The Election Blowout?

wkmac

And then there's always this:

November 17, 2008

Censor Those High-School Textbooks!

Posted by Lew Rockwell at November 17, 2008 11:22 AM
The US-backed regime in South Korea is outraged at high-school textbooks that tell the truth about the 63-year US occupation. The Ministry of Education demands that offending passages be censored because they "undermine the legitimacy of the South Korean government.... A textbook of modern history should be written in a way that does not hurt our national pride." The US Ministry of Education has the exact same policy, of course, for its far dumber high-school history books, but is less honest about it.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/024043.html

"Veee must never letz zee truth conflict with zee goals of zee empire!"
:wink2:

Authoriterian Tyrants don't die, they just get recycled over and over again and many cases backed by US foreign policy!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Enjoying your vacation?

Me Too!
:happy-very:
I was wondering why the hell you aren't at work this time of the day. Yes, I am enjoying the week off. That stinking alarm clock won't go off again till 4:30AM next Monday morning. I'm being forced against my will to stay out of Clayton County for a week.:wink2: I have a big week planned. Finish painting my shack, cleaning out the chimney, chopping wood, and avoiding wearing anything that is colored brown!

wkmac

I was wondering why the hell you aren't at work this time of the day. Yes, I am enjoying the week off. That stinking alarm clock won't go off again till 4:30AM next Monday morning. I'm being forced against my will to stay out of Clayton County for a week.:wink2: I have a big week planned. Finish painting my shack, cleaning out the chimney, chopping wood, and avoiding wearing anything that is colored brown!

I was going to topcoat the front door today but the cold knocked that idea down. And just as I was about to make some serious fun of you and your honey do list, my honey grabbed me and I spent the afternoon building the carcas of some additional kitchen cabinets. Letting some glue set over night and tomorrow I'll finish assembly and it'll be time for sanding, sealer and then stain.

Word to the wise, if you have extra cabinet grade wood in your shop, never leave the door unlocked so your wife can go nosing around.
:happy-very:

Good news is I'm off until Dec. 1st!

:dance::surfing::bbq:

:rofl:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side
Any idiot knows the populous in those red areas are no comparision to the blue areas.

Thank you Captain Obvious.:knockedout:

More succinct, to the point than my original reply.

So what term to we apply to the person who points out something that everyone already understood. :childish:

I don't call them names like " idiot" but I do snicker at them. :rolleyes2:

As I often say, people are often the funniest when they don't mean to be! :funny:

wkmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side
Any idiot knows the populous in those red areas are no comparision to the blue areas.

More succinct, to the point than my original reply.

So what term to we apply to the person who points out something that everyone already understood. :childish:

I don't call them names like " idiot" but I do snicker at them. :rolleyes2:

As I often say, people are often the funniest when they don't mean to be! :funny:

:happy-very: You know the more I look at Chev's "Captain Obvious" the funnier it gets.

Thanks of the laugh Chev!
:wink2: