the good things about brown

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The best thing about brown is being retired from brown....being able to do what you what to do, when you want to do it, not having to do it around your work schedule and having a comfortable pension to be able to do it.

The best thing about brown is being retired from brown....being able to do what you what to do, when you want to do it, not having to do it around your work schedule and having a comfortable pension to be able to do it.

The lifestyle you live when you retire depends on the amount of investing you did along the way! :happy2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The lifestyle you live when you retire depends on the amount of investing you did along the way! :happy2:

Not the amount of investing but the type of investment. I've dumped plenty into the market the last 20 years and comfortable retirement doesn't seem to be getting any closer.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When it's 95 degrees and 95% humidity and I'm dripping sweat, pushing a handcart loaded with about 200lbs of copy paper through the front door of an office building and as I enter the lobby I feel the arctic blast of the air conditioning. Ahhhh. Sometimes I just stand there for a minute with my eyes closed, letting the cold air wash over me and feeling the sweat evaporate from my body. I love that, it never gets old :happy2:

When it's 95 degrees and 95% humidity and I'm dripping sweat, pushing a handcart loaded with about 200lbs of copy paper through the front door of an office building and as I enter the lobby I feel the arctic blast of the air conditioning. Ahhhh. Sometimes I just stand there for a minute with my eyes closed, letting the cold air wash over me and feeling the sweat evaporate from my body. I love that, it never gets old :happy2:

200lbs? That's only like 4 boxes...I know you can handle more than that.

fxdwg

Long Time Member

Then back out to the package car and a big chug of ice water:peaceful:

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
The day goes by quickly, I like that a lot. I've had jobs where time seemed to drag and they suck.
You work by yourself, I see my boss once a day for maybe 2-3 minutes.
It's physical, which is another plus for me.
You finish your work every day, you don't take anything home with you and you get weekends off.

anyone with PAS doesnt work alone anymore