The curse of Rush Limbaugh spreads to Clear Channel!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Could this lack of sponsor's actually be a clear sign that this economy is still spiraling downward ?
With a failing economy it would only be natural for advertisers to limit their spending .

Upsmule

I can remember(barely) when keith olbermann was the shinning media star of the left....what is he doing these days??? Current TV sure didn't want him around anymore. Rush can come or go, doesn't matter to me.
Let's break thins down a little. The network is losing sponsors and big money. Supposedly losing on Rush, yet Rush is still # 1 in ratings? How does that work? Maybe the rest of the daily lineup isn't carrying it's weight?
This thread is funny, irrelevant but funny.

Funny, but I wouln't call it irrelevant. It's a microcosm of politics today in America and the control media has over the willfully clueless on both sides of the aisle. The hypocrisy is astounding....just look at the current hypocrite in chief as proof of that. This thread began on two false premises. One, that the poor saps that keep Limbaugh on are cursed, and two, that the things Rush and or Hannity dispute and have differing opinions on (as well as MILLIONS of Americans) is "hate speech." A loosely defined term the left has deemed able to be legislated against via "hate" crime bills verses "crime" LAWS already on the books but never seem to be enforced. Ugh......puleez.....

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Another MAJOR advertiser pulls its advertising OFF the Limbaugh HATE SPEECH radio show.
Another Major Advertiser Dumps Rush Limbaugh – Boycotters Rejoice | Liberals Unite

One after another advertiser feels the pressure of the general public for placing their advertising on the Limbaugh show. Its the public that will eventually drive Limbaugh off the airwaves, like they did to Glen Beck.

HATE SPEECH was the calling card of the GOP for years, and today, that HATE SPEECH is their demise. I applaud SODASTREAM for dumping RUSH. SODASTREAM, an Israeli business felt the heat of customers who bombarded the company with hate mail for its support of Rush Limbaugh.

It wont be long until Clear Channel Dumps Limbaugh and he has to find a new "HOST" to carry his hate speech.

Peace

TOS

texan

Another MAJOR advertiser pulls its advertising OFF the Limbaugh HATE SPEECH radio show.
Another Major Advertiser Dumps Rush Limbaugh – Boycotters Rejoice | Liberals Unite

One after another advertiser feels the pressure of the general public for placing their advertising on the Limbaugh show. Its the public that will eventually drive Limbaugh off the airwaves, like they did to Glen Beck.

HATE SPEECH was the calling card of the GOP for years, and today, that HATE SPEECH is their demise. I applaud SODASTREAM for dumping RUSH. SODASTREAM, an Israeli business felt the heat of customers who bombarded the company with hate mail for its support of Rush Limbaugh.

It wont be long until Clear Channel Dumps Limbaugh and he has to find a new "HOST" to carry his hate speech.

Peace

TOS
Yes but............

Here are the ratings for this week in June.

How many strict left are there at the top?

I am not a Rush fan, but I do like that that he stays on top and drives the left nuts enough
to monitor him 24 x 7.

The Top Talk Radio Audiences - TALKERS.COM

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yes but............

Here are the ratings for this week in June.

How many strict left are there at the top?

I am not a Rush fan, but I do like that that he stays on top and drives the left nuts enough
to monitor him 24 x 7.

The Top Talk Radio Audiences - TALKERS.COM

Here's the difference. Liberals dont need to be bombarded by TALKING HEADS or constant repetitious stories like FOX NEWS. The reason there are not more liberal stations, is because liberals dont listen to them or find a need to be FUELED to hate.

Republicans on the other hand, have found themselves TIED to either talk radio or FOX news to support their "hate" beliefs. Just like a junkie, they have to feed their habits. They dont realize that they have been brainwashed to tune in for a solid repeat of yesterdays news.

You could miss an entire month of Limbaugh or Hannity, and they'd be still talking about the same things over and over again.

Progressives can think for themselves. Progressives DONT subscribe to talk show hosts web sites, or pay to belong to some internet club for haters. Progressives DONT fall into the same traps as the republican viewers.

