The Concept of Constructive Dissatisfaction

tieguy

Banned
You're just making me laugh with all your crying lol

Sounds like you're not laughing much. Should I put the barney video back in for you. You fdx guys love the big , cuddly purple guy.

Your us vs. them mentality is hysterical. Your belief that the mean Fedex people are looking to steal your customers is even more outrageous!!

Not really an us vs them my friend. Just tired of watching you wet yourself on the carpet here at the brown cafe. Guess you guys are too stupid to set up your own site.

You honestly think the average Fedex courier wants your business? Like the average courier doesn't have enough of their own??!! LOL

A different twist same answer. You represent the competition. You're on the brown cafe a site for upsers. Hope your limited mind can now understand this difficult concept.

I remember wishing I'd lose a few customers on my route to get a little bit of a break. That's how most of the couriers, if not all, felt at my station.

Yea right. I'm now supposed to believe you don't want packages and that you actually want less packages so that I won't consider fdx a threat. Give me a break on the BS.

Ya big cry baby!! LOL :happy-very:

wow an insult. I think I was supposed to be hurt by that one.

**passing you some tissues*** :wink2:

why don't you hold on to them and wipe your rear. You're starting to stink the place up.

tieguy

Banned
I'm surprised FedEx isn't trying to recruit TieGuy to switch sides and work for us....he's so full of himself he would fit in perfectly over here on the dark side.

thought about it until the couriers tried to fondle me.

We'll put him in charge of Public Relations.

should be an easy job as your past PR folks have shown. When results are poor they just make something up that sounds good.:happy-very:

And as far as being "thin-skinned", I think his arrogant attitude speaks for itself. It's so unfair when a mental giant "toys" with you....I shudder at the thought of an intellectual joust with such a genius.

Word is that you shudder quite often at anything and everything and often wet yourself when you shudder.

Now that FedEx is probably going to buy DHL, it will become more of a concern for UPS than ever before. DHL is a joke in the USA, but the latest stories have FedEx receiving a piece of the action in Europe, where DHL is a major player and FedEx has historically been weak.

Can't wait until it happens and fdx starts losing a billion a year.:happy-very:

FedexExEmployee

Yea right. I'm now supposed to believe you don't want packages and that you actually want less packages so that I won't consider fdx a threat. Give me a break on the BS.

The fact that you don't believe me on that tells me you have serious head problems LOL

I loved losing a customer, whether it was to UPS or they moved or whatever! It made the chasing one-hour windows that much easier.

You should also keep in mind that I don't work for Fredex anymore, so I'm not the "competition." If you happened to read any of my other posts you'd see that I'm very much opposed to Fredex.
Damn, your slower than a tortoise! :funny:

Btw, your new name is cryguy > :sad-very:

:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
The fact that you don't believe me on that tells me you have serious head problems LOL

I loved losing a customer, whether it was to UPS or they moved or whatever! It made the chasing one-hour windows that much easier.

You should also keep in mind that I don't work for Fredex anymore, so I'm not the "competition." If you happened to read any of my other posts you'd see that I'm very much opposed to Fredex.

:wink2:

Wow you couldn't cut it with fdx either?

tieguy

Banned
Insults are the reason that cause one to be heavily moderated.

Putting aside the playfull jabs with my fdx buddies for a minute. :happy-very:

DS you the managers of this site are getting a little lesson in what its like to be a manager of this site.

Creating a fdx forum here is an extremely radical change from what you have had here in the past. It probably required a little more effort then what was given. I think you should have at least polled the members here before making that decision. Its a change that changes the whole core and character of this site. Saving a link gives the message UPS info for upsers. Brown cafe implies UPS. You're now making a change that leads you more to some type of combined trucking company / package carrier site. You folks did so without the imput of the members here. You probably have strong feelings at work when decisions are made that affect you without your input. Yet here you had the same discretion to do so without considering that point.
On another thread I believe a discussion took place on making over9 a moderator. I think he would have been an excellent choice. The guy has been here forever and for the most part very open minded even though he and I often disagree on many topics. I think you probably should find a few more posters like over9 to add more perspective to some of these decisions made here. And before anyone thinks I'm politicing for the job, don't worry I'm not. I don't want posters here thinking this is a management run site so I would not take the job. I do think you need expand your group. Maybe have a diverse board of directors to make these decisions. While I have slowly gotten off topic with the sparring going on with the fdx guys my point is the same. I don't object to their being here, I'm just shocked that we would make such a radical change in this sites character without much more input from the board. If you poll the members and they agree to let other carriers have a forum here then we should look to change the whole theme as it currently stands.

However its your site and you have the autonomy to ruin it any way you please. :happy-very:

Last edited:

FedexExEmployee

Cryguy, you seem to be the only one who has a problem with there being a Fedex section. All kidding aside, you're being absolutely ridiculous. How could you take a site so serious. I said it before and I'll say it again: It's the freakin' internet. Some posts are not going to affect your company. Posting in any forum should be nothing more than something to pass the time.

I must say one more thing: you are very rude. The other Fedex poster simply asked a question. You started this whole thing. You should be ashamed, although I know you're not and won't be. How sad....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To say I disagree strongly with TieGuy would be putting it mildly. In fact, I think he's a perfect example of the kind of management mentality hourlies put-up with at both companies. In spite of his rants, I enjoy the dialogue between the people on this site. It's OK to agree to disagree, but the childish insults are not really necessary. For the most part, the conversations are intelligent and enlightening.

As I've said before, there is a lot of commonality between the UPS and FedEx workforces. Both sides understand what it's like to go out every day wondering if you'll be able to get it all done and get back to the building on-time to make the truck or airplane. There's a lot of pressure, and an overwhelming collection of rules and regulations created by people who have never even delivered a package and have no idea what it's like on the road.

