The dumbest thing you did in 2011

over9five

Staff member
Nice. You never told us that. I would have remembered that. So there had to be a ton of memories this 1st Christmas back! Am I right?
Oh yeah, did I really never mention that? The house had been empty since her Dad died last December(4 days before Christmas, NOT a good time). No-one in the family, including us, wanted to buy the house at first. But we kept thinking how close it was to her brother and sister and my work. So we decided to buy it from the family. Between the money we'd make from selling our land, plus her 1/3 ownership of the estate made it very attractive. AND it's a beautiful, tho small, property.
She knows all the neighbors, they've all been here forever. My Mom says she's blossomed since moving back. She's happy, I'm happy.

DS

Fenderbender
Just a word......I like that I can plan and I don't fall victim to every little piece of electronics to come along.....still don't have a cell phone.
Well you obviously have a computer,and that is a first step.More when they introduced ATM's first in 1991 (ish) it was over 20 years ago,maybe you should try it.
I'm slow to accept things too but that's almost bag lady.:)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well you obviously have a computer,and that is a first step.More when they introduced ATM's first in 1991 (ish) it was over 20 years ago,maybe you should try it.
I'm slow to accept things too but that's almost bag lady.:)
Nope, no ATMs for me. I may have a computer.....but still pay my bills with checks. Just call me old fashioned and set in my ways.

DS

Fenderbender
My thread is a shell of it's original self
I also fine tuned a package car with a fire hydrant...doh

DS

Fenderbender
Nope, no ATMs for me. I may have a computer.....but still pay my bills with checks. Just call me old fashioned and set in my ways.
What happens when they don't accept checks anymore,.?or they charge for it... a paper bill costs them money....you save money doing it online
You could do it all on your phone if you would accept technology and use it instead of living in the 60's
not that there is anything wrong with that:consoling:

moreluck

golden ticket member
What happens when they don't accept checks anymore,.?or they charge for it... a paper bill costs them money....you save money doing it online
You could do it all on your phone if you would accept technology and use it instead of living in the 60's
not that there is anything wrong with that:consoling:

When checks are eliminated, I'll probably already be gone. Remember, it eas IBM Selectrics back in the 60's no pc's.