The day after Thanksgiving is now a reguired work day?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
1) New Year's Eve isn't busy enough to justify running ground over an air day.

2) Now working a full day on Black Friday, shippers can guarantee delivery to customers so they don't have to fight the crowds and still get the deals at their door step.

Where did I hear that before ?

P

pickup

In my feeders department, throughout the years, casuals always worked the friday after thanksgiving. They moved a few loads to other hubs, some airport work shuttling to hubs as well. They also did cpus at shippers whose owners, for the most part, were Orthodox Jewish.

If they need more feeder guys, I am pretty sure there are plenty who will sign up (the same guys who sign up for Memorial Day , labor day etc). Since we have plenty of guys in progression in feeders (off the street guys who were hired and who seem to need every dime they can get their hands on) , I think they will not exhaust the sign up sheet.

I would imagine a similar scenario in package (at least with having the casuals work).

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Seriously? Those bastids in Atlanta would spin it as "we are so dedicated we are sacrificing Christmas with our families to take care of our customers." Then they would leak our double time rate so all we would hear is "look at all the money you're making."
Just like I said in another post, in a couple of years its going to be a 60 hour work week instead of 40. These :censored2: hate there employees.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just like I said in another post, in a couple of years its going to be a 60 hour work week instead of 40. These :censored2: hate there employees.

You truly are an idiot.

{message from Cheryl}

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just like I said in another post, in a couple of years its going to be a 60 hour work week instead of 40. These :censored2:s hate there employees.
40 hour work week ...What company do you work for? If it wasn't for the holiday on monday...I would've broke 40 hours this week...I had 38.75 and I'm a PTer!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds a lot like a personal attack.
Nice command of the language, also.

Thanks. It was grammatically correct with no misspelled words.

I have tried nicely to get him to tone it down and stop his unfounded attacks on management.

I am done being nice with him. I will add him to my ignore list under the "hamster on Ritalin" group.