The day sort doesn't have a shop steward...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When you have no good come back,you name call. What a chumpstate.
guycar25jj.gif
lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
OP never said other people were logged in as him or using his scanner--just that there had been more than one loader in that trailer. It's common when loading feeders to have two loaders at a time in a trailer or to have guys moved around throughout the night hopping in and out of trailers, but each loader usually has their own scanner.

There was a software change a few years back that made it so you couldn't scan a misload. It would popup and ask you if you were sure and that the destination didn't match. Sooo, the only way you could get a misload was to disregard the warning that pops up and stops your scanning, accepting the misload or to load a bad package/bag without scanning it in which case they couldn't prove jack.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
my tool sup decides to write me up for it and bring in what I thought was a ship steward huge tells me there is no shop steward for that sort shift yet(day shift is new just stared in September) so he had the most senior person in the shift their and this guy isn't door say :censored2:. He as just their to be their.

You have Weingarten rights. You have the right to have Union representation present NOT just a random hourly with a bit of seniority. If you request Union representation and there is any possible way the meeting could result in or lead to discipline then or in the future or affect your working conditions then they are required to stop the meeting until such time as union representation is present, even if that means waiting a month, a year...a decade. If they refuse to honor your Weingarten rights they are committing an unfair labor practice and the NLRB has ruled that you have the right to be silent and not answer any of their questions and guarantees that you may not be successfully disciplined.

Don't sign anything except your paycheck (if you don't have direct deposit).

CHALLY9TX

FYI. Even if you say you don't want a steward present it doesn't matter. If ups wants to say you refused representation there must be a written statement by you refusing representation.

who_better_than_me

OP never said other people were logged in as him or using his scanner--just that there had been more than one loader in that trailer. It's common when loading feeders to have two loaders at a time in a trailer or to have guys moved around throughout the night hopping in and out of trailers, but each loader usually has their own scanner.

There was a software change a few years back that made it so you couldn't scan a misload. It would popup and ask you if you were sure and that the destination didn't match. Sooo, the only way you could get a misload was to disregard the warning that pops up and stops your scanning, accepting the misload or to load a bad package/bag without scanning it in which case they couldn't prove jack.
Yep and I didn't get any message in my scanner that said any of the package I scanned were in the wrong trailer.

blkmamba

I'm purely speculating (saw this happen multiple times) but after you left, packages may have been brought that were originally missorted and your sip used your scanner. Probably had one missort and scanned it and threw it in anyway.