The Big Lie

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We didn't cut a route today; we just had too many planned"
:rofl::rofl:

That was great never heard that one before!!

whiskey

The biggest lie in UPS history is safety. The only thing they want to do is make it look like they are really concerned about the safety of their workers. If it involves having to spend money to make things safe.......... forget it. They have a safety meeting every month in our building (which I don't attend because it is a joke), and then tell what they discussed in the A.M. meeting. Nothing ever gets fixed that is on the list of safety concerns. I had to beg for over a week just to get a flashlight. Bought my own last year and someone took it out of my package car so I won't spend my money again.

They actually came in last month and put a lock box on the building thermostat. They set the thermostat on 45 degrees. This week it was 35 to 40 degrees and the heat still wouldn't kick on.

Of course I know corporate headquarters have theirs set at 45 too so I shouldn't complain.
How many lap belts are still on the road?

rod

Retired 22 years
Its the old "speak out of both sides of the mouth thing".

Safety-Safety-Safety--------------------Faster-Faster-Faster

:dissapointed:

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Once on PAL there will be no need to sort pkgs, every pkg will be loaded stop for stop. lol. O yeah, You will be delivering ten extra stops too, that wasn't a lie.

Quote "The PAL is truly a "pal" to the UPS employee loading a package car and the UPS driver. Before the creation of the PAL, To ensure that a loader had correctly loaded the package car, a driver often had to spend valuable time "touching cardboard" - checking and rearranging packages in the back of the package car in the order he/she felt would be the most optimum for delivery.
With package flow technologies, drivers don't have to worry about shuffling packages around. The entire process is automated. The driver knows exactly how many packages are in the back of the package car and in what order all those packages need to be delivered to ensure that all customer service levels are met."

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"A vote no is a vote to strike"

"This is our last best and final offer"

"Its all built in to your allowance"

"The packages are loaded in sequential order"

"We stress safety throughout our operations"

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
As soon as the center manager says " The dispatch is light today everyone should be of the clock early" I know I'm in for a long day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"A vote no is a vote to strike"

"This is our last best and final offer"

"Its all built in to your allowance"

"The packages are loaded in sequential order"

"We stress safety throughout our operations"

Don't worry about it, 160 stops but that last resi section, the stops fly off, practically delivers itself.

iowa boy

How many lap belts are still on the road?
We have at least half a dozen here, all with 450,000 plus on their clocks.
The boss put in a request for some newer cars and got a brand new 500 for his efforts. Sure looks pretty sitting on our lot. It has the euro style headlights, not the old round ones from years ago.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
When implemented, the preload will put up a better load than you could do it yourself.

Our goal is to be the first ones on the street and the last ones off. (At least got the "last" part true)

It is not our intention nor our desire to have management doing bargaining unit work.

EmerCond421

Don't worry, it's only bulk. It will come off easy. After the first couple of stops you'll be able to walk right thru that car!