The FedEx PR Crisis

FedExRookie

Where did you get your psychology degree? I'm agnostic, and only speaking for myself here, but we non-believers and questioners tend to be looking for facts. That's what keeps us out of the pews, Dano, not arrogance or superiority. There is just nothing there to support your faith but a bunch of weak "explanations" and downright deceptions. As I have said many times before, I hope I am wrong and that there is a God. I'm just not seeing it right now.

Do you understand that Dano said atheist not agnostic in his post? There is a fundamental difference between the former and the latter. People of your belief (agnostic) don't believe in a higher being because lack of proof, but do recognize that there COULD be someone/something of higher powers. An atheist says there is no chance of a higher being.

I'm not sure how this came up, to lazy to go back in this thread, just pointing out what I noticed on this page.

STFXG

To the Atheist, Non-Believers, Etc.:

One thing I learned from an Atheist ...

I watched a guy who said he didn't believe in God. This was until his wife went into "premature labor" and his twins had to "make it through the night" to survive. A neo-natal nurse and I watched this 6'2", 245# man pray, to a "higher power". He begged "God" to save his babies.

Not a Bible-Thumper, nor do I believe the KJV is solely "correct" ...

... however, he/she/it is real.

What exactly did you learn? That a desperate man will try anything? No different than a widow suddenly believing in a psychic medium.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you understand that Dano said atheist not agnostic in his post? There is a fundamental difference between the former and the latter. People of your belief (agnostic) don't believe in a higher being because lack of proof, but do recognize that there COULD be someone/something of higher powers. An atheist says there is no chance of a higher being.

I'm not sure how this came up, to lazy to go back in this thread, just pointing out what I noticed on this page.

I think Dano lumps us all together. Believe me, if there is a God, I would be very happy. I just don't see the proof, and I think atheists are in the same boat. Just my opinion.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think Dano lumps us all together. Believe me, if there is a God, I would be very happy. I just don't see the proof, and I think atheists are in the same boat. Just my opinion.

I lump them all together because there's not that much difference in them. There's a sizable difference in their actual belief, but not so much in them as people, at least in my experience.

59 Dano

To the Atheist, Non-Believers, Etc.:

One thing I learned from an Atheist ...

I watched a guy who said he didn't believe in God. This was until his wife went into "premature labor" and his twins had to "make it through the night" to survive. A neo-natal nurse and I watched this 6'2", 245# man pray, to a "higher power". He begged "God" to save his babies.

Not a Bible-Thumper, nor do I believe the KJV is solely "correct" ...

... however, he/she/it is real.

That moment when the arrogant are humbled.

DontThrowPackages

Where did you get your psychology degree? I'm agnostic, and only speaking for myself here, but we non-believers and questioners tend to be looking for facts. That's what keeps us out of the pews, Dano, not arrogance or superiority. There is just nothing there to support your faith but a bunch of weak "explanations" and downright deceptions. As I have said many times before, I hope I am wrong and that there is a God. I'm just not seeing it right now.
I know no arrogant atheist or agnostic people. Doesn't mean there aren't just I've never knowingly come across any. However, the high and might Christian faith is full of superior and arrogant people. Not all! But I grew up in the middle of Christianity and I can say what Ive witnessed. Just the very fact that the non believers here are being attacked and called names serves proof. It's as if questioning something we've been taught as kids, and never thought to question, now makes no sense to some as adults and just maybe leaves the remaining believers with a small doubt themselves. As I've said before, Jesus had powers right? His father is suppose to be the most powerful entity in the universe. The same entity which killed an entire city for have too much sex. The same entity who killed every first born child(babies) born in Egypt and the first born of every livestock to boot because Pharaoh would release the Jews from slavery. The same entity which told Noah to build a boat because the entity wanted to kill mankind and start all over. By the way, if that story is true it means we are all descendants of Noah. Which means, White,blacks, asians, mexicans are all brothers. That kinda blows my mind lol. Anyway, all this murder in the name of disobedience and yet when his son is dying on the cross he doesn't left a finger? I can't believe in that. Makes no sense. But somehow my, and others, non believing might chip just a little at the believers faith. I mean, what do they care if I would like to see proof instead of a bunch of men in Rome telling me to just believe. By the way, Pope Francis says Atheist can get into Heaven. Kinda like someone telling you just won a million dollars in 4 dollar bills.
When Wolf Blitzer interviewed a woman standing in an area where her home once stood and after being asked about her thoughts on God Sparing her life, she politely ignored the question. He asked a second time and she said she was an atheist but didn't mine others believing in whatever they choose. I loved it.
More and more people have stopped going to church and for whatever reason it ticks off some Christians.

59 Dano

I know no arrogant atheist or agnostic people. Doesn't mean there aren't just I've never knowingly come across any. However, the high and might Christian faith is full of superior and arrogant people. Not all! But I grew up in the middle of Christianity and I can say what Ive witnessed. Just the very fact that the non believers here are being attacked and called names serves proof.

I have no problem with the belief of atheists and those of a similar ilk, just the attitude that often accompanies it.

It's as if questioning something we've been taught as kids, and never thought to question, now makes no sense to some as adults and just maybe leaves the remaining believers with a small doubt themselves.

Believers have, and will always have, questions about their faith.

Anyway, all this murder in the name of disobedience and yet when his son is dying on the cross he doesn't left a finger? I can't believe in that. Makes no sense.

