The Gospel of Ground

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It seems to me that there are an awful lot of Elmer Gantry-types on the site now espousing the false gospel of Ground. Unfortunately, there might be a few sheep ready for fleecing on here. My BS Meter has been pegged for a few weeks, but I've held my tongue until now. Too many, too fast to be legit. And too much anti-union baiting and pro-Ground garbage to be anything but from Memphis.

Sure, they'll profess that they're just "contractors". No way.

vantexan

It seems to me that there are an awful lot of Elmer Gantry-types on the site now espousing the false gospel of Ground. Unfortunately, there might be a few sheep ready for fleecing on here. My BS Meter has been pegged for a few weeks, but I've held my tongue until now. Too many, too fast to be legit. And too much anti-union baiting and pro-Ground garbage to be anything but from Memphis.

​Preach on Brother MFE! Heal this paycheck!

bbsam

Staff member

Enlightened me. Who are we?

HomeDelivery

i'm thinking of going orange or brown... but the green contractors in my area are flexible with my schedule for now.

this week, i'm starting later due to some family issues & they'll accommodate my later start time by lightening my load and setting up my parcels in order for me to scan and load them ASAP.

​like someone in another thread said, this is the EASIEST opco to work in

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
i'm thinking of going orange or brown... but the green contractors in my area are flexible with my schedule for now.

this week, i'm starting later due to some family issues & they'll accommodate my later start time by lightening my load and setting up my parcels in order for me to scan and load them ASAP.

​like someone in another thread said, this is the EASIEST opco to work in

Well Dickey,
If you need all sorts of "special treatment" due to family issues, don't bother joining team orange.
Suck it up buttercup.

DontThrowPackages

I know they're on this site. I know that i read here, how drivers are describing their feeling towards issues, are more times than not address within weeks of the posts. Its as if the heads read post, think of how to spin it, and we hear it from our managers. We had a manager tell us he will be looking at the list to see who didn't take the SFA. How would he know unless he/heads got the info from here?? Other things have come up but I rather not comment.

DontThrowPackages

I know they're on this site. I know what i read here, how drivers are describing their feeling towards issues, are more times than not address within weeks of the posts by management. Its as if the heads read post, think of how to spin it, and we hear it from our managers. We had a manager tell us he will be looking at the list to see who didn't take the SFA. How would he know unless he/heads got the info from here?? Other things have come up but I rather not comment.

hypo hanna

I know they're on this site. I know what i read here, how drivers are describing their feeling towards issues, are more times than not address within weeks of the posts by management. Its as if the heads read post, think of how to spin it, and we hear it from our managers. We had a manager tell us he will be looking at the list to see who didn't take the SFA. How would he know unless he/heads got the info from here?? Other things have come up but I rather inot comment.

But wait, how can they look at a list and know you didn't take the SFA if its totally anonymous?

HomeDelivery

Well Dickey,
If you need all sorts of "special treatment" due to family issues, don't bother joining team orange.
Suck it up buttercup.

and that's only why i'm staying with green until my youngest kid is up and about... i don't need to sacrifice my free time for team orange due to operational needs; the contractors in our area cater to our needs instead

one day i can get to the terminal at 0600-1600, and today was 0830-1630 ~ $125 and $150 respectively

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The only family that Team Orange allows you to have any allegiance to is the notorious FedEx Family....Listen! does anyone else hear that? ....it sounds like the theme from The Godfather

Broke

Agreed

DontThrowPackages

But wait, how can they look at a list and know you didn't take the SFA if its totally anonymous?

Question was raised. Manager said they're checking off names from a roster. If you've taken the SFA, he will put a check by your name. He said they have no way, electronically, to tell who took the SFA. Me, I have my own thoughts on that but I assume the roster will be shown to the SM around the due date.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Your mailbox is full. I wrote you a 30 minute response last night on matters. Well in betwixt my tattoo color change anyway. When you clear it out I will be happy to assure you I aint from Memphis.

MAKAVELI

Question was raised. Manager said they're checking off names from a roster. If you've taken the SFA, he will put a check by your name. He said they have no way, electronically, to tell who took the SFA. Me, I have my own thoughts on that but I assume the roster will be shown to the SM around the due date.
Bs. If it was truly anonymous, you wouldn't have to log on with your employee number. Plain and simple. The fact is they are more upset if you don't take it then if you were to slam them. It's all about fear and control. They want those who believe in the sfa to think management is listening to their concerns and making changes. And those of us that dont, they want us to be in fear that if we don't take it, we will be targeted. My work speaks for myself. If they feel they need to make an example, then I'm up to it.