The difference between Conservatives and Liberals

Overpaid Union Thug

This was passed on to me from a good friend. Very valid points.

Conservative / Liberal Explained
If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned foreveryone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberalis homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a person of color is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it’s a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended

DS

Fenderbender
liberal ,conservative,democrat,republican,every single person has thier opinions on the way things should be.I realize this thread was in jest,but I can't help but wonder what the usa would be like if voting was mandatory.

Overpaid Union Thug

liberal ,conservative,democrat,republican,every single person has thier opinions on the way things should be.I realize this thread was in jest,but I can't help but wonder what the usa would be like if voting was mandatory.

I almost wish it was mandatory but I definitely wish the voting age was 25. 18 years old with voting power is a scary thing.

DS

Fenderbender
really? but the kids are the future,dont you think that thier input should reflect thier future? I think maybe the majority of kids would vote sensibly and not out of hate for one thing or another

Overpaid Union Thug

really? but the kids are the future,dont you think that thier input should reflect thier future? I think maybe the majority of kids would vote sensibly and not out of hate for one thing or another

Their votes, much like most other decisions they make,are based on emotions and selfish reasons rather than based on logic and experience. The age of 25 tends to be the maturity age.

klein

Für Meno :)
I almost wish it was mandatory but I definitely wish the voting age was 25. 18 years old with voting power is a scary thing.

But, thier shooting power is ok in wars and military ?
And 25 ? Most have kids by then. And some won't be able to vote until they are almost 29 (every 4 years election).
If they can't vote for half thier lives, they may never wanna be involved in voting or politics.

Here they are thinking of lowering voting to 16 yrs of age.
To get students more involved and pro active in politics.
Might be a good thing in the future.

Just around 100 years ago, we had 10 yr olds working fulltime. And we started to protect them more and more. Not even a strap in school, and home spanking can get your children taken away. Maybe, it's time that we reverse that course a little bit, and make them more responsible ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Their votes, much like most other decisions they make,are based on emotions and selfish reasons rather than based on logic and experience. The age of 25 tends to be the maturity age.

They don't really get to make any decisions, they are puppets of IE.
IE makes all the decisions ... even if they get 3 point seat belts.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

No one should have the right to vote until they have done 2 years of public service in a hard job; military, garbage collection, child care, teaching inner city schools, nursing assistant in an emergency room....

Anything that demonstrates they can defer gratification to achieve a goal, and are willing to put the body politic first.

AND you can't run for office unless you have the right to vote.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The age thing tends to be self correcting, only around 30% of eligible voters in the 18-24 usually vote. The ones who do vote are the ones who care enough to get up early, go to the polling station, and stand in line, so I don't have a problem with them voting.

wkmac

but wonder what the usa would be like if voting was mandatory.

Forced compulsary elections. Would that also compel the person to only choose from what is on the ballot even when no candidate truly complies with the "INDIVIDUAL'S" beliefs or principles?

Did you ever consider that in the case of some people, not casting a ballot was their way of voting (voicing a public opinion) but you've conditioned yourself not to hear such voices?

Why not put an option on the ballot "none of the above" and then see what happens!

No one should have the right to vote until they have done 2 years of public service in a hard job;

Involuntary Servitude?

Judge to criminal:

I sentence you to 2 years public service in a hard job to gain your........

Sounds a bit like a fuedalistic system where in order to gain status you sacrifice for God and Crown (it's the same thing actually) and then you're given your knighthood (full citizenship status). I'm sure at some point, ownership of property and access to jobs will premise on similar state service too, all given sanction by the god that failed, DEMOCRACY!

“A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

- Alexander Tytler 1787

Hmmm! This all reminds me of something but.......

I'm sure I'll think of it.

images

Oh Yeah, that's it!

:peaceful:

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."

- Adolf Hitler

klein

Wkmac, wondering if you would chose any of these, or you simply want no party and government whatsoever ?
This is what our ballot slips look like.

