The Horror/Comedy that is * ...

MaceFremonti

For those of you who endure driving out of the * building this thread is for you!I'll start....Building Manager decides at 8:30 (drivers start time) that multiple routes need to be cut. So what routes get cut? Bidded, bulked out, commercial routes with 20+ pickups that havn't EVER been broken out! Where do they get cut to? The bulked out, commercial routes right next door....NDAs and all.THEN about 3:00 someone notices that no one is covering the pickups from the cut routes so who gets to cover the pickups? The same drivers who were slammed with the deliveries!Such a * day after day.BTW Obviously late NDAs, late Savers, missed commits and closed pickups......

Last edited by a moderator:

Re-Raise

Who cares about all that , as long as they hit their stops per car number it is all good.

Providing a quality service to the customers just isn't that important. We will just pick their packages up tomorrow...if they are still using us.

TheDick

For those of you who endure driving out of the * building this thread is for you!I'll start....Building Manager decides at 8:30 (drivers start time) that multiple routes need to be cut. So what routes get cut? Bidded, bulked out, commercial routes with 20+ pickups that havn't EVER been broken out! Where do they get cut to? The bulked out, commercial routes right next door....NDAs and all.THEN about 3:00 someone notices that no one is covering the pickups from the cut routes so who gets to cover the pickups? The same drivers who were slammed with the deliveries!Such a * day after day.BTW Obviously late NDAs, late Savers, missed commits and closed pickups......

WOW r we from the same center? We seem to have a huge stack of late air and express every monday too!
Just got threatened by a pick-up that theyre gonna quit us for the third time for serv failures on air pick up,
I tell the OMS to tell center mgr and BD guy, did she do it. Nope.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Im not sure about any of you but I am really worried about the state of this company in the " real world", if you know what I mean...not the ups fantasy world. You read about all of these things happening just to hit a number but you have to clean up the mess later on while spending more than you originally would if the cars would just have stayed in. All of these customers are getting burned by ups and I really wonder if they care. There are areas of ups that are not happy with the decisions that high level operations personel are making including safety and BD. It makes it extremely hard to sell our services back from customers that have left us on customer service issues.

Brownsfan

I think UPS is using the netflix business approach to streamline their business. If UPS can lose enough customers, then they would have to fire drivers to cover the loss. So now UPS is smaller has a lower overhead and now they can focus on the real money maker, UPS business deliveries. I can see them coming out saying there sorry and that they will resurrect this great company from the wreak it has become.

Well in order to do that we need to lose our union status, so we can be more efficient and more profitable like the old days. So with the union gone they can make top wage $15 dollars an hour. Now, With the money saved in the form operating cost they then start a residential only company like fed ex. This new service would deliver almost 2oo stops a day, in the right area and now even the residential volume is making money.

The last thing on there list will be bringing in the drivers to load their own routes therefore eliminating all part time positions as well as all the part time money spent on healthcare and the like.

I know it sounds crazy, but never, ever, ever doubt the lows these greedy bast***s will go to make or save a buck

brownman15

WOW r we from the same center? We seem to have a huge stack of late air and express every monday too!
Just got threatened by a pick-up that theyre gonna quit us for the third time for serv failures on air pick up,
I tell the OMS to tell center mgr and BD guy, did she do it. Nope.

its already happened in our center we have lost a few big pu accounts because they were missed or picked up late because routes are broken out

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is inappropriate and unprofessional for a driver to bad-mouth his management or the company he works for in front of a customer.

The problem I am having....is that I am simply running out of lame excuses and apologies and explanations for the manner in which I am dispatched and the service that I am ultimately able to provide to those customers.

How can we be expected to act professionally when we are managed so unprofessionally?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
See conspiricy theory thread. Take us down to nothing, claim we are on the cusp of going under, union caves in to concessions, back we come with better prices and service.

MaceFremonti

....and as expected in the office this morning for not having made all 15 pickups from the cut route within 15 minutes of their pickup times...sigh...it never ends......

SpoolEmUp

I'm just a new casual, but I'm constantly 'getting the business' from customers over bad service/their packages look like someone drove over them, etc.

Today, I had to deliver to a business where their packages were crushed with the contents dirty and hanging out. I usually make an excuse, but one box had boot footprints all over it.

Kinda sucks because I'm the one that has to deal with it. One business is slowly phasing us out. I see more and more fed ex stuff there every week it seems. I tell my manager and he treats it like I'm joking.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I'm just a new casual, but I'm constantly 'getting the business' from customers over bad service/their packages look like someone drove over them, etc.

Today, I had to deliver to a business where their packages were crushed with the contents dirty and hanging out. I usually make an excuse, but one box had boot footprints all over it.

Kinda sucks because I'm the one that has to deal with it. One business is slowly phasing us out. I see more and more fed ex stuff there every week it seems. I tell my manager and he treats it like I'm joking.

If a box looks beat to hell or crushed beyond repair I won't deliver it. I bring it back for a re-pack. It's amazing how they want us to bring in sales leads yet we aren't allowed to properly service the customers we already have. I find it harder and harder each day to try and sell a customer on our service as I'm delivering a business at 3pm and their scheduled pickup is 3:05. There are only so many lame explanations and excuses one came come up with...

When my route was cut recently, I was put on a route I didn't know. Ran it straight by ED. There were 30 more stops than the max, with more than 40 residentials put in front of businesses that close at 5. I missed more than 15 commercial pieces and punched out at 9:30. Many of the customers were pissed off because I showed up with delivery pieces at 4:45 while making the pick up. Oh well.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?

I had one the other day pretty good size re-wraped package, made the stop didnt think twice about it. I mean it was rewraped to it had to be checked and it had to be ok right? WRONG!

It had be soaked though in a leaking trailer. Now what got the customer upset was not that it was damaged, he understands we move millions of packages a day and yep some will get damaged.. But what got him on the phone to UPS was the fact we knew it was ruined and just sent it out to him anyway.

Oh by the way I was called into the office and asked why I deliveded a damaged packege.......sigh!

JustTired

free at last.......
But the question is.........

Was the stockholder happy?

That's the only thing that matters these days. And it's not just UPS. It's every publicly held company. You have to think "short-term". In this business environment, "long-term" has become a bad word.