The Big Ugly Talk (Pre: Round 1)

TUT

If they strike, they will be committing financial suicide.

One thinks it would, but most will bounce right back:

1. They chose UPS for a reason, once the contract is set for years, they'll go back and feel secure.
2. Fedex can't handle it all or even close anyway, so there isn't even really a choice.

It's a bump in the road when all said and done and no one knows if there will be a strike or not.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If there is I'm not working any harder. Longer hours....yes, harder....no.

Most of that stuff can sit in the warehouse and rot for all I care. If upper management would do their jobs right and prepare for such an event instead of letting the wind blow the cards where they fall, it wouldn't be such a clusterf uck.

STFXG

Our management has been telling current ups shippers that if ups strikes we will only take a percentage of their volume. We will worry about our current shippers before we worry about the extra volume from a strike. Basically switch now or we won't take what you have.

Ground would be slammed. But not much more than peak. Our infrastructure wouldn't handle much more...

bbsam

Staff member
Our Ground could handle quite a bit more than peak. I was taking an extra 200 stops per day from HD without adding any more drivers. Easy money.

STFXG

True. The contractors/ISPs would handle it. I have no faith in the line haul operation and fedexs ability to run a heavier preload... Throughput is the problem.

northbound

Some could handle it some couldn't. I have my company built for more right now so it would be no problem. Half my building would struggle due to bad ISP management. And yes I think line haul could be an issue

Kevinmevin

Well they do seem to know something it seems at ground.. On the Package handler side there asking people to sign up for seasonal full time like they do for peak season starting possibly in may at my hub due to UPS strike.

Line haul i think could be solved by putting stuff on the empty BNSF trains that use to have UPS grounds trailers. That's what I would do anyway.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well they do seem to know something it seems at ground.. On the Package handler side there asking people to sign up for seasonal full time like they do for peak season starting possibly in may at my hub due to UPS strike.

Line haul i think could be solved by putting stuff on the empty BNSF trains that use to have UPS grounds trailers. That's what I would do anyway.

You would be blown away in all aspects of your operation. UPS runs way more volume than Ground could handle.