The gravy train is about over

rod

Retired 22 years
I have enjoyed approximately 42 years of not having to worry about medical care and prescription cost (something that very very few workers in the USA can say now days). Thank you Teamsters Union. Well that gravy train comes to a screeching hault at the end of Feb next year. Its Medicare time. I'm just starting to study up on what I have to look forward to and its scary. Its really confusing. Does anyone out there have any helpful hints or tips for me about what to look for in supplemental insurance? Where do I apply for Medicare? (shows you how dumb I am concerning this subject.) I'm really not looking forward to this "phase' of my life and may have to revert bact to another "second childhood".

over9five

Staff member
I would suggest getting a divorce and marrying some hot, young chick who now works at UPS. She can add you as her spouse and you lose nothing!

Sorry Rod, I have no REAL idea.....

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
ups_girls_uniform.jpg
ups_girls_uniform.jpg

CaliforniaPaul

I have enjoyed approximately 42 years of not having to worry about medical care and prescription cost (something that very very few workers in the USA can say now days). Thank you Teamsters Union. Well that gravy train comes to a screeching hault at the end of Feb next year. Its Medicare time. I'm just starting to study up on what I have to look forward to and its scary. Its really confusing. Does anyone out there have any helpful hints or tips for me about what to look for in supplemental insurance? Where do I apply for Medicare? (shows you how dumb I am concerning this subject.) I'm really not looking forward to this "phase' of my life and may have to revert bact to another "second childhood".

You can apply for Medicare online within 3 months of your birthday, very simple process. There are a gazillion supplemental plans and if you check with AARP or other retirement programs they may help, It all depends of what your costs are now for medical. If you are on any medications you should try to have a 2+ month supply on hand if you need to change prescription services. Part "D", the drug program, is pretty much mandatory. My wife and I pay $1006 per quarter for supplement insurance, pricey but we have not had any out of pocket payments as of yet. Hope this helps a little, good luck! Paul

rod

Retired 22 years
I would suggest getting a divorce and marrying some hot, young chick who now works at UPS. She can add you as her spouse and you lose nothing!

Sorry Rod, I have no REAL idea.....

If I move to Utah can I keep the wife I have now and get another one who works at UPS?

rod

Retired 22 years
You can apply for Medicare online within 3 months of your birthday, very simple process. There are a gazillion supplemental plans and if you check with AARP or other retirement programs they may help, It all depends of what your costs are now for medical. If you are on any medications you should try to have a 2+ month supply on hand if you need to change prescription services. Part "D", the drug program, is pretty much mandatory. My wife and I pay $1006 per quarter for supplement insurance, pricey but we have not had any out of pocket payments as of yet. Hope this helps a little, good luck! Paul

thanks