The day after Thanksgiving is now a reguired work day?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Since I am a Sun-Thur feeder driver, I used to clock out Wed morning, and not have to come back until Sunday night. I would pick up some combo work on Friday, since it was easy money, and I wouldn't have to go shopping with the wife.
Last year, they forced us to work Wed. night, with hours after midnight double time(Holiday pay+ paid hours), and 2.5 time after 8. Since my family eats dinner late, I maxed out my time on the clock. I then turned around and worked the combo run Friday, again maxing out my hours.
Felt liked I owned the company when I got that paycheck.
We already have 60-70% of our pkg drivers coming in for air delivery on Friday, so it won't be a big change for us.

The title of this thread, Is misspelled

upload_2014-6-2_17-34-57.jpeg

What'dyabringmetoday???

It's a paid holiday for us. Period.

A operational day I think the way you are reading it is like this. I will work almost 8 hours on thanksgiving itself. I work 2.5 hours before midnight. Roughly 7-8 after midnight. I will be paid straight time up to 8 hours on that day because that is my normal operational day. The day after thanksgiving will not be a normal operating day. It will be a holiday UPS forces us to work. Some drivers who are tues-thru sat. that start at say 3a.m. will be required to work thanksgiving day at straight time up to 8 hours.

I know in package this doesn't happen. But in feeders and other departments it does.
Not that I really have a hot dog on this grill, but in Upstate NY, we get straight time on a holiday in addition to holiday pay. It really is a joke. We do get triple time for overtime on a holiday.