degrees and the heat still wouldn't kick on.

Of course I know corporate headquarters have theirs set at 45 too so I shouldn't complain.

Dustyroads

Man, Harley, you are on point there. Safety has a price tag, and unfortunately the company often doesn't want to pay it. Any idea why there are no driver's air bags on a package car?