The Flu and other Funk that is out there.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I had to take the day off today to stay with my 7 & 8 year olds who've come down with some sort of head cold/respiratory funk. They're both running 102+ temps as well. Anybody else out there sick or have sick loved ones? My Wife told me that someone in her school has the H1N1. Is it just a matter of time before we all get this?:sick::dissapointed:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not everyone will get H1N1. Definitely take precautions......wash hands all the time, get flu shot, avoid crowds if possible, sneeze or cough into arm and not into hands.....all the usual stuff.

AND, if you do get sick, stay home !!

Because of my compromised immune system, I have followed these rules and have managed to avoid even a cold for an entire year.

I already got a regular flu shot, but I'm still tossing around the info on the swine flu and don't know if I'll get that one or not.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well according to the WHO & the CDC is its the 1918 flu again, they think 1000's will die. And our government is counting on it.
In my state of Massachusetts they have already passed a law that lets the public health officer decide if one can be imprisoned if they think someone has H1N1.
There are stories around that our government already has "camps" set up to hold anyone who refuses to get the " cure ".
Honestly anyone over the age of thirty will be fine, it mostly hits the very young who have not been exposed to a other strains of the flu.
I plan on getting the regular flu shot, but not the H1N1. I'll wait to see if the reports are true that taking the shot is more harmful than not.

klein

Für Meno :)
Like I said berfore, the southern Hemisphere (Australia, NZ, South America) got along well, without the H1N1 shot (wasn't available).
And actually, didn't even have a death.

It's just the media making things worse then it is, once again.

wkmac

Like I said berfore, the southern Hemisphere (Australia, NZ, South America) got along well, without the H1N1 shot (wasn't available).
And actually, didn't even have a death.

It's just the media making things worse then it is, once again.

Good points Klein. Oddly enough I read this earlier today about the H1N1 Flu vaccine and I don't advocate one way or the other (it's a personal choice) I myself have choosen not to avail myself the vaccine. I won't suggest that I will not get sick or that there is no risk but I have taken a regimine of vitamins to boost my immune system.

Good multi
6000 mg of C daily spread out over the day
Vit E and Vit D (as much from natural sunshine as I can)
Probiotics (80% of immune system in digestive tract)
Fish Oil (Omega 3) for the ole' ticker

I don't suggest this to be the perfect cure nor even to be a cure. The real idea is to build myself up so that if I'm exposed I'll limit the sickness or in the best case, not get it at all.

Also I like garlic so I'm a bit heavy with it in foods for it's natural antibiotic properties along with honey. I use honey for sweetner over sugar but different honey has different taste. I prefer Clover honey myself. I'm a big fan of honey as I use to suffer from bad allergies. Old doctor years ago told my mom to keep me away from sugar as best she could and find local honey and give it to me. Spring and summers since then and now are clear as bell and very enjoyable. Kill a bee around me and I'm stomping your arse!
:happy-very:

BTW: (and Klein this may limit you on this approach) this is another reason I pretty much abstain from alcohol as alcohol depletes many vitamins and minerals from the body. It's a personal choice so I understand that but it is something to consider.

klein

Für Meno :)
Good points Klein. Oddly enough I read this earlier today about the H1N1 Flu vaccine and I don't advocate one way or the other (it's a personal choice) I myself have choosen not to avail myself the vaccine. I won't suggest that I will not get sick or that there is no risk but I have taken a regimine of vitamins to boost my immune system.

Good multi
6000 mg of C daily spread out over the day
Vit E and Vit D (as much from natural sunshine as I can)
Probiotics (80% of immune system in digestive tract)
Fish Oil (Omega 3) for the ole' ticker

I don't suggest this to be the perfect cure nor even to be a cure. The real idea is to build myself up so that if I'm exposed I'll limit the sickness or in the best case, not get it at all.

Also I like garlic so I'm a bit heavy with it in foods for it's natural antibiotic properties along with honey. I use honey for sweetner over sugar but different honey has different taste. I prefer Clover honey myself. I'm a big fan of honey as I use to suffer from bad allergies. Old doctor years ago told my mom to keep me away from sugar as best she could and find local honey and give it to me. Spring and summers since then and now are clear as bell and very enjoyable. Kill a bee around me and I'm stomping your arse!
:happy-very:

BTW: (and Klein this may limit you on this approach) this is another reason I pretty much abstain from alcohol as alcohol depletes many vitamins and minerals from the body. It's a personal choice so I understand that but it is something to consider.

Honey is the 4th largerest Industry in Alberta.
I even had a beefarm on my route. You could buy fresh honey from.
But, just like all across the world, for some reason bees are dying. They think they have some sort of a virus.
It's worrysum.
Yes, you don't kill a bee !

Good you live a heathly lifestyle.
I don't use sugar either (can't anymore).
And we have an all natural yoghurt here, with probitics, sweetend with honey. Made from Astro Dairies.
I buy it all the time.

Can't eat fish (allergic to seafood).
But do use mostly olive oil.

They don't even test for H1N1 flu here anymore.
It's $100 a test.
They figure flu is flu. Why waste money testing for it.
Just like any other flu, it does go away in a few days.

I'm not too keen on vitamin pills. I try to consume the real stuff. Like 100% orangejuice (not from concentrate). Fresh veggies with every meal,
And even V8 plus juices.
And, I love my dairy products.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Boston: People Injected With H1N1 Vaccine Will be Issued Bracelets with Tracking Codes

by DefendUSx September 16, 2009 15:10 Gee, i wonder if the Governor of MA isn't a good friend of Obama's.
via cryptogon

Boston launches flu shot tracking
City to pinpoint areas of low rates of vaccination
By Stephen Smith
Globe Staff / November 21, 2008

+ Using technology originally developed for mass disasters, Boston disease trackers are embarking on a novel experiment - one of the first in the country - aimed at eventually creating a citywide registry of everyone who has had a flu vaccination.

The resulting vaccination map would allow swift intervention in neighborhoods left vulnerable to the fast-moving respiratory illness.

The trial starts this afternoon, when several hundred people are expected to queue up for immunizations at the headquarters of the Boston Public Health Commission. Each of them will get a bracelet printed with a unique identifier code. Information about the vaccine's recipients, and the shot, will be entered into handheld devices similar to those used by delivery truck drivers