He was sent to die on the cross as a sacrifice for all the sins of mankind. That's why a finger wasn't lifted.

bbsam

Staff member
I remember my own experience of "seven years an agnostic". The funny thing was that I couldn't help be attracted to what I didn't think was there. I'd stop and buy a 40 oz. and drive around the Iowa countryside drinking, listening to lo al Christian radio and scoffing at it. One of my former love interests was a young, very conservative gal with a Southern Baptist minister as a father. She wasn't my normal type, but she was fascinating to me.

The point is that I couldn't simply dismiss God and go about my own way. I have always been drawn to the "something out there". Christianity is simply that which makes sense of it for me, that puts life in perspective on a daily basis. A religion based on a man brutally executed 2000 years ago for my sins today and resurrected by a loving and merciful God. I know that sounds crazy and even foolish. I also have come to believe it is absolutely true and am grateful for it.

CJinx

At the end of the day, none of us truly knows for certain if this "higher power" exists. We might think we know, that somehow our blind belief or disbelief somehow enlightens us in ways that others can not or will not comprehend. Maybe we'll get clarity when we die, but I doubt any of us are in a hurry to get there. Well, maybe MFE is; the way he posts here, I fear a stroke is in his future.

To quote Socrates, "ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat" or "I know that I know nothing".

59 Dano

A religion based on a man brutally executed 2000 years ago for my sins today and resurrected by a loving and merciful God.

Paraphrasing what someone had said when discussing atheism: We know Christ existed. We measure our years based on whether they occurred before his life (BC) or at some point after his birth (AD). But why base our counting of years on him? Maybe he was important.

DontThrowPackages

Paraphrasing what someone had said when discussing atheism: We know Christ existed. We measure our years based on whether they occurred before his life (BC) or at some point after his birth (AD). But why base our counting of years on him? Maybe he was important.
Christ did exist. Was he the byproduct of a higher power is the question. And the reason we use BC and AD is the same reason English is the universal language of business. Everyone needs to be on the same page. China uses their original calendar but also recognize BC. Other counties didn't fully change over until 1700's or even later.

TUT

Yeah I don't know what this stereotype of atheists is coming from. In youth this number is growing substantially, which means if trends continue, each gen will be more and more driven by science and demanding proof to believe further. This is the trend. Now one way to change it is for a true Biblical Miracle to happen or just come down and say "Hi" once in a while. Otherwise expect the trend to continue. I am never against the trends set by youth, they are driven by the environment adults set, this is what they are concluding after we feed them input. They are tending to go with science at this time.

As for praying in a fox hole or when a wife is in labor if one is a non-believer, that is just desperation. It really doesn't prove anything either way.

As for me I have my own beliefs, not necessarily mainstream, but a lot more hands off from above, a lot less threatening. I find that not popular because it's hard to monetize a zen type belief.

hypo hanna

Christ did exist. Was he the byproduct of a higher power is the question. And the reason we use BC and AD is the same reason English is the universal language of business. Everyone needs to be on the same page. China uses their original calendar but also recognize BC. Other counties didn't fully change over until 1700's or even later.
Yes, it helps for differing groups to be on the same page but that is NOT why we use the Gregorian calendar. (Or the Julian calendar or the Hebrew calendar or the .... )

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
At the end of the day, none of us truly knows for certain if this "higher power" exists. We might think we know, that somehow our blind belief or disbelief somehow enlightens us in ways that others can not or will not comprehend. Maybe we'll get clarity when we die, but I doubt any of us are in a hurry to get there. Well, maybe MFE is; the way he posts here, I fear a stroke is in his future.

To quote Socrates, "ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat" or "I know that I know nothing".

I think the people who are going to have a stroke are the Kool-Aid consumers like yourself who will turn 40 or 45 and suddenly realize that they have little to no retirement, poor benefits, and don't make enough money to both make ends meet and save something extra. I post here because I actually care about those employees who have not figured it out yet. There's hope for you too.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have no problem with the belief of atheists and those of a similar ilk, just the attitude that often accompanies it.

Believers have, and will always have, questions about their faith.

He was sent to die on the cross as a sacrifice for all the sins of mankind. That's why a finger wasn't lifted.

Dano. Why did Christ have to die? Why didn't God just say "knock it off", and "don't sin". No superior attitude and no arrogance...just a simple question.

CJinx

I think the people who are going to have a stroke are the Kool-Aid consumers like yourself who will turn 40 or 45 and suddenly realize that they have little to no retirement, poor benefits, and don't make enough money to both make ends meet and save something extra. I post here because I actually care about those employees who have not figured it out yet. There's hope for you too.
I think you sorely underestimate me, friend. I already make enough to afford everything I need and save money at the same time. In a few more years I'll have a master's degree for which I have invested very little of my own money to get (tuition reimbursement is awesome!) and begin the hunt for bigger and better things. If I can't find it here at Fedex, I'll pack up my bags and find it somewhere else.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think you sorely underestimate me, friend. I already make enough to afford everything I need and save money at the same time. In a few more years I'll have a master's degree for which I have invested very little of my own money to get (tuition reimbursement is awesome!) and begin the hunt for bigger and better things. If I can't find it here at Fedex, I'll pack up my bags and find it somewhere else.

Good for you. Most employees don't have a plan. Use your degree to find something better.