The Hypocrisy of UPS Safety

10 point

That was mean.
No. It wasn't supposed to be anything but a sarcastic joke and a sad commentary on clueless supes and management who only care about themselves.
@HEFFERNAN today I unknowingly delivered to a relative of the driver who fell in that driveway (that has been the topic of all these PCMs in the Northeast) and got the inside info. It's really messed up:

She was a veteran driver and when she fell she broke her leg (Tibia--the big bone below the knee). While most of us would have called 911, she called UPS. Her center left her laying on that snowy/icy driveway for 45 minutes and then instead of immediately taking her to the hospital....THEY TOOK HER BACK TO THE BUILDING TO DO PAPERWORK FOR THREE HOURS before bringing her to get medical attention according to her family member.

We work for jackasses.
There you go Mug.
That's what I'm talking about.

We had a part time worker who hurt her wrist unloading a trailer. Her wrist swelled up and the PDS forced her back to work in the trailer even tho she asked to be taken to get medical attention.

Sarcasm softens the anger.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No. It wasn't supposed to be anything but a sarcastic joke and a sad commentary on clueless supes and management who only care about themselves.

There you go Mug.
That's what I'm talking about.

We had a part time worker who hurt her wrist unloading a trailer. Her wrist swelled up and the PDS forced her back to work in the trailer even tho she asked to be taken to get medical attention.

Sarcasm softens the anger.

I almost put a lol after my reply, because I knew you meant it to be a joke. But I just let it be trying to be sarcastic just as you did. lol.

10 point

I almost put a lol after my reply, because I knew you meant it to be a joke. But I just let it be trying to be sarcastic just as you did. lol.
Yeah.
Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep your sanity.
I soon figured out that if we all had 50 (or less) IQs this job would be more tolerable.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Love having to do the turnaround first on a deadend street, then walking the package across an icy road instead of stepping off onto a bone dry shoveled sidewalk. I get the back first policy. Do it in my personal vehicles. But the 100 foot part of that policy is insane.

It's actually 500'.

Don't care what the magic number is; if I pull away from the stop in a forward gear, I have done what I was supposed to do.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How about pushing your mirrors in? That's a huge end range motion, plus the fact you could get your arm taking off.
We have been told to start delivering out of the drivers side door, if it is only a pkg or two.... That this is the preferred method to save a few steps...talk about an accident or two ready to happen!! And supposedly this is being taught at new Onroad sup classes

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Oh and I forgot driving around at night in a huge truck in an unknown area taking my eyes off the road and pointing a flashlight to see numbers
It's not a great company to work for...we are only here for the money, if they paid us 15 bucks an hour most of us would be out the door... See ya. Let's not sugar coat it....there are only a handful of cool aid drinkers left in mgt and hourly, way less than there use to be.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sounds safe to me.
Yep, if they want us out there in the dark they could give us uniforms that reflected light better than the little strips that are on the jackets and vests that eventually fall off, just like the logos on the jackets that are hanging on by just one little bit... Lol. Spend so much money on crap but can't give us uniforms that aren't crap Chinese made polyester that the crouch blows out on....

Yep, if they want us out there in the dark they could give us uniforms that reflected light better than the little strips that are on the jackets and vests that eventually fall off, just like the logos on the jackets that are hanging on by just one little bit... Lol. Spend so much money on crap but can't give us uniforms that aren't crap Chinese made polyester that the crouch blows out on....
The new uniforms definitely suck.

Or maybe they could get us out if the building a little earlier?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's not a great company to work for...we are only here for the money, if they paid us 15 bucks an hour most of us would be out the door... See ya. Let's not sugar coat it....there are only a handful of cool aid drinkers left in mgt and hourly, way less than there use to be.
I always enjoyed pondering the question ups would ask in the eri survey "would you stay with ups even if there was another job with similar pay and benefits?"...are you fing kidding me... I always put strongly disagree!!! Lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Knowing all off the lifting and bending we do why the hell cant they make the pants and shorts with the extra fabric(gussetted crouch) down below... And Maybe a different fabric for summer wear... It's a joke, especially having to smell a ripe fellow employee after the day is done, the polyester doesn't breathe that well and it sucks the BO up like a sponge.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Yeah , both are probably no go's... But they can spend billions on a cool system called Orion that decides it's a great idea to have me go down a dead end road to make one stop then come through later in the day to deliver a package on the other side of the road ON THE SAME DEAD END ROAD....come on.....really????!!!