The great thing that happen to you in your UPS career

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Watching the supervisor who threatened to fire me for failing to "run scratch" get walked out the door by security 8 months before he was eligible to retire with medical benefits.

They shoot their wounded, eat their young, and throw their old and weak to the wolves.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This may not be great but it is special to me. I can remember a Peak many years ago when I had one of those motorized Jeeps for a young boy to deliver. As I backed in to the driveway I could see the little boy peeking through the curtains. I walked up to the door and asked his mother to make sure he didn't see me as I put the Jeep in to the garage. Christmas morning came and the little boy came down the stairs to see his brand new Jeep parked right in front of the Christmas tree. "Merry Christmas, son".

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I came across a couple walking down a rural, gravel road on my route. They had been walking their dog and dropped the leash and the dog had run off, so they were hiking the area and calling for their dog. They told me what the dog looked like and I promised to keep an eye out for it.

3 days went by and I kept seeing this couple hiking around a different area of the route, calling out for their missing dog. They were pretty despondent by that point, and had come to the conclusion that their dog had either been hit by a car or had gotten its leash tangled in the bushes and had choked or died of heat stroke or thirst (it was August and in the upper 90's).

The next day I delivered to a guy who lived in the area....and saw the dog tied up to his garage!! It looked healthy; the customer told me that the dog had wandered onto his property a couple of days earlier with no collar, so he fed it and gave it some water and was trying to talk his wife into letting him keep it. I told him that I had passed by the couple about 30 minutes earlier and had a rough idea of where they would be looking, so we loaded the dog in the back of the package car and off I went.

My guess was correct.. I found the couple walking by the side of the road a few miles away. I pulled up next to them, stopped, opened the BH door, and "delivered" their missing dog to them. They cried. I cried. The dog slobbered and licked everybody. Somebody could have made a great Hallmark card or a TV commercial out of the deal if they would have been there with a camcorder.