The Hit on Hoffa

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by worldwide, Jul 30, 2014.

1. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

2. Wow. That was defiantly a different time.

3. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

This isn't really news, but "I Heard You Paint Houses" (written by Charles Brandt, but essentially the memoirs of Sheeran) is probably as close as we're going to get to knowing what happened considering who's still left alive that might have been involved.

In case you don't want to read the book (which I highly recommend, jam packed with Teamster history) History Detectives did a special recently centered around the book: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/who-killed-jimmy-hoffa/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Watched it on tv last night. Very interesting and got a different perspective on the political and mob culture right before he went missing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Did it involve the evil of teamcare?

Sent using BrownCafe App

6. hyena

hyena I shut down BC

I heard the movie is supposed to be coming out. I think joe Pesci and Robert Deniro are supposed to be in it.

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I also watched the History Detective episode about the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. Really interesting but who is still alive to prosecute after this many years?

8. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

They Kennedys killed Hoffa.

9. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

ummmmmm JFK died in 63 and RFK died in 68.....Hoffa in 75

Hope you meant Ted Kennedy ;)

10. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I actually had Robert Kennedy in mind but when I said "Kennedys" it was in plural form to signify that it was someone of, or connected to, the Kennedy family. They certainly had a history.

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Teddy was the idiot brother/town drunk of the family. Its unlikely he would have been involved with Hoffa but it is very possible other members of the Kennedy clan had some connection to his "disappearance".