the decay of american culture

bbsam

Staff member
images

I find this Canadian striking. Like Halle Berry and Cote de Pablo, all three are beautiful dressed up or dressed down.

Last edited:

rickyb

Do people really want this? Celebrity, accolades, blah, blah, blah? I think I like my boring life just fine, thanks.

most people are chasing fame and money / consumerism i think. obviously not everyone, but celebrity is obviously very popular. i mean even on browncafe u could argue that people post just to get likes or whatever, alot of the remarks are just jokes with little substance.

BrownArmy

Because it is better than using railroads.

Not sure about that, plenty of pipeline accidents in the last decade...

Many Nebraskans that don't support the pipeline are saying they could care less about global warming, they just don't want their water supply poisoned by the inevitable pipeline accident.

Less than 100 permanent full time jobs after the 3500 or so for construction go away?

Transporting another countries oil to be freely distributed on the global market?

Sounds like a winner to me.

bbsam

Staff member

Many Nebraskans that don't support the pipeline are saying they could care less about global warming, they just don't want their water supply poisoned by the inevitable pipeline accident.

Less than 100 permanent full time jobs after the 3500 or so for construction go away?

Transporting another countries oil to be freely distributed on the global market?

Has anyone ever determined how many permanent transport jobs would be lost to a pipeline?

rickyb

america is currently being hollowed out and exploited and it will be then deserted by the corporations which are essentially traitors. capitalism will consume everything: workers, the environment, until it finally consumes itself. jim hansen of nasa former head of climate change said if that pipeline is made its the end game for climate meaning extinction for humans. just saw a program with bill moyers and david suzuki and suzuki said that 50% of all climate scientists are saying humans will be extinct by 2100. when civilizations go insane they die; this has happened before on smaller scales. the economic jargon is absolutely nuts. anyways they are already pumping oil through the pipeline even though its not built i cant remember how tho.

BrownArmy

america is currently being hollowed out and exploited and it will be then deserted by the corporations which are essentially traitors...

One issue is that what you are saying (America is controlled by corporations) has always been the case.

To be clear, that has never not been the case.

The post-WWII rise of the middle class is a historical anomaly that the oligarchs are trying their damndest to erase...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
most people are chasing fame and money / consumerism i think. obviously not everyone, but celebrity is obviously very popular. i mean even on browncafe u could argue that people post just to get likes or whatever, alot of the remarks are just jokes with little substance.

What's wrong with jokes with little substance? Why does everything have to be serious all the time? Life is too short to be uptight and worried about the end of the world all the time. Sometimes we can enjoy the here and now with stupid immature jokes.

You know, people might take you a little more seriously if you showed them enough respect to write your posts with correct capitalization, spelling and punctuation.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ironically that was i was driving at in my death of teh middle class in america page: the america economy is turning into a low paying service sector economy. fortunately for me were not so bad.
Yeah, but they don't capitalize the start of sentences.....that's just lazy!

rickyb

alot of people are saying we have maybe 5 10 years to radically change the economy to get it in line with the dictates of the environment. many are saying humans will just go extinct. i agree and i think for any of u who have kids or grandkids, u should be thinking about the misery they will have to endure and the barbarism and violence because we didnt fight back now. to me faith is fighting back for justice and truth even when u know u cant win or will die doing so.

rickyb

One issue is that what you are saying (America is controlled by corporations) has always been the case.

To be clear, that has never not been the case.

The post-WWII rise of the middle class is a historical anomaly that the oligarchs are trying their damndest to erase...

the corporate control really increased beginning with reagan and continuing with every president since. it was a response to the activism of the 60s and 70s. things can change quickly too, it could get better. corporatoins have really gained power last 60 years, they werent so powerful back then.

i agree they are trying to eliminate the middle class. i have no idea if what u said of it being an anomally is true or not, i havent heard anything like that. the average american should be extremely well off with gains in productivity and automation, but they are actually worse off than they were in the 70s.

rickyb

What's wrong with jokes with little substance? Why does everything have to be serious all the time? Life is too short to be uptight and worried about the end of the world all the time. Sometimes we can enjoy the here and now with stupid immature jokes.

You know, people might take you a little more seriously if you showed them enough respect to write your posts with correct capitalization, spelling and punctuation.

i was class clown myself. but i aint joking right now. id take these guys more seriously if they had something substantial to say or add or whatever, but its just nothing for hte most part. theres more to being smart then putting capitals and whatever else.