The Ghetto

MethodsMan

Here the ONLY thing better about the ghettos compared to the "hillbilly routes" is that the ghettos are all paved.

I dunno anytime I go down a long private access road out in the sticks, I always fear that the crazy cousin crammer is gonna pull out a shotgun at the first sign of life heading towards their shack. Too many wacked out Vietnam vets and loose dogs for my tastes.

I can't count the number of times I've been out cold and walked off a long driveway to have to run back to the package car after I see a loose dog running towards me.

MAKAVELI

Mine has been run by dems for 50 yrs, as has detroit. Dont know if there is a correlation, but Im thinking there might be........
Like I said, most major cities are run by democrats. The highest crime rates are usually in the highest density areas of the country. Not in the Alabama hills. There are many cities that are run by democrats that also have lower crime rates. So the correlation of crime and the democratic party has no merit. Oklahoma City was number 9 on the list last year and Oklahoma City is republican. So what's up with that?

JL 0513

I hope that suit can take a bomb. You do know there aren't very many republican run major cities. It's hilarious that republicans are so quick to point out political affiliation as to the reason to violence in our inner cities. Try educating yourselves on the actual reasons.

That's the point. It's why most big cities have the problems they have. And why most of them are broke.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Like I said, most major cities are run by democrats. The highest crime rates are usually in the highest density areas of the country. Not in the Alabama hills. There are many cities that are run by democrats that also have lower crime rates. So the correlation of crime and the democratic party has no merit. Oklahoma City was number 9 on the list last year and Oklahoma City is republican. So what's up with that?
the southern sector still has manners? Im not in a peeing match with you. Ok Oklahoma city, what list are you using>

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Been doing the ghetto for 10 years now.

Some tips:

1. Be cool to everyone. Do not ever get an attitude with someone, because the entire neighborhood will hear about it eventually.

2. Every other house has some kind of vicious dog.

3. Mind your own business. You'll notice shady crap going on around you all the time. Which brings me to my 4th point...

4. Buy a pair of dark sunglasses and wear them whenever possible. The point here is to be able to be observant of others for your own safety.

Most of these people are decent and hardworking. Others are a product of their raising. Stay long enough and you'll become an accepted part of the neighborhood and you'll never have anything to worry about.

I have old folks (lifers as I call them) that I could talk to all day and I have customers that have been locked up for all kinds of things. One guy I delivered to several times (not on my area, next to it) was indicted on a murder charge last week. Probably won't see him for a while.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That's the point. It's why most big cities have the problems they have. And why most of them are broke.
yes but their food stamp card come through us when they lose them, and they are waiting at the door...........their medicine, and diapers, I cant believe so many people wear diapers, and how are those disposed of, which brings another thought, isnt that hazardous waste? Even the kids diapers as they are already somehow marked as disabled. Thier phones, wheels and tires, I could go on, but I wont.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The backwoods hillbilly routes cause more concern to me than the 'ghetto' ones.
I know everyone on my backwoods hillbilly route. Unlike the ghetto, there isnt any place for would-be muggers to hang out and look inconspicuous while waiting for me to return to the truck. Someone who wanted to rob me would pretty much have to follow me around for a few miles in a car in order to find a secluded enough spot to hold me up. My biggest worry at this point is the people who are growing large quantities of marijuana. There are at least 10 grow operations on my route that I am aware of, they are prime targets for robbery, and anytime I am walking up a long driveway after dark and can smell dope growing I worry that some paranoid pot farmer will think I'm sneaking up there to rip off his crop and wind up putting a load of 00 buckshot into my ass.

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
IMO there is more $ in the ghettos than in a richer area. I have found 50 and 100 dollar bills blowing down the street, and I grab every one

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And the 50k Caddy
....parked in front of the rusted out "mobile home"...cuz we be on welfare yo!
ghetto-low-pants-black-guys-thug-1.jpg

Future

Victory Ride
:happy2:In general it is pretty amazing that these people dont work and have alot . I have a pretty extreme ghetto on my route made up of all races from Russian to Caly surfer. The one thing i do notice is that the people in this neighborhood are happy and treat me good. I dont know what they do in there private life, but they make me feel good to go 2 work everyday.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
:happy2:In general it is pretty amazing that these people dont work and have alot . I have a pretty extreme ghetto on my route made up of all races from Russian to Caly surfer. The one thing i do notice is that the people in this neighborhood are happy and treat me good. I dont know what they do in there private life, but they make me feel good to go 2 work everyday.

it does make you appreciate the life you have. Imagine never having grown up with someone who had a job, or knowing anyone that ever had a job. Or even knowing whatt a job is.

Z

ZQXC

I know everyone on my backwoods hillbilly route. Unlike the ghetto, there isnt any place for would-be muggers to hang out and look inconspicuous while waiting for me to return to the truck. Someone who wanted to rob me would pretty much have to follow me around for a few miles in a car in order to find a secluded enough spot to hold me up. My biggest worry at this point is the people who are growing large quantities of marijuana. There are at least 10 grow operations on my route that I am aware of, they are prime targets for robbery, and anytime I am walking up a long driveway after dark and can smell dope growing I worry that some paranoid pot farmer will think I'm sneaking up there to rip off his crop and wind up putting a load of 00 buckshot into my ass.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Whistle the same tune every time / Something addictive like "It's a Small World After All"

oldngray

nowhere special
it does make you appreciate the life you have. Imagine never having grown up with someone who had a job, or knowing anyone that ever had a job. Or even knowing whatt a job is.

And for many of those people they are more likely to end up in jail or dead than working at a job. You can blame society or racism or any other excuse but it all boils down to the home (or lack of) where they should have been learned responsibility and the consequences of actions but didn't.