The Concept of Constructive Dissatisfaction

satellitedriver

According to TieGuy, I'm a Purple "terrorist", so I better choose my words carefully to avoid hurting his feelings. On second thought, maybe I don't really care what he thinks. But I am very glad I don't work for him. He sounds like a one-way street sort of person...his way, or else.

As a UPS manager, however, he should be very aware of how important FedEx issues are to UPS, especially now with all of the things happening at Ground. If things continue to go as badly as they have for Mr Smith lately, UPS stands to see a significant move upwards in volume when FedEx rates go up(a lot) to cover their increased costs of business. The playing field in the ground business will be lot more level when FedEx Ground people become true "employees".

If FedEx Express goes Teamster, UPS will also see a spike in their air business for the same reason....the artificially low labor cost advantage FedEx has enjoyed for years will be eliminated, and FedEx will have to jack-up rates on the air side as well. UPS upper management is investing big-bucks lobbying for FedEx Express to be re-classified under the NLRA instead of the RLA. Obviously, they think that FedEx is a pertinent UPS issue as well.

Sorry if you think we've invaded your sanctuary TieGuy, but there are plenty of issues that cross the line between Purple and Brown. The vast majority of our posts are in our own FedEx Forum and shouldn't bother you. Hell, please feel free to post anything you'd like there....maybe you'd learn something. Oh, that's right, you already know everything.

Anyway, I've got to go now so I can create some more Purple IED's to further tick-off TieGuy. Jeez....
MrFedex,
I am getting a conflicting message from your post to Tie.
You seem to be an advocate for Fedex to unionize under the teamster banner, in the majority your posts.
Yet, in this post, you seem to spell out the demise of Fedex,if they join the teamsters.
Your logic escapes me.
Basically, you are saying, if the playing ground is leveled, Fedex will get leveled.
Like it or not, UPS and fedex are direct competitors.
The only important Fedex issues ,to me, is how much business are they taking away from UPS.
So, to ask a direct question.
Why would you support a cause that would be a detriment to the company you work for?
I hope your campaign to unionize Fedex works.
PAX

tieguy

Banned
I like the fact that FedEx is included in the Brown Cafe. They have their own section and it was nice of Cheryl to accomodate them.

I don't have to read that section if them being there ticks me off......which it doesn't.

So far, the posts have been civil and they are behaving as they should as a guest in someone else's house.

After they become Teamsters, maybe others will feel the love. :wink2:

Problem is everytime I save a link to this site the link reads

"UPS info for upsers"

I think the site has always been clearly geared towards ups and upsers. Adding fdx now makes it a parcel delivery site since its no longer exclusively for ups and upsers. As such you should probably take such a decision to its logical conclusion and change the name and the website colors.

I understand the "don't hate" argument some have posted here but I think the site has underestimated the change they just made when they created a forum for fdxers.

This site just lost its core identity. Perhaps UPS should follow the brown cafes lead and start accepting fdx packages at its customer counters and UPS stores?

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If it's called Browncafe then only those who "wear" brown should be included. It's not called UPSCafe. See ya Tie! I tease. I say let em all in. Put in a section for the dirty bearded guys, I mean DHL. BM

tieguy

Banned
Its all good. Maybe we can have a contest on what to name this site now that we will allow the enemy to openly gather intelligence from us while they steal our livelyhood.

Maybe a few new threads or forums. Customers we would like you to take first. Got a gut busting acount you're tired of picking up simply post the name , address and contact info here.:happy-very:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First off, although I do support unionizing, I'm not advocating the demise of FedEx by any means.One obvious reason is that I still work there and need my job. FedEx will survive, but they will definitely lose a portion of their business if they raise rates to correct some of the inequities they have foisted upon their employees for a long time. I'm just stating a fact. If they are so keen on the idea of competition in the marketplace, let them do it on a level playing field that doesn't exploit their workers. They have enjoyed an unrealistic and unfair labor cost advantage for years, mostly at "my" expense, since I represent the driver side of the coin.

