The boys and girls....

spif91

are going to be busy today here in E Oklahoma...
image.jpg

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I'd rather be busy then light. When we are light, which never happens, we get to take the grand tour of building helping others *yuck*.

reydluap

That photo reminds me of a prank our feeder drivers pulled on a newly hired fill in driver some 35 years ago. The guy just got back from UPS feeder school and the feeder sup walked him out to the rig he would be running in a few weeks. To his amazement was a cab over GMC Astro with quad trailers in tow. It was a good laugh.

QKRSTKR

Those triples are entirely too unsafe. There's a reason they're illegal in most states. Anyway, busy is good though!
It would be interesting to find out how many accidents triple drivers at ups have on the interstates. I bet it's very few. Most of our guys have tons of safe driving years. Worst place I think would be navigating the yards at the hubs.

barnyard

KTM rider
Worst place I think would be navigating the yards at the hubs.

When I went to feeder school, the 2 most common feeder accidents were scraping the call box when coming into the hub and doing damage to the front bumper when lining up a back and running into a frozen snow bank (towards the end of the season, snow banks can be piles of solid ice.)

I was kind of surprised by the safety record of sleeper teams.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Those triples are entirely too unsafe. There's a reason they're illegal in most states. Anyway, busy is good though!

My buddies say you just drive slower. Take wider turns. They're mostly illegal, I believe, because of the extra weight, chewing up the roads, not because they're unsafe. Here, we have very few accidents with triples or twin '48's. We did have a driver get fired last winter for rolling the back box of a twin '48 set. But, he had many crashes, and like so many moronic feeder drivers today, he was driving way too fast for the conditions. AND, they were NDA's that missed the sort and on top of it all, the tow bill was over $10,000. I've said it once, I'll say it again, you just can't save many of the people we work next to.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
are going to be busy today here in E Oklahoma...

How did you set this up? Where I'm at, we have a big section of the lot for the triples guys. They either bring two connected trailers over, spot a dolly in front, and then go get the number one box, or just set them up, one-by-one. Never on the door, like your picture. This would cause a colossal traffic jam here.