The FedEx PR Crisis

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You have a bad attitude too. Please OLCC yourself and volunteer for re-education at a Camp Fred near you on Monday.

aye aye, Capitan!

Fred is good....Fred is good....Fred is good....Fred is good....Fred is good....Fred is good........

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
not bad...for a 12 year old.

I met someone at a seminar yesterday who was extremely educated, an author of numerous books, and a practicing shrink. He was also a devout Christian who liked to pepper his speech with both direct and indirect references to God. While it was compelling, his "answers" were very simplistic, and disappointing, coming from someone who was so obviously intelligent.

I'm sorry, but to be a professor of objectivity and science does not square with the idea of faith, which is absolutely not scientific and very subjective. It was disturbing to hear so many "facts" attributed to God that could not be proven at all. Great guy, smart man, but I didn't like having a sermon tossed into the lecture.

bbsam

Staff member
I met someone at a seminar yesterday who was extremely educated, an author of numerous books, and a practicing shrink. He was also a devout Christian who liked to pepper his speech with both direct and indirect references to God. While it was compelling, his "answers" were very simplistic, and disappointing, coming from someone who was so obviously intelligent.

I'm sorry, but to be a professor of objectivity and science does not square with the idea of faith, which is absolutely not scientific and very subjective. It was disturbing to hear so many "facts" attributed to God that could not be proven at all. Great guy, smart man, but I didn't like having a sermon tossed into the lecture.
I'd find it annoying as well. What was the seminar about?

DontThrowPackages

What bbsam said.

I think I've figured out why atheists are, as a whole, so unhappy and bitter.
I just maybe be the happiest person at our station. I except the fact that when we die, I become worm food. I except that fact that 4,000 years from now, every body buried anywhere on on this earth will probably dug up so homes can be constructed over that land. I execpt the fact that He's had over 2,000 year come back and still a no show. I except the fact that when I die, I will be in the same state as I was before conception. Can you here that? Another woman was raped and another person murdered. Uh oh, a 7 year old girl just died of cancer. Dead sucks, get use to it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I just maybe be the happiest person at our station. I except the fact that when we die, I become worm food. I except that fact that 4,000 years from now, every body buried anywhere on on this earth will probably dug up so homes can be constructed over that land. I execpt the fact that He's had over 2,000 year come back and still a no show. I except the fact that when I die, I will be in the same state as I was before conception. Can you here that? Another woman was raped and another person murdered. Uh oh, a 7 year old girl just died of cancer. Dead sucks, get use to it.
perhaps He's delaying just a bit longer in order to give you the opportunity to "except" Him.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

And that's the reason why such a disproportionate number atheists end up so miserable as they age: arrogance.

Atheists, as a whole, tend to see themselves as brainiacs. They are just so much smarter than the rest of the herd who believe in the imaginary guy in the clouds. Why, there's no scientific proof that he (or He, depending) exists! Only the fools would devote themselves to such a thing that can't possibly exist. If they can't accomplish something, it can't be accomplished.

Having established themselves as the smartest things to ever exists, atheists as a whole begin to look around. They take note of all of the negative on this planet. There's plenty of it and nothing that they can do about it. All of their higher intelligence can't change any of it to any significant degree. They tend to spend a lot of time dwelling on all of that, and then it hits them that this is the nirvana of existence. There is nothing else waiting for you or your soul once this life is over. Whatever kind of life you're living is as good as it will ever get.

Being the smartest things in existence, there is no higher power. When circumstances in life take a rather pronounced bad turn, who do you pray to in order to understand what's going on or the strength to overcome it? You certainly can't take it as a sign from God that you need to make some changes because you don't believe in God. Why would you need God? All problems can be solved with logic.

There's more to it than that, but that's the long and short of it. This is as good as it gets and the ability to deal with adversity is limited to the talents of other atheists. I can see why so many of them end up so miserable.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And that's the reason why such a disproportionate number atheists end up so miserable as they age: arrogance.

Atheists, as a whole, tend to see themselves as brainiacs. They are just so much smarter than the rest of the herd who believe in the imaginary guy in the clouds. Why, there's no scientific proof that he (or He, depending) exists! Only the fools would devote themselves to such a thing that can't possibly exist. If they can't accomplish something, it can't be accomplished.

Having established themselves as the smartest things to ever exists, atheists as a whole begin to look around. They take note of all of the negative on this planet. There's plenty of it and nothing that they can do about it. All of their higher intelligence can't change any of it to any significant degree. They tend to spend a lot of time dwelling on all of that, and then it hits them that this is the nirvana of existence. There is nothing else waiting for you or your soul once this life is over. Whatever kind of life you're living is as good as it will ever get.

Being the smartest things in existence, there is no higher power. When circumstances in life take a rather pronounced bad turn, who do you pray to in order to understand what's going on or the strength to overcome it? You certainly can't take it as a sign from God that you need to make some changes because you don't believe in God. Why would you need God? All problems can be solved with logic.

There's more to it than that, but that's the long and short of it. This is as good as it gets and the ability to deal with adversity is limited to the talents of other atheists. I can see why so many of them end up so miserable.

Where did you get your psychology degree? I'm agnostic, and only speaking for myself here, but we non-believers and questioners tend to be looking for facts. That's what keeps us out of the pews, Dano, not arrogance or superiority. There is just nothing there to support your faith but a bunch of weak "explanations" and downright deceptions. As I have said many times before, I hope I am wrong and that there is a God. I'm just not seeing it right now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Where did you get your psychology degree? I'm agnostic, and only speaking for myself here, but we non-believers and questioners tend to be looking for facts. That's what keeps us out of the pews, Dano, not arrogance or superiority. There is just nothing there to support your faith but a bunch of weak "explanations" and downright deceptions. As I have said many times before, I hope I am wrong and that there is a God. I'm just not seeing it right now.

The universe is, by all accounts, infinite yet still expanding and the smartest humans understand so very little of it. Leave it to people like you to dismiss the possibility almost outright.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
To the Atheist, Non-Believers, Etc.:

One thing I learned from an Atheist ...

I watched a guy who said he didn't believe in God. This was until his wife went into "premature labor" and his twins had to "make it through the night" to survive. A neo-natal nurse and I watched this 6'2", 245# man pray, to a "higher power". He begged "God" to save his babies.

Not a Bible-Thumper, nor do I believe the KJV is solely "correct" ...

... however, he/she/it is real.