As far as me or anyone else stealing away business from UPS by being included in the Brown Cafe...that is ridiculous and paranoid. Exactly what "secrets" are we going learn about UPS that would result in the loss of an account? For one, there aren't that many of us on here. Most FedEx people are interested in trying to survive as best they can under an oppressive management regime, not unlike a lot of UPS folks. I've never seen any post by a FedEx person indicating any interest in taking away business, and I've never seen any UPS posts that would give out info that could be used against the company by one of us.

UPS Lifer

So Mr FedEx how are you going to participate in or help organize a unionization effort?

I suggest you call the local Teamsters in your area and inquire on how to get a organizing drive started. Now is the time to make a move. A contract can be modeled after the UPS contract...No time like the present!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mr. FedEx,

What's your take on the news just posted that D-Post wants to sell DHL to FedEx?? I just posted it under the competition thread. Could this be true ??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's just say I got burned by the Teamsters when they pulled the plug on us back in 1997, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do right now. Those of us that stood-up then paid dearly for it when the amendment to take FedEx Express out of the RLA failed and the union walked away. Management has a long memory, and we are watched very carefully for signs of unionizing. So far, I have not seen anything happening in the area where I work. I've read on this site that the Teamsters are mainly concerned with the FedEx Ground situation and organizing UPS freight right now, and that they're not focused on Express as of yet.

Floridacargocat

Re DHL to be acquired by FEDEX
Saw that this afternoon after reading Financial Times Deutschland (ftd.com) (article in German). Apparently a basic decision has been taken by Deutsche Bundespost. In a strange way, this might be of benefit to UPS.

FedexExEmployee

I haven't read the entire thread, but enough of it.

Who in their right mind could possibly believe some posts by the "competition" is going to affect anything? It's the freakin' internet! LOL
UPS...FEDEX....the work is basically the same.

It's this type of thinking that proves we haven't evolved well as a species.
Perhaps you still insist the earth is at the center of our galaxy too?

Stop being so self-important.

:funny:

tieguy

Banned
I haven't read the entire thread, but enough of it.

Who in their right mind could possibly believe some posts by the "competition" is going to affect anything? It's the freakin' internet! LOL
UPS...FEDEX....the work is basically the same.

It's this type of thinking that proves we haven't evolved well as a species.
Perhaps you still insist the earth is at the center of our galaxy too?

Stop being so self-important.

:funny:

fdx sure has some thin skinned people working for it. I don't particularly care for you folks, don't want you here , don't think you belong here. Not sure how the evolution of geographic perception applies to that point. I'm not into valuing your diversity. I don't think nor do I care to learn anything from you or your friends. I don't find anything you have to say interesting. I believe the brown cafe desecrated this site when they created a home for you. Its my opinion which I'm allowed to share on this internet you highlighted. So if you actually believe "its the freakin internet" then you would actually support my right to say that I think you and your fdx buddies are stinking up this site. :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Not as much as some of the suits that show up here do.

I've got to admit I've been having some fun toying with the fdx guys here. Trp is so into starting a fight here with a mangement person that he even jumped in on behalf of a fdx guy. Got to love it. You are so so gullible there tex. Find them horns yet buddy?

I've got to admit I've been having some fun toying with the fdx guys here. Trp is so into starting a fight here with a mangement person that he even jumped in on behalf of a fdx guy. Got to love it. You are so so gullible there tex. Find them horns yet buddy?

HAH, I've the horns AND the balls to go with 'em. The fdx guy has as much right to be here as you do. If you don't think so, take it up with Cheryl. You know who Cheryl is, she's the one that works her fanny off to give you a place where you think you have relativity.
I don't start fights, I leave that up to you. That may be the one area you excel. I do however dislike rudeness and have a tendency to point it out as such, when needed.

tieguy

Banned
I don't start fights, I leave that up to you. That may be the one area you excel. I do however dislike rudeness and have a tendency to point it out as such, when needed.

ahh so now you are the self appointed rudeness moderator? And since you only stick your nose in when its me that makes you the self appointed management rudeness moderator? And since your approach is to jump in and be rude when you moderate the rudeness then that makes you the self appointed management rudeness with rudeness moderator? Go ahead tex explain that to me should be good.

