The Financial Cliff

A

anonymous6

sooner or later you have to pay the piper. i'd rather sooner than my grandchildren become slaves.

beentheredonethat

Supposedly, you don't need milk unless you are a child........think of the animal kingdom.

My doctor wants me to have no milk......I tell him it's skim, but he says no dairy.

I agree, I don't recall the last time I drank milk. However I do have dairy in the form of cheese and also cream for my coffee.

TUT

The milk doubling reason is true comedy. Nothing says dysfunctional like that.

When they are talking spending cuts, I haven't heard a lick about military cutbacks. Should we be winding down this 10 year war and since military spending is always sky high, doesn't it seem a good place to do at least some cutting?

Obama can't ok or veto something that does not get to him. Once you understand how the process works, you realize the part the president plays. I'm still for no-gridlock, because we go nowhere and get lapped by the competition (other countries) as we sit idle. I'm for either side, before being stuck in finger pointing gridlock, it's obvious the two parties are above the countries needs, so mixed branches means "we all lose".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Looks like the senate is closing in on a deal, but the question is whether it will be able to pass the house. If by some miracle they can pull that off look for the stock market to explode.

texan

Looks like the senate is closing in on a deal, but the question is whether it will be able to pass the house. If by some miracle they can pull that off look for the stock market to explode.
It will still be short term.
The House keeps looking for a 2 to 8 year plan of debt reduction.
Those mean members that desire a budget, a long term plan, shame on them.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It will still be short term.
The House keeps looking for a 2 to 8 year plan of debt reduction.
Those mean members that desire a budget, a long term plan, shame on them.
I think that's a bit disingenuous. The big sticking point in the house is not the length of the deal because everyone wants a long term deal, it's the tax increases.

curiousbrain

We are all locked in a death grip of unconsensual financial rape. It's far too late at this point ... just relax and enjoy the ride.

texan

I think that's a bit disingenuous. The big sticking point in the house is not the length of the deal because everyone wants a long term deal, it's the tax increases.
Why this goes to 9 hours to midnight, to force something is a thought to ponder.
They must pass the bill, so that they can find out what is in it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Any analysis of the Republicans that does not recognize and incorporate reductions in the National Government spending is flawed and missing depth.

Reduction in Government spending is what the Tea Party elected Representatives are all about.

They see the "shutting down" of the National Government as probably a good thing.

Just the way I see it

oldngray

nowhere special
Rank-and-file members of Congress would all see a $900 bump next year -- up from $174,000. Congressional leaders will receive a slightly higher raise, with the House speaker receiving a $1,100 salary increase to $224,600. The top two Senate leaders will see pay rise $1,000, to $194,400.

a reward for their hard work :P

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't see what all the fuss is about? Why don't THEY just stop spending so much FREAKIN money! And taxing any one tax bracket, or all of them for that matter, WILL NOT put a dent in their spending!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't see what all the fuss is about? Why don't THEY just stop spending so much FREAKIN money! And taxing any one tax bracket, or all of them for that matter, WILL NOT put a dent in their spending!
This pres. and this senate won't even consider the cutting spending part.