The Fed Ex Credit Card

Not IN Trace

Did anyone see fedex spent 2.3 billion on 12 new boeing 777 planes and new sorting centers, for a company that has had such a large expansion over the last 10 years I can only imigine how much debt this company must have to try to compete with UPS, a debt free company with billions in cash. I just wish I was banker holding those loans.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Your numbers are off. They bought 15 777's with Options for 15 more and they're rumored to....

Last edited:

Returntosender

Did anyone see fedex spent 2.3 billion on 12 new boeing 777 planes and new sorting centers, for a company that has had such a large expansion over the last 10 years I can only imigine how much debt this company must have to try to compete with UPS, a debt free company with billions in cash. I just wish I was banker holding those loans.

Maybe Fred paid entire bill with cash.? MR smith had 292.2 million in cash as of 5-31-2008 and as of 5-31-2010 Smith has 195.2 million close to 100 milllion was spent with 1 years time. Maybe that 100 million was spent on aircraft and facilty expanision.

Last edited:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I can only imigine how much debt this company must have to try to compete with UPS, a debt free company with billions in cash. I just wish I was banker holding those loans.

Wait until next week when Scott Davis and the crew from Atlanta come out with their quarterly report. This guy had the rocks to come out and actually declare this recession being over with back in February. We all know the company will show a tremendous profit, but at what cost to customer service?

http://www.ajc.com/business/ups-ceo-declares-an-288873.html

klein

Für Meno :)
There is no doubt Fedex is expanding. Just look at UPS trying to unionize them.
And make them fair competivers. And ofcouse the rail act..

I think UPS should mine their own business and concentrate on that.
If they don't , they'll lose.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no doubt Fedex is expanding. Just look at UPS trying to unionize them.
And make them fair competivers. And ofcouse the rail act..

I think UPS should mine their own business and concentrate on that.
If they don't , they'll lose.

...if we don't level the playing field we will lose.

IMO we've lost already. Many do not think so and others do not believe so. I don't have time to research it but if somebody does I would love to see a pie chart with UPS market share and percentages lets say in 1995 and present day for ground deliveries only!!!

klein

...if we don't level the playing field we will lose.

Thats what got shot into your head for some odd reason.
Last time I checked UPS made more profits then Fedex. Much more.

Not that it's going to employees though... actually the opposite, took Turkey and rewards away.
I guess they need another billion for shareholders ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thats what got shot into your head for some odd reason.
Last time I checked UPS made more profits then Fedex. Much more.

Not that it's going to employees though... actually the opposite, took Turkey and rewards away.
I guess they need another billion for shareholders ?

Klein, we are losing market share, especially on the Ground side. One of the main hurdles is our price point. It has been much more difficult for me to get a sold sales lead lately beause we have become too expensive. Yes, our overall profit is higher, but our profit per piece is much lower.

Something needs to give. We will be at $32+/hr by 2013 with industry leading benefits and pension. Not bad for a job which only requires a HS degree. At what point is it enough?

klein

Yes, your overpaid.... all you need is a Driver's licence...... but UPS wants Fedex to do the same mistake. They aren't that stupid !
People are willing to drive and deliver for $20 an hr, so be it.
Post office does it too, for that much.(or little compared to UPS).

And UPS wants fedex to stop growing and take thier share away. I agree on that, too.

I tried sales leads myself, but when customers told me what time in the morning fedex shows up..... I couldn't compete.... for me it would be maybe noon or later, at best.

But, let the free market handle it. Don't force union on fedex... they could never compete with UPS at $32 an hr, you and I know that.
All of us have seen thier trucks. Half full to them is packed.

klein

If only we could let the free market handle it. That is exactly what we want!

But our government is giving Fedex a very unfair advantage.

To be honest, I'm not sure about that, since fedex ground is contracted out.
Yup, in a way Fedex is getting by it, but in a way it's not thier company vehicles, neither employees. Half and half situation there.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I tried sales leads myself, but when customers told me what time in the morning fedex shows up..... I couldn't compete.... for me it would be maybe noon or later, at best.

I haven't wasted my time on sales leads in a while now. And besides, with reduced staffing on-road to save money and incompetency behind the dispatch computer, we can barely service the customers we have now.

klein

I haven't wasted my time on sales leads in a while now. And besides, with reduced staffing on-road to save money and incompetency behind the dispatch computer, we can barely service the customers we have now.

I hear ya ! Out and loud !

They say it will bring more trucks and drivers on the road..... think again... just another hr OT !

Overpaid Union Thug

But, let the free market handle it. Don't force union on fedex... they could never compete with UPS at $32 an hr, you and I know that.
All of us have seen thier trucks. Half full to them is packed.

A free market should have a level playing field. And no one is forcing a union on FedEx. Their employees would have to choose to unionize. Simply correctly re-classing FedEx under the same labor laws as UPS won't automatically unionize them.

bbsam

Staff member
A free market should have a level playing field. And no one is forcing a union on FedEx. Their employees would have to choose to unionize. Simply correctly re-classing FedEx under the same labor laws as UPS won't automatically unionize them.
Why not have UPS and the Teamsters put the money and effort into having themselves reclassified?