The gym and workouts..help

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I thoght that was a "her" with a dress. What exactly is it? I'm all confused now....
All I have to say is, don't get built up like "her".:sick:

Hey, i just read some cool fitness stuff in a magazine. fitnessmagazine.com you should find some interesting stuff in there. Are you trying to lose weight? Tone? Get stronger? Running? Let me know, I'm into all of that stuff.

fethrs

My basic goal is just to tighten up a bit. I have a bad knee and I want to strengthen it a bit. When I'm in better shape I will feel better all around, physically and emotionally. I'm not trying to become a "hot" chick (though it would be nice lol) I just want to get in shape. Still in the learning process at the gym, trying to work out a routine/program that I like.
Not much inro running cus of the knee, get stronger definitely, and tone too. I plan on getting comfortable using the machines then move on to the free weights. I can't wait to do that!

Dagoof

My basic goal is just to tighten up a bit. I have a bad knee and I want to strengthen it a bit. When I'm in better shape I will feel better all around, physically and emotionally. I'm not trying to become a "hot" chick (though it would be nice lol) I just want to get in shape. Still in the learning process at the gym, trying to work out a routine/program that I like.
Not much inro running cus of the knee, get stronger definitely, and tone too. I plan on getting comfortable using the machines then move on to the free weights. I can't wait to do that!

I just had surgery on my knee in sept. The sit down bike seems do be the best for me. As far as lifting I wouldnt do a lot of Squats or leg press not too good on the knees if they are already messed. Just start out really light to mostly get used to the motions. Then gradually add a little at a time. Also watch how others do things you might learn a little.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Hey fethrs, when I started at the gym, I started by walking on the treadmill and doing calisthenics, (exercise without weights). After 3 months of picking up the pace on the treadmill and these exercises, I started with free weights. As with anything, the faster you go, the quicker the chance of injury, so take it slow. Let your body get used to the movements and you'll be in great shape before you know it.

It's all in the repetition. As for you knee, never let your knee go over your toes in any exercise movement, and you should be fine. If anything hurts when doing an exercise, you've gone too far. I'm an exercise nut, but I try to be really safe. Let us know how you're coming along.

Maybe "she" has, but I haven't. I'm not a man (last time I checked I wasn't):surprised:
LOL, I haven't checked "yet", but I believe you.:wink2:

fethrs

Hey Stug, so far so good. Right now I'm using the stationary bike and some of the machines and just taking it easy. The pool is almost ready and I can't wait to dive into that and start swimming too. This morning I had zero energy but went anyway and I had a good short workout, now I'm home and I'm trying to stay away from the beers and Boones Farm:surprised: It's all good though! Thanks for the tip about the toes, I can remember that! :peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
Hey Stug, so far so good. Right now I'm using the stationary bike and some of the machines and just taking it easy. The pool is almost ready and I can't wait to dive into that and start swimming too. This morning I had zero energy but went anyway and I had a good short workout, now I'm home and I'm trying to stay away from the beers and Boones Farm:surprised: It's all good though! Thanks for the tip about the toes, I can remember that! :peaceful:

Boones Farm!!!-- they still make that stuff? I drank enough of that back in the 70's to float a battleship---------at least I think I did:peaceful:

iowa boy

Boones Farm!!!-- they still make that stuff? I drank enough of that back in the 70's to float a battleship---------at least I think I did:peaceful:

Rod, I'm bettin' you drank enough of that stuff to float your own little battleship, much to your wife's dismay:happy-very:

fethrs

Yes, they still make it and I still drink it, though not enough to float a battleship, more like a dinghy...lol:happy2: I like it, it's just koolaid with a kick.