The Cultural Contradiction of Liberalism

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Liberals consistently vote against individual choice in education (i.e. vouchers); health care (mandatory insurance with rules tying the hands of physicians); energy production (limited exploration); and even food. They support restrictions on commercial and political speech; as well as critical financial services. And they favor anti-trust regulations to rein in our most innovative and successful entrepreneurs. They are either unwilling or unable to grasp how these restraints limit our free choice as individuals and our creativity as a society.

Liberals usually counter that conservatives seek to impose their own social and religious values on the rest of us. This argument, however, is an overstatement. Most honest observers would agree that America is a far more open and diverse place than it was decades ago. Meanwhile, constraints on economic freedom are today reaching alarming new levels, thanks to new, intrusive government bureaucracies in healthcare and other sectors that promise to have wide-ranging impact on the lives of Americans.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010...s-democrats-republicans-ferris-bueller-obama/

diesel96

Most honest observers would agree that America is a far more open and diverse place than it was decades ago.

That's what you call Progressivism. And those who push progress are Progressives.....Are you following my Lou-c ?
So why aren't Conservatives pushing for Conservation.....They just want to push my bedroom door open, tell my woman what to do with her body, and enforce what I can or can not smoke......

Let's see "constraints on economic freedom"...wasn't there mostly a lack of constraints of economic freedom that led to our Super Reccession ? Yeah, I'll concede over-extended irresponible homeowners partly responsible, but who dangles that carrot in front of their noses and says go ahead, make our day ?

And one more point, Dem's or Rep's, they both grow Gov't......oh but I do recall the last Dem President handing off the baton in the black...not the red....Flame on !

av8torntn

Let's see "constraints on economic freedom"...wasn't there mostly a lack of constraints of economic freedom that led to our Super Reccession ? !

Actually there was an increase in government spending on regulation during the years leading up to the current recession.

That's what you call Progressivism. And those who push progress are Progressives.....Are you following my Lou-c ?
So why aren't Conservatives pushing for Conservation.....They just want to push my bedroom door open, tell my woman what to do with her body, and enforce what I can or can not smoke......

Let's see "constraints on economic freedom"...wasn't there mostly a lack of constraints of economic freedom that led to our Super Reccession ? Yeah, I'll concede over-extended irresponible homeowners partly responsible, but who dangles that carrot in front of their noses and says go ahead, make our day ?

And one more point, Dem's or Rep's, they both grow Gov't......oh but I do recall the last Dem President handing off the baton in the black...not the red....Flame on !
Oh no, Diesel is delusional again. Now he thinks he's Johnny Storm. f4-flame_large.jpg
f4-flame_large.jpg

diesel96

"You know, there's a specific group of Americans out there who's name I won't mention but it begins with T and ends with baggers. And they have a habit of saying I want my country back. Well I want my country forward."

~Bill Maher

Ok, so let's all dorn our 3 point patriot hats that match our fav football jersey, hold up our delusional hate inspired signage and photo-shop pics, spew inaccurate labels, re-enact Boston Tea Parties, and promote the idea of a new civil war. All this is the Conservative reciepe that moves our country forward.....lol....

bbsam

Staff member
Bill Maher is a twin to Jeanine Garafalo....they should both leave the country and take Sean Penn with them.
And I thought the neo-cons had no suggestions to make the country better. Granted they are small scale and completely miss the point, but they try.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't stop now. Your IQ is finally starting to bubble to the surface. Right through all the right-wing rhetorical ooze that you've filled your skull with compliment of Rush, Beck, and the rest of the Fox crowd.

wkmac

"Whether a given category of speech enjoys First Amendment protection depends upon a categorical balancing of the value of the speech against its societal costs." --Solicitor General Elena Kagan, Obama nominee for U.S. Supreme Court

I have a hard time wondering who would support such thinking with more enthusiasm, so-called liberals (democrats) or so-called conservatives (republicans).