Even though the cultures of both companies are different,they are also similar in that there is only so much juice you can squeeze from an orange. The joke at FedEx is that now that they're concentrating on the rind, and pushing that much harder for that last drop of blood. We can get fired at any time for any reason they decide to create, and it's not that different at UPS. I've got plenty of friends who were targeted for termination at Big Brown and then came over to FedEx thinking it would somehow be better, and for awhile, it was.

I enjoy the exchange of ideas and hope it will continue.

DS

Fenderbender
Tie,first of all,we dont have a board of directors here at the browncafe.This idea was born of neccessity. The inclusion of the fedex forum does not take anything away from the site.
I personally think its great that fedexers will finally have a place to rant.
Even if there was a poll ,and I can see you really think people would agree with you that maybe there is no room for them here,It really doesn't matter,because although I,m sure the administrator values your opinion,they deserve the right to speak thier mind .Start a poll if you want,I like the diversity.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The fedex forums on this site are not easy to find. If you go to them there is not much traffic. It sems guys like Monte Carlo lost interest when FDX dropped from 120 to 85. BM

tieguy

Banned
Tie,first of all,we dont have a board of directors here at the browncafe.This idea was born of neccessity. The inclusion of the fedex forum does not take anything away from the site.
I personally think its great that fedexers will finally have a place to rant.
Even if there was a poll ,and I can see you really think people would agree with you that maybe there is no room for them here,It really doesn't matter,because although I,m sure the administrator values your opinion,they deserve the right to speak thier mind .Start a poll if you want,I like the diversity.

Thats fine DS . After all its only your opinion here that matters.

my2cents

IMO, the Brown Café is evolving into an industry-related board, just like what the pilots and truckers have. If this process continues, I don't think the term "Brown Café" fits anymore. It should be renamed with the word "parcel or package" in it to reflect the industry niche it is serving.

UPS Lifer

Mr FedEx and FedExEmployee,

You guys started this thread. You came into our backyard and started playing in our sandbox! We did not ask you to come into our backyard.

You have the gall to read a book and start talking about "Constructive Dissatisfaction". Like you invented it. To hypothesize that our employees are probably ignored just like your employees is what I think is wrong. Some employees /Mgmt may feel that is a true statement but it is only those employees that that have FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE who can make that statement. You have no basis for doing so. You assume to much about OUR company.

I find it hard to respect anything you say because you have no first hand knowledge. You think you can make a parallel because the companies deliver similar packages with similar vehicles in similar areas. Go work at UPS and then you have the right to talk about your experience and how you are treated.

Otherwise - keep to what you know....FedEx only. Keep your posts to what is happening at FedEx not what you think is happening at UPS.....PLEASE!!!

You are a GUEST in our house....act appropriately!!!

Mr FedEx and FedExEmployee,

You guys started this thread. You came into our backyard and started playing in our sandbox! We did not ask you to come into our backyard.

You have the gall to read a book and start talking about "Constructive Dissatisfaction". Like you invented it. To hypothesize that our employees are probably ignored just like your employees is what I think is wrong. Some employees /Mgmt may feel that is a true statement but it is only those employees that that have FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE who can make that statement. You have no basis for doing so. You assume to much about OUR company.

I find it hard to respect anything you say because you have no first hand knowledge. You think you can make a parallel because the companies deliver similar packages with similar vehicles in similar areas. Go work at UPS and then you have the right to talk about your experience and how you are treated.

Otherwise - keep to what you know....FedEx only. Keep your posts to what is happening at FedEx not what you think is happening at UPS.....PLEASE!!!

You are a GUEST in our house....act appropriately!!!
Lifer, The FedEx guys here do have first hand knowledge of what they go through day in and day out. ANYONE with basic reading comprehension can read posts on this forum and come to the conclusion that the two companies have more in common than the type of packages they deliver.
I like reading about some of the FedEx guys experiences simply to help me realize that the Grass is NOT always Greener.

tieguy

Banned
IMO, the Brown Café is evolving into an industry-related board, just like what the pilots and truckers have. If this process continues, I don't think the term "Brown Café" fits anymore. It should be renamed with the word "parcel or package" in it to reflect the industry niche it is serving.

my point exactly . good to see another senior partner chime in:happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
"I don't think the term "Brown Café" fits anymore."

I don't either. It's a sad thing, too. The end of an era.
There's a company on my route, "Joes Fly by Night Deliveries". Maybe we could start a sub-forum for them too.

And Tie, thanks for the vote of confidence. However, I have no wish to be a moderator. We have some good mods. At the time, I thought it was strange that some newbies were appointed mods, when maybe more seasoned members would have been better choices.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The decision to split our existing "The Competition" forum about DHL and FedEx out into different forums was solely my decision. If you don't like it blame me and quit picking on the mods. FedEx has been quite newsworthy lately so I thought there was enough to talk about to start a new subforum. For some of you to behave as if this is some kind of culture shift is odd. We've had a FedEx page here for years because, in my opinion, it is important to be well informed to stay competitive in the industry. That is why I also have always posted news about USPS and DHL too.

I remember my dad used to follow all of the news about competitors. in the 70's he got really excited when he talked about the federal govt subsidizing the USPS. I know that if he were still around he'd be really interested in the current FedEx news and controversy. For you to say that suddenly the entire culture here has changed and we're evolving into an industry related board is an over reaction, at least in my opinion.

We've had pages of information abut FedEx here since the beginning of the site and yet this is the first I've ever heard anyone say that a FedEx page or forum somehow dilutes the culture here. Here are some links for the internet archive. I only went back as far as 2001, but I think that's far enough back that you'll get my point:

2/1/2001: http://web.archive.org/web/20010201053100/http://browncafe.com/