The dumbest thing you did in 2011

raceanoncr

IBM Selectrics were the primo electric typewriters back in the day.

Hmmmm....they were very difficult for me. Learned at home with old manual, took classes to improve. They had Selectrics. To me, a world of difference. Wanted old manual back. Was hard to switch back and forth.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hmmmm....they were very difficult for me. Learned at home with old manual, took classes to improve. They had Selectrics. To me, a world of difference. Wanted old manual back. Was hard to switch back and forth.
You had to push really hard on the manual keys......I had a manual in a carrying case at home. On the Selectrics if you pushed too hard on an 'e', you got 10 of them. You needed a light touch.

Sophomore year in typing class is when I learned of Kennedy's assassination.....It was announced on the P.A. system.

rod

Retired 22 years
I worked for my Dad during high school. He owned an office equipment and supply business. Most of my job centered around disassembling and cleaning typewriters. My first day of typing class in school I taught about 10 kids how to tear down a Royal manual typewriter before the teacher even walked into the room. She hated me. I ended up with D in her class.

klein

Für Meno :)
Most common mistake.....at the bank.... forgetting your card in the cash machine.
I took it a step further remembered my card but left $100 cash in the machine:winnersmiley:

Funny ! :)

I left my debit card at Canadian Tire inside those new debit machines.
Had to go online to check where I last used my card to find it.
Went back, retrieved it and shopped some more.
Funny part was, the customer just infront of me left his card in the hand machine, but by the time I was checked out he was long gone.

Anyways, to get back to the subject, I was probably pretty dumb to drive over 200km without any brakes whatsoever, after 1 of my hotdog events.
It went pretty well until I hit the city limits, basically had to drive thru a red light , because I couldn't brake at all.
Luckily I live in the northern outskirts of the city and was comming from the north, because I would have never been able to make it any further into the city without having an accident ready to happen.

Almost forgot : Dented my garage door, while I came into my driveway, too, because of having no brakes :(

Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck once I got home, and needed much rest after that. I fell asleep on my couch, probably 30 minutes later.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I left my hubbys 6 pack of budweiser on the back of the truck and drove away. Cleaining up glass in the middle of bumper to bumper traffic was not fun................Alcohol abuse.