The day after Thanksgiving is now a reguired work day?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Heard through the grapevine the day after Thanksgiving will be a normal workday for all employees. I asked our center manager and he confirmed it.Anyone else heard about this?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yup heard same thing. Heard that we still get paid holiday pay for that day and all hours worked that day will still be time and a half also. If anyone has heard different let us know but supposedly their running full service that day. But its messed up that their taking 1 of our regular holiday days off away from us.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
They are using the excuse that because last peak was so messed up, we need an extra day to deliver and everything will now be sunshine and lollipops.

toxic88

We are hearing it here on the west coast as well. There will still be plenty of businesses closed on that Friday. Only retail is open. If they are going to make everyone come in then every driver should request they want there paid 8 hour guarantee. I'm sure there will be plenty of us doing nothing but getting paid. If I'm stepping foot in that hub then there going to pay my 8.

Indecisi0n

We are hearing it here on the west coast as well. There will still be plenty of businesses closed on that Friday. Only retail is open. If they are going to make everyone come in then every driver should request they want there paid 8 hour guarantee. I'm sure there will be plenty of us doing nothing but getting paid. If I'm stepping foot in that hub then there going to pay my 8.
Agree. If I walk in the door I'm getting my 8 no matter what.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I feel sorry for the drivers who deliver to Malls, Walmart and other Big Box Stores due to the large concentrations of idiots on the road on Black Friday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Walmart receiving is normally closed on Black Friday and I doubt that they will change that just for us. Most of the idiots should be home by the time we get on road.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Walmart receiving is normally closed on Black Friday and I doubt that they will change that just for us. Most of the idiots should be home by the time we get on road.
wow, here in Atlanta they are open on Turkey Day as well as Black Friday. This is what it looks like

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I feel sorry for the drivers who deliver to Malls, Walmart and other Big Box Stores due to the large concentrations of idiots on the road on Black Friday

I've done a mall a few times on Black Friday before, the HARDEST part is getting to my usual dock spots. Once IN the mall though, I just run my carts like normal. If you don't move when I say excuse me then you're ankles are gonna get smacked.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm glad I switched from retail to a country pull. If I work or not that day it doesn't really matter. That being said, I will try to be off.