Rush, Hannity, Beck, Orielly and such, suck MILLIONS of dollars a year out of you people and all you manage to do is make them rich while emptying your own pockets. You are NO smarter for the investment, yet, like good soldiers, you do it anyways.

RATINGS dont pay the bills bro, and Clear Channel is losing hundreds of millions of dollars because of limbaugh and all their bills wont be paid by ratings.

Look for Limbaugh to get dumped by Clear Channel after the next quarters numbers come out.

Peace

TOS

oldngray

nowhere special
@ TOS "Look for Limbaugh to get dumped by Clear Channel after the next quarters numbers come out."

Won't happen. Will you admit you are wrong when Rush is still around after the next quarter's numbers?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
@ TOS "Look for Limbaugh to get dumped by Clear Channel after the next quarters numbers come out."

Won't happen. Will you admit you are wrong when Rush is still around after the next quarter's numbers?

Ill tell ya what, Ill admit that im wrong as soon as Limbaugh leaves the country as he promised if the affordable health care became law.

Rush Limbaugh Says He'll Leave the US If Health Care Reform Is Passed

Funny how Limbaugh says hell go to Costa Rica if health care passes, but Costa Rica has Universal health care for all its citizens. Shows how bright this drug addict really is, but yet, you listen to him faithfully.

Peace

TOS

oldngray

nowhere special
Totally trying to evade the issue. Its not about what Rush said but what TOS said. I don't always agree with Rush and he has said some stupid things but the issue is "Look for Limbaugh to get dumped by Clear Channel after the next quarters numbers come out." So you are admitting your statement was incorrect?

pretender

Am I to believe that Rush Limbaugh is so vile and filled with hate, that instead of simply changing the station, people also feel the need to boycott his sponsers? The more likely scenario is that the left wing extremists seek to silence anyone with a different point of view...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Totally trying to evade the issue. Its not about what Rush said but what TOS said. I don't always agree with Rush and he has said some stupid things but the issue is "Look for Limbaugh to get dumped by Clear Channel after the next quarters numbers come out." So you are admitting your statement was incorrect?

Psst....Rush Moving To WOR After Clear Channel Buy?

Limbaughs contract is about to expire on clear channel.. Clear Channel is losing hundreds of millions of dollars with limbaugh. As i said, look for limbaugh to be removed from clear channel and changed to WOR.

Hear me now, understand me later.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Well, looks like the first shoe is dropping with Rush Limbaugh. And! as an added bonus, it appears that the hate speech that Sean Hannity provides is also on the chopping block.

Rush Limbaugh vs. Cumulus Media: Who's dumping whom?

This is just the first of some major setbacks for Limbaugh and Hannity as broadcasters decide to dump the both of them despite huge ratings that LOSE money in the process.

Ratings is one thing, but generating revenue is another.

Just as Glen Beck found out, he can make tons of money on the suckers that listen to him, but the stations that broadcast his crap have to make money as well, and when they dont, they kicked to the curb.

Like I said earlier in this year, both these men will face the rath of the public for their repeticious hate speech.

Peace

TOS

oldngray

nowhere special
Well, looks like the first shoe is dropping with Rush Limbaugh. And! as an added bonus, it appears that the hate speech that Sean Hannity provides is also on the chopping block.

This is just the first of some major setbacks for Limbaugh and Hannity as broadcasters decide to dump the both of them despite huge ratings that LOSE money in the process.

Just as Glen Beck found out, he can make tons of money on the suckers that listen to him, but the stations that broadcast his crap have to make money as well, and when they dont, they kicked to the curb.

Like I said earlier in this year, both these men will face the rath of the public for their repeticious hate speech.

Peace

TOS

Rush is just switching stations for more money. Easy to demand more money when you have the most listened to program.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace

TOS
Over-reaction much ??
When Howard Stern went to Sirius.....he changed stations too. He didn't disappear now did he?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What we have here is a failure to communicate .
Never have there been a better way to describe contractual negotiations .
Each side wants the best deal that they think they can get .
But in TOS' universe this is seen by him/her as a failure .