the good things about brown

ups1990

I was at Walgreens on Monday and picked up 6 prescriptions for my son, all together it cost me $25 out of pocket, $25 thats it. The guy in front of me spent $180 on 1. I added up the prices for my sons presciptions and it was over $750 if I didnt have insurance.
Good point Red. It evens out I guess. You know when you're at the grocery store, the person in front pays with all food stamps and other Gov. food vouchers while one pays $100 cash for only a few items like meat(the day of Earth Day fair) and such.

This scenario is almost a needle in that hay stack!!!! Everything else about this place is sliding right into the toilet.. Just like the rest of the crooks on Wall Street!!!! We are hand in hand with Goldman Sachs!!! After 17 years, I can honestly say that I'm embarrased where at one time was extremely proud. On one hand I can count in 17 yrs. I sold stock. The stock hit 67 and I sold 75 % and reinvested. Trust none of the pond skum in Atlanta. It's all about me and 'friend' everybody else.. You didn't see any of these rats give up any of their high paying salaries and bonuses in the millions for the cause when the economic crunch started in 2007.... It is all public information, you can look this information up.. It was all the worker bees!!!! Then you watch people being walked out of buildings that contributed big time.. disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Founders of this once fine company are rolling over in their graves.... Burn all Legacy books and policy books!!! They are no longer worth the paper they are printed on...

SWORDFISH

This scenario is almost a needle in that hay stack!!!! Everything else about this place is sliding right into the toilet.. Just like the rest of the crooks on Wall Street!!!! We are hand in hand with Goldman Sachs!!! After 17 years, I can honestly say that I'm embarrased where at one time was extremely proud. On one hand I can count in 17 yrs. I sold stock. The stock hit 67 and I sold 75 % and reinvested. Trust none of the pond skum in Atlanta. It's all about me and 'friend' everybody else.. You didn't see any of these rats give up any of their high paying salaries and bonuses in the millions for the cause when the economic crunch started in 2007.... It is all public information, you can look this information up.. It was all the worker bees!!!! Then you watch people being walked out of buildings that contributed big time.. disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Founders of this once fine company are rolling over in their graves.... Burn all Legacy books and policy books!!! They are no longer worth the paper they are printed on...

Jim Casey defintely didnt have in mind what is going on now when he started UPS. I agree w/ this to a degree. Not so much w/ the last couple sentences but the rest.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Isn't the title of this thread, The Good Things about Brown?

I like that hardly anybody recognizes me when not in uniform, especially since I live near and shop on my route area. I also like that when the mngr of a restaurant does recognize me, he/she usually gives me Grade A service and sometimes even a discount, because I am the UPS guy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!

I think it's because most of them don't have to sell there soul but that's my guess. There are some people in management that I like but there few and far between they don't last very long

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I think it's because most of them don't have to sell there soul but that's my guess. There are some people in management that I like but there few and far between they don't last very long
=======407 you should quit since you are so unhappy----- really man you only complain

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
=======407 you should quit since you are so unhappy----- really man you only complain
And what about this poster below? Should everyone that complains just throw in the towel?

Here's another good thing about Brown. At least it's not black or white. Black would be way too hot and white would be dirty all the time. Nice choice Mr. Casey, RIP.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
yeah but our checks sure are

satellitedriver

Wow, that sounds like a really small town, I take it that there are no men left and no optometrist. lol
The ladies do need an eye checkup.:happy2:
Sadly, you are correct about the "no men left" comment.
Rarely do I meet a male that is not an over grown boy with toys.
My route covers about 600 square miles, not just one small town.
Each of those rare, sweet moments of human touch happened at least 20 miles apart, and I cherish them.

D

Dis-organized Labor

You mean, on your side of the planet.:happy2: DoL, where ya been?

Steve,
I was on a sabbatical at the UPSSOCKS Motivational Training Seminar (UMTS which replaced HSBTS) that just concluded at San Quentin. I feel so refreshed and ready to engage with the 2727 guys once again.
You know, it's funny how much I have been overlooking and how "alive" I feel after this "Unemotional Boot Camp".
Modules such as the "I'm telling you this because we're friends" and "I want to let you know what's going on" and especially the "Hey, I'm on your side" were so valuable. I can't wait to get back in the operation and try them out.
Now quit wasting my time and get back to work!!! NOW!!!

Just Kidding!