The corruption of management is ridiculous.

upschuck

The paragons of devilish intent most likely feel the same way.
It's a matter of perspective.
I personally felt sorry for most of the upper level management I came into contact with at UPS. They are trapped in their jobs and put up with more crap and stress than you ever will as a driver.
No need to feel sorry for them, they get compensated quite well for it.

upschuck

In management...."People rise to their level of incompetence". Learned that early in a business class in college.

Ouch

You must have been absent day they applied that same theory to workers in a union shop.
I have tried to be good, I told Cheryl I would try, but with statements like this I find it hard to bite my tounge. If you are so displeased with the union and the union brothers and sisters around you, QUIT!!!!!!!!!!! You just made the statement money isn't everything. I worked to make money and have nice things. Obviously money is not important to you so go flip burgers at a non union restaurant. Have you withdrawn from the union? Union people get a bad rap from others because they are jealous of the money they make and the benefits they receive, imo. Oh I forgot money isn't everything to you. If it weren't for the union I would not have what I do. Without the union ups would pay you 10 to 12 and hour. So upstate go ahead and complain about how bad union employees are. Remember you work for the union under contract for ups.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I don't see how you could stand being in supervision and looking in the mirror and all you see is a criminal, with all the lying, cheating and stealing. And to top it all off you are a sellout lol. Like being a police officer stopping someone or arresting someone for something you have done before or do now. Freakin hypocrites

The purpose of the company is to make money. Management is very good at making money. Business 101.

Management can look in the mirror because they are doing the right thing - their job. Of course they are compensated well, it requires a higher skill set than union jobs. Stop worrying about what they are doing and just do your job. You will be a lot happier.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I do my job and play Mr. babysitter to all the idiots in management that cant do their jobs right. Its ok us the drivers(THE REAL SUPERVISORS) will cover up all the mistakes they make everyday, like we normally do.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We should all try to help are union brothers or sisters. Ive been saying this for years at every center the drivers should set up a EDF( Emergency disability fund). That way if something like this happens to one of our brothers and sisters there is help for them. But of course the way people are with their selfishness and greed that is not going to happen. Pretty sad if you ask me. That's precisely why I got the Aflac to protect myself from injury or illness.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We should all try to help are union brothers or sisters. Ive been saying this for years at every center the drivers should set up a EDF( Emergency disability fund). That way if something like this happens to one of our brothers and sisters there is help for them. But of course the way people are with their selfishness and greed that is not going to happen. Pretty sad if you ask me. That's precisely why I got the Aflac to protect myself from injury or illness.

During our contract proposal meetings I brought up the idea of hourlies being able to donate unused personal time to other hourlies who were out of work for an extended period of time for a non-work related illness or injury. There are a number of prisons where I live, the guards have this provision in their contracts and they are all very generous with their donated time.

It is always smarter to take care of one's business rather than rely on the generosity of others. This is why I have Combined, long term care and term life insurance policies.

upschuck

Your last post along with the top post would indicate that money means a lot to you ... to the point that you cannot empathize with another person that has more than you and possibly less than you.
I don't know how you deduced that from what I have said. My last post agrees to the fact that money is not the end all; it is a necessary item that we need to survive.

My first post references the fact that management(here and everywhere else) always says, if you don't feel the compensation is enough then quit. The take it or leave it mentality, it work both ways.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't know how you deduced that from what I have said. My last post agrees to the fact that money is not the end all; it is a necessary item that we need to survive.

My first post references the fact that management(here and everywhere else) always says, if you don't feel the compensation is enough then quit. The take it or leave it mentality, it work both ways.
OK, I get it now.
Yep, that does apply.
In that case, **** em!