Registered Political Parties and Parties Eligible for Registration
  • Animal Alliance Environment Voters Party of Canada
  • Bloc Québécois
  • Canadian Action Party
  • Christian Heritage Party of Canada
  • Communist Party of Canada
  • Conservative Party of Canada
  • First Peoples National Party of Canada
  • Green Party of Canada
  • Liberal Party of Canada
  • Libertarian Party of Canada
  • Marijuana Party
  • Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada
  • neorhino.ca
  • New Democratic Party
  • Newfoundland and Labrador First Party
  • People's Political Power Party of Canada
  • Progressive Canadian Party
  • Western Block Party
  • Work Less Party

klein

What do you think I would do?

Same thing,for you, nothing to chose from.
You could start your own party, and find followers.

Hang on this sounds like you:
The Libertarian Party of Canada

Instead of government dominating the lives of Canadians through taxes and regulations, the Libertarian Party of Canada believes that Canadians should be free to run their own lives.
We believe in a just, voluntary society that does not use government power to confiscate property or interfere with peaceful activities.
Government should act only as our servant and never as our master.

Last edited:

wkmac

Same thing,for you, nothing to chose from.
You could start your own party, and find followers.

Why would I want to start a political party, gain a majority and then use the power of the state to force you to live a lifestyle that serves my own self interests at the sacrifice of your's?

Does that in itself not violate everything I've been talking about? How does that not violate the non-aggression axiom? How is that not force through the complusion of the State via the threat of violence?

How am I any different from the mafia thug who controls a given geo-graphic area and uses force and threat to compell people to live in such a way (a way outside of force or threat they might not choose) as I benefit from this new condition?

outamyway

Forced compulsary elections. Would that also compel the person to only choose from what is on the ballot even when no candidate truly complies with the "INDIVIDUAL'S" beliefs or principles?

Did you ever consider that in the case of some people, not casting a ballot was their way of voting (voicing a public opinion) but you've conditioned yourself not to hear such voices?

Why not put an option on the ballot "none of the above" and then see what happens!

Involuntary Servitude?

Judge to criminal:

Sounds a bit like a fuedalistic system where in order to gain status you sacrifice for God and Crown (it's the same thing actually) and then you're given your knighthood (full citizenship status). I'm sure at some point, ownership of property and access to jobs will premise on similar state service too, all given sanction by the god that failed, DEMOCRACY!

images

Oh Yeah, that's it!

I like that idea.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Involuntary Servitude?

Judge to criminal:

Quote:
“A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

- Alexander Tytler 1787

images

Oh Yeah, that's it!

I come home from work.
I turn on the TV and watch Neil Cavuto and Glenn Beck.
(Because I am racist, I watch Fox. This was addressed in other posts.

Today I turned it on an Glenn Beck was talking about Alexander Tytler...
From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage
Alexander Tytler

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I come home from work.
I turn on the TV and watch Neil Cavuto and Glenn Beck.
(Because I am racist, I watch Fox. This was addressed in other posts.

Today I turned it on an Glenn Beck was talking about Alexander Tytler...
There's actually no evidence attributing that quote to Alexander Tytler.
click

wkmac

There's actually no evidence attributing that quote to Alexander Tytler.
click

I liked what Gary North said in 2006' on the matter and I agree:

When I first read the extract from Tyler's work, I thought it sounded strangely contemporary. He had listed the stages in a tightly written format, rather like a direct-mail advertisement. All that was missing was a bold-faced bullet at the beginning of each line. It just did not "smell" right to me. But I ignored the scent. At the same time, I did not forward a copy to anyone on my various mailing lists.

Gary goes on to discuss this and it's source but his observation that the quote has a comtempoary feel is very true. Gary closes out his piece however with the following that also IMO is equally true and thus the reason I find the quote useful even though its source is of great question.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]It is true that democracy undermines freedom when voters believe they can live off of others' productivity, when they modify the commandment: "Thou shalt not steal, except by majority vote." The politics of plunder is no doubt destructive of both morality and the division of labor. But there is no law of historical decline that says that people cannot change their minds.[/FONT]

BTW: Loren Collins is a local attorney and he ran for Congress back in (I think) 2006' on a 3rd party ticket, sorry can't recall the party. just some local flavor.

:wink2:

wkmac

Democracy: The God That Failed

Just to be sure and to limit your uptime at Snopes, I did check personally with Justin and verifiy that the above words are actually and truthfully his own so for historical record, we're good!

:thumbsup:

Speaking of, I wonder why we never hear about this "democracy" within the cannon and dogma of State worship?