The competition

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow just saw the ground guy. Bulk head door wide open. Some ratty white sneakers and best of all cut the sleeves of his shirt to show off his tattoos. On the cell phone also of course.

I realize this is probably not the norm for ground drivers. However as the economy improves and quality ground drivers move on to better job will this be what they have to hire to stay fully staffed?

Wow just saw the ground guy. Bulk head door wide open. Some ratty white sneakers and best of all cut the sleeves of his shirt to show off his tattoos. On the cell phone also of course.

I realize this is probably not the norm for ground drivers. However as the economy improves and quality ground drivers move on to better job will this be what they have to hire to stay fully staffed?
UPS drivers that are on strike!!!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
In my area the subcontractors who deliver the ground each have their own districts made up of several towns and then they have to hire guys to drive their trucks, each outfit having several box trucks, some of them are even unmarked. Most of them I see have no uniform or just a mesh polo and jeans.

Brownslave688

In my area the subcontractors who deliver the ground each have their own districts made up of several towns and then they have to hire guys to drive their trucks, each outfit having several box trucks, some of them are even unmarked. Most of them I see have no uniform or just a mesh polo and jeans.

I've had the cops ask me more than once during peak. "Have you seen an unmarked white van pulling up to people's houses and leaving quickly?" My reply "yep it's the FedEx man"

jaker

trolling
My FedEx ground guy still uses a helper and this is his routine

Pulls up on wrong side of street , helper standing up in back hops out running before the truck stops , runs hard to the house and back to the truck where he goes in the back and holds on until the next stop

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My FedEx guy still uses a helper and this is his routine

Pulls up on wrong side of street , helper standing up in back hops out running before the truck stops , runs hard to the house and back to the truck where he goes in the back and holds on until the next stop

​FedEx Ground?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Apparently all of the TSA rules that we are warned about don't apply to FedEx. Pulling into a driveway face first and backing out on to the road is also OK.

Buck Fifty

My FedEx guy still uses a helper and this is his routine

Apparently all of the TSA rules that we are warned about don't apply to FedEx. Pulling into a driveway face first and backing out on to the road is also OK.

.... and the motor running the whole time !

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And leaving the truck running? Although I don't think we look much better, when we order uniforms, and they don't come, and we are running around in tattered shirts, and threadbare pants and shorts. At 8 pm at night, all sweaty and dirty. I am disenchanted.

Brownslave688

And leaving the truck running? Although I don't think we look much better, when we order uniforms, and they don't come, and we are running around in tattered shirts, and threadbare pants and shorts. At 8 pm at night, all sweaty and dirty. I am disenchanted.

Oh nothing makes me madder than the guys or gals with holes in their uniforms or better yet we have some shorter drivers that just cut their pants off. Don't hem them or anything just cut them off.

Granted my center isn't like some. We get uniforms soon after they are ordered.

We could look sooooo much better if they were willing to pay a few bucks for a uniform. Some golf type warm weather polos would do wonders in the summer.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

That has to be a local thing. If I order a uniform part it's here within a week and I haven't seen 8 bells but a handful of times.

MAKAVELI

My FedEx ground guy still uses a helper and this is his routine

And I thought the phone book delivery guys only do this. But nothing surprises me anymore.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The DHL guy (yeah, there are apparently a few of them left) pulled up next to me at the post office the other day in a rusted out old white unmarked van. He left it running while he threw like 5 bags and 2 boxes onto the post office dock then got back in the running van and drove away without letting the post office know he dropped stuff off or bringing it inside.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I saw two USPS jeeps delivering the same cul-de-sac yesterday. They must have something like PAS/EDD too.

UPSER110

Everytime I see the ground guy around here he has no seatbelt on, bulk head open, and leaves his truck running while he delivers. I saw him going up my parents street around the time kids would be getting out of school looking down at his scanner for a good 3 seconds while flying up the street.

This past SUNDAY I saw the express guy at the mall with one small box in his hand standing outside talking to someone outside WTF? I tried to take a picture haha.