UPS Lifer

I guess if I had to pick a side I would have to lean toward Tie...I don't really care about a FedEx employee's opinion on anything other than making this a level playing field. FedEx stole from UPS in the beginning and nothing has changed ever since.

We let customers and spouses give their two cents so who cares if a Fed Ex monkey puts in a penny's worth!!! Hey ! BC even lets us retired folks post....(and we do appreciate it!)

Hey FedEx....knock yourself out....nobody really cares - I can tell you that I do not want to hear about your take on things that happen at UPS. Talk about what you know FedEx...don't think you can sit there with the big boys and talk about what goes on inside UPS just because you deliver packages your company has stolen (along with just about everything else) from us!!!

FedEx may think they are in the big leagues but they have a long way to go to tie any one of our drivers' shoes!

ahh so now you are the self appointed rudeness moderator? And since you only stick your nose in when its me that makes you the self appointed management rudeness moderator? And since your approach is to jump in and be rude when you moderate the rudeness then that makes you the self appointed management rudeness with rudeness moderator? Go ahead tex explain that to me should be good.
Nothing to explain, you just about got it down pat. Heck, you may even be a little smarter than I gave you credit for. Atta boy.

Oh and BTW, the negative rep thing REAAAAALLLLLYYYY hurt.

FedexExEmployee

Talk about what you know FedEx...don't think you can sit there with the big boys and talk about what goes on inside UPS just because you deliver packages your company has stolen (along with just about everything else) from us!!!

Customers were stolen? Did anyone phone the police yet? LOL

If customers switched it was probably due to your lack of....something.

FedEx may think they are in the big leagues but they have a long way to go to tie any one of our drivers' shoes!

Don't be silly now. It's all delivering packages. It's a one-skill position.
Same interview process: You can drive? Have a valid license?Can lift more than 75 lbs? Ok, you're hired slick!
:happy2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm surprised FedEx isn't trying to recruit TieGuy to switch sides and work for us....he's so full of himself he would fit in perfectly over here on the dark side. We'll put him in charge of Public Relations. And as far as being "thin-skinned", I think his arrogant attitude speaks for itself. It's so unfair when a mental giant "toys" with you....I shudder at the thought of an intellectual joust with such a genius.

Now that FedEx is probably going to buy DHL, it will become more of a concern for UPS than ever before. DHL is a joke in the USA, but the latest stories have FedEx receiving a piece of the action in Europe, where DHL is a major player and FedEx has historically been weak.

I've learned a lot from this site, and it isn't about stealing packages.

I'm surprised FedEx isn't trying to recruit TieGuy to switch sides and work for us....he's so full of himself he would fit in perfectly over here on the dark side. We'll put him in charge of Public Relations. And as far as being "thin-skinned", I think his arrogant attitude speaks for itself. It's so unfair when a mental giant "toys" with you....I shudder at the thought of an intellectual joust with such a genius.

Now that FedEx is probably going to buy DHL, it will become more of a concern for UPS than ever before. DHL is a joke in the USA, but the latest stories have FedEx receiving a piece of the action in Europe, where DHL is a major player and FedEx has historically been weak.

I've learned a lot from this site, and it isn't about stealing packages.
It's true that GHL is a joke, but I don't see many people laughing out loud.
The truth is that (in our area) FedExGround doesn't have a much better rep. The stories that have been told on here about the less than ideal driver release delivery procedures of DHL, I have seen FXG do numerous times. I have had many customers tell me that they were not happy with FXG because they refuse to deliver to their homes in the rural areas. The drivers just call and tell them the package was left somewhere in town. Most people think when they have a package addressed to their home, it should be delivered there.
Don't forget DHL has the backing of the German government.