The FairTax

S

speeddemon

How many of you have heard about the FairTax. It is a revenue replacement system that would eliminate taxes being taken out of your paycheck. You can check it out here... www.fairtax.org ....Warning! The information you will learn while reading the book on the fairtax will reall make you angry and aware on just how much our government couldnt care less about you. And I welcome any PM's concerning questions about this tax overhaul plan. Do your homework before you make false claims about what the fairtax is, because I have done my homework.

steeltoe

Glad to see another supporter of this legislation on the board. I have researched a great deal and believe that the system could be great for our country as a whole. Bottom line is the fact that our current system is a disaster and must be fixed.

I have always said that if every person in America had to write a check for their income taxes at the end of the year, instead of it being taken out of your paycheck on a weekly basis, we would have another revolution. Americans have forgotten that this is our earned income, not the governments.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wait a minute, I missed the train, Ive been gone a few days.
I love Neal Boortz, and I love the fair tax, I want the fair tax.
Everyone always says, Oh it will be so hard to change.
Well its so screwed up now, with the IRS, why not try it. We could always go back. I want to take my whole paycheck home. Imagine the idiots amongst us who have credit card debt, we could wipe it out in months with our extra income, and fuel the economy.
We could afford gas again.
And the coffers would overflow. With tax dollars!!
I dont think it will ever happen, but I can dream.
The beautiful part, is even the hookers on Main St. would pay taxes. Even the drug dealers, even the illegals who are not (I do realize many are) paying, Everyone would pay, and get rebates up to the poverty level. So the truly poor would still not pay, and the awful rich could get richer, instead of being punished for achieving. And create more jobs for those people in need of a job. Makes sense to me...............

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I like the FairTax Plan too. But the problem I see is that the politicians are not ever going to vote it in because they will lose power. They enjoy wasting our money, I can't ever see them doing the right thing and giving it up.

K

Ken Howe

I like the FairTax Plan too. But the problem I see is that the politicians are not ever going to vote it in because they will lose power. They enjoy wasting our money, I can't ever see them doing the right thing and giving it up.

You are right about the politicians but you are mistaken about the prospects of the FairTax becoming the practice in the US of A. The reason I say that is there are more people aware of the federal debt and other silliness and more people willing to vote their own members out of office than ever before. I talk to many people who say ,often under their breathe, that we need Bob Barr or Ron Paul as President not more of the same old stuff promoted by the media.
We, together, can help make it happen.
Ken Howe
Clearwater, FL

upseng

Hello everyone. First time poster here, have been reading BC for a while though. I love the Fair Tax and I wish we could all be less negative about it becoming a reality. We all just need to speak more with our votes. I know, I know, but I can dream can't I?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Welcome to brown cafe, great first post, and yes we can vote them out, and get someone in, more people have to care. Unfortunately most people are living paycheck to paycheck, and think their votes dont count. And are too busy surviving to band together and let their voices be heard.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You'd think that anything that totally takes away the IRS would be extremely popular.....or do I have it wrong?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think one of the problems is not so much the information but the misinformation that is being presented. My son was asking me about it as I have a bumper sticker on my Colorado and when I told him about the 23% sales tax he stopped listening before I had a chance to outline all of the positives. The fact that it is basically a user fee really appeals to me. Plus, it will be so nice not to have to buy the new Turbo Tax each year, keep track of all of my deductions and spend the time preparing my return.

Of course, making a $1,000 purchase and having to pay $1,230 to do so will be a hard thing to get used to at first but when I get to bring home every penny that I earned---priceless.

mittam

GREAT to hear people wanting the fair tax! Hopefully someday some politician will have the intestinal fortitude to get it passed.

beentheredonethat

I'll admit the idea of a sales tax instead of an income tax sounds appealing. However, as others said, I don't see Congress giving up that kind of power. Also, I've never seen a tax go away before. I could see Congress enacting the sales tax and then "slowly" phase out the income tax. But then the next year, they extend the deadline for phasing out the income tax. Before long, we permanently have both the sales and income tax.