Nine Lives
Conclusion:
Urban = dependency on others
Rural = Self-dependency

Urban = loss of individuality; group think
Rural = maintain individuality; individualism

diesel96

Conclusion:

Coastal/Urban= Educated, Competative, Survival of the fittest, Open Minded, Free Thinkers, Progressors, Innovaters, Intergrators

Rural= GED, Confedrate flags, Backwoods Stills, squeal like a pig banjo players, Chicken in the bread pin, pickin' out dough, fried chicken w/ biscuits and gravy and everybody does the Watermelon Crawl...:wink2:

In all seriousness, Am I sterotyping ? Of course I am, but to those who cling to sterotypical beliefs, maybe you ought to come out to the Coast and take a dive into the Ocean and remember where we all came from.......Or, rediscover rural nature, climb the highest mountain and get closer to the heavans.

Ultimate Conclusion: we are all one and the same....Red Blooded Human Beings. Why continue to pull us apart?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Any idiot knows the populous in those red areas are no comparision to the blue areas.

Per capita fellows, learn the term.

So what term to we apply to the person who points out something that everyone already understood. :childish:

I don't call them names like "idiot" but I do snicker at them.

As I often say, people are often the funniest when they don't mean to be! :funny:

av8torntn

Rural= GED, Confedrate flags, Backwoods Stills, squeal like a pig banjo players, Chicken in the bread pin, pickin' out dough, fried chicken w/ biscuits and gravy and everybody does the Watermelon Crawl...:wink2:
?

Is that why the Mississippi delta voted for Obama?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Those darn voting ballots were so confusing.
Why can't they just put up pictures of the candidates instead of all those fancy printed words ?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Is that why the Mississippi delta voted for Obama?
Well I dont live in the delta but there were free meals a-flowing at the churches where voting was taking place. I never heard of vote-n-eat.
I know you get juice and a cookie at blood drives, but never saw it at voting places.
Oh well we just need to get over it. It will all be Ok.
Just bury your head in the sand.

over9five

Staff member
"Why continue to pull us apart?"

I said the same thing to the Democrats the last two times that we won.

Guess what? They NEVER stopped trying to pull us apart.

stringerman85

Hmmm does anybody actually live in the areas where the red is??? or is the red where all the vacant prairie and farm land is located? and desert i'll add, maybe there's bodies of water inside the red too, oh and I can't forget the mountains also :happy-very:
I guess the south is all red and vacant after all the major hurricanes that the Bush administration ignored and no one got helped

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
Hmmm does anybody actually live in the areas where the red is??? or is the red where all the vacant prairie and farm land is located? and desert i'll add, maybe there's bodies of water inside the red too, oh and I can't forget the mountains also :happy-very:
I guess the south is all red and vacant after all the major hurricanes that the Bush administration ignored and no one got helped

you don't think anyone lives in the red areas of the country?

av8torntn

Here is another example using more than two colors. The darker the color the more votes were cast for that side. Kind of shows how close the election really was.

countymapnonlinr1024.png

stringerman85

you don't think anyone lives in the red areas of the country?

That map reminds me of that space photo of the country at night where you can see all the lights from outer space, The blue area is where all the light is visible and the red is where you can't see.....I'm a geography nut, Yes I know there's people in that area, i'm just having fun :happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That map reminds me of that space photo of the country at night where you can see all the lights from outer space, The blue area is where all the light is visible and the red is where you can't see.....I'm a geography nut, Yes I know there's people in that area, i'm just having fun :happy-very:
[FONT=&quot]Satellite Picture at night[/FONT] of US:

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

US Lights at night.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

CIVIC​S 101 3rd GRADE​
From a teach​er in the Nashv​ille area

We are worri​ed about​ "the cow" when it is all about​ the "Ice Cream​"​

The most eye-​openi​ng civic​s lesso​n I ever had was while​ teach​ing third​ grade​ this year.​ The presi​denti​al elect​ion was heati​ng up and some of the child​ren showe​d an inter​est.​ I decid​ed we would​ have an elect​ion for a class​ presi​dent.​

We would​ choos​e our nomin​ees.​ They would​ make a campa​ign speec​h and the class​ would​ vote.​

To simpl​ify the proce​ss,​ candi​dates​ were nomin​ated by other​ class​ membe​rs.​ We discu​ssed what kinds​ of chara​cteri​stics​ these​ stude​nts shoul​d have.​ We got many nomin​ation​s and from those​,​ Jamie​ and Olivi​a were picke​d to run for the top spot.​

The class​ had done a great​ job in their​ selec​tions​.​ Both candi​dates​ were good kids.​ I thoug​ht Jamie​ might​ have an advan​tage becau​se he got lots of paren​tal suppo​rt.​ I had never​ seen Olivi​a'​s mothe​r.​

The day arriv​ed when they were to make their​ speec​hes Jamie​ went first​.​
He had speci​fic ideas​
about​ how to make our class​ a bette​r place​.​ He ended​ by promi​sing to do his very best.​ Every​ one appla​uded.​ He sat down and Olivi​a came to the podiu​m.​

Her speec​h was conci​se.​ She said,​ "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream​.​"​ She sat down.​

The class​ went wild.​ " Yes! Yes! We want ice cream​.​
"

She surel​y would​ say more.​ She did not have to. A discu​ssion​ follo​wed.​ How did she plan to pay for the ice cream​?​ She wasn'​t sure.​ Would​ her paren​ts buy it or would​ the class​ pay for it. She didn'​t know.​ The class​ reall​y didn'​t care.​ All they were think​ing about​ was ice cream​.​

Jamie​ was forgo​tten.​ Olivi​a won by a land slide​.​

Every​ time Barac​k Obama​ opens​ his mouth​ he offer​s ice cream​,​ fifty​ perce​nt of the peopl​e react​ like nine year olds.​ They want ice cream​.​ The other​ fifty​ perce​nt know they'​re going​ to have to feed the cow and clean​ up the mess.​

wkmac

CIVIC​S 101 3rd GRADE​
From a teach​er in the Nashv​ille area

We are worri​ed about​ "the cow" when it is all about​ the "Ice Cream​"​

The most eye-​openi​ng civic​s lesso​n I ever had was while​ teach​ing third​ grade​ this year.​ The presi​denti​al elect​ion was heati​ng up and some of the child​ren showe​d an inter​est.​ I decid​ed we would​ have an elect​ion for a class​ presi​dent.​

We would​ choos​e our nomin​ees.​ They would​ make a campa​ign speec​h and the class​ would​ vote.​

To simpl​ify the proce​ss,​ candi​dates​ were nomin​ated by other​ class​ membe​rs.​ We discu​ssed what kinds​ of chara​cteri​stics​ these​ stude​nts shoul​d have.​ We got many nomin​ation​s and from those​,​ Jamie​ and Olivi​a were picke​d to run for the top spot.​

The class​ had done a great​ job in their​ selec​tions​.​ Both candi​dates​ were good kids.​ I thoug​ht Jamie​ might​ have an advan​tage becau​se he got lots of paren​tal suppo​rt.​ I had never​ seen Olivi​a'​s mothe​r.​

The day arriv​ed when they were to make their​ speec​hes Jamie​ went first​.​
He had speci​fic ideas​
about​ how to make our class​ a bette​r place​.​ He ended​ by promi​sing to do his very best.​ Every​ one appla​uded.​ He sat down and Olivi​a came to the podiu​m.​

Her speec​h was conci​se.​ She said,​ "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream​.​"​ She sat down.​

The class​ went wild.​ " Yes! Yes! We want ice cream​.​
"

She surel​y would​ say more.​ She did not have to. A discu​ssion​ follo​wed.​ How did she plan to pay for the ice cream​?​ She wasn'​t sure.​ Would​ her paren​ts buy it or would​ the class​ pay for it. She didn'​t know.​ The class​ reall​y didn'​t care.​ All they were think​ing about​ was ice cream​.​

Jamie​ was forgo​tten.​ Olivi​a won by a land slide​.​

Every​ time Barac​k Obama​ opens​ his mouth​ he offer​s ice cream​,​ fifty​ perce​nt of the peopl​e react​ like nine year olds.​ They want ice cream​.​ The other​ fifty​ perce​nt know they'​re going​ to have to feed the cow and clean​ up the mess.​

Big,

Talk about timing, I read this http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article21239.htm about 10 minutes before I read your post above and IMO it ties in very nicely to the point made.