The incredible shrinking middle class.

diesel96

Like always you could not be farther from the truth.

My values lie with the Reagan era. An time when it was known by all that government is not a solution to anything, but a problem for everyone. I think social security is a ponzi scheme that should be abolished, and socialized medicine is a program that will come back to haunt us within my lifetime if it is initiated. My facts are just that, facts. As of right now we are running a $9 trillion national debt, but the government has committed itself to $53 trillion in promises over the next 40 years. Now you support candidates and ideas that will increase that exponentially and you think everything will still be ok?

This country still has time to change, these problems can still be fixed. Putting more government intrusion into our lives, letting the government control even more aspets of our lives as the liberals such as yourself suggest is a major disaster waiting to happen.

As Reagan once said, if as individuals we are not capable of governing ourselves, who among us is qualified to govern all of us? The answer is the people themselves should have the control, not the government.

After all, your hero's Reagan and Bush (Sr. and Jr.) and their policies have incurred us the biggest national debts of all time. They did this mostly while enriching their friends in the oil, military and banking businesses. Let's not forget their legacy, we'll be paying for it for years!

Source: Democrats.com

We, the American taxpayers, are outraged by�your efforts to put Ronald Reagan's name and face�on�airports,�government buildings�(including the�Pentagon), national monuments, and coins and bills.
There is one uniquely appropriate monument to Ronald Reagan:�America's national debt.

When Reagan came to office in 1981, the debt accumulated since the founding of the U.S. was $1 trillion. When he left 8 years later, he�tripled the debt to $3 trillion.

This was the inevitable result of massively cutting taxes for the rich and increasing defense spending for weapons we couldn't use, including thousands of nuclear weapons that continue to threaten the survival of humanity.

In 1980, when candidate Reagan claimed he could do both and still balance the budget, he was lying. Even George H. W. Bush saw through it, calling it "Voodoo Economics." But when Bush lost the primary to Reagan and signed on as VP, he converted to "voodoo economics." In his 4 years as President, he added another $1 trillion.

Finally in 1993, Democratic President Bill Clinton and the Democratic Congress in 1993 adopted a fiscally-responsible budget that led to unprecedented surpluses in 1999 and 2000. But this act of fiscal responsibility cost Democrats the House in 1994, after Republicans attacked Democrats for a small increase in taxes on the wealthiest Americans. Still, the Clinton budget led to an 8-year economic boom; when he left office in 2001, he left a projected surplus of $6 trillion!

But after George W. Bush stole the White House in 2001, his first major act was a tax cut of $1.35 trillion for the rich. Predictably, the deficits came roaring back. In only 3 years, Bush has added $1 trillion - with another $5 trillion possible in his second term!

America's national debt is a crushing burden that Reagan-Bush-Bush passed on to those of us paying taxes today, as well as our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

To properly remember this monumental betrayal of America, we urge you to declare our national debt as the "Reagan-Bush-Bush Memorial Debt."

satellitedriver

Well.
to change the subject back to the original topic.
I have tried my best to shrink the number of lower middle class people, by clawing out of it.
My parents started out with nothing. They raised 6 kids while Dad worked 2 jobs and mother worked as a rotating shift nurse.
All my siblings are better off than I am and my net worth is !/2 mil and I am debt free.
30yrs ago my net worth was $200.00.
Never have I relied on a government hand out, nor has anyone in my family.
I've lived through 10 Presidents and have just adapted to the climate, while climbing my way up.
Whoever is in power has very little influence on how I work towards the goal of not being poor again.
A working person works and tries to make the best of it.
PAX

tieguy

Banned
After all, your hero's Reagan and Bush (Sr. and Jr.) and their policies have incurred us the biggest national debts of all time. They did this mostly while enriching their friends in the oil, military and banking businesses. Let's not forget their legacy, we'll be paying for it for years!

Source: Democrats.com

We, the American taxpayers, are outraged by�your efforts to put Ronald Reagan's name and face�on�airports,�government buildings�(including the�Pentagon), national monuments, and coins and bills.
There is one uniquely appropriate monument to Ronald Reagan:�America's national debt.

When Reagan came to office in 1981, the debt accumulated since the founding of the U.S. was $1 trillion. When he left 8 years later, he�tripled the debt to $3 trillion.

This was the inevitable result of massively cutting taxes for the rich and increasing defense spending for weapons we couldn't use, including thousands of nuclear weapons that continue to threaten the survival of humanity.

In 1980, when candidate Reagan claimed he could do both and still balance the budget, he was lying. Even George H. W. Bush saw through it, calling it "Voodoo Economics." But when Bush lost the primary to Reagan and signed on as VP, he converted to "voodoo economics." In his 4 years as President, he added another $1 trillion.

Finally in 1993, Democratic President Bill Clinton and the Democratic Congress in 1993 adopted a fiscally-responsible budget that led to unprecedented surpluses in 1999 and 2000. But this act of fiscal responsibility cost Democrats the House in 1994, after Republicans attacked Democrats for a small increase in taxes on the wealthiest Americans. Still, the Clinton budget led to an 8-year economic boom; when he left office in 2001, he left a projected surplus of $6 trillion!

But after George W. Bush stole the White House in 2001, his first major act was a tax cut of $1.35 trillion for the rich. Predictably, the deficits came roaring back. In only 3 years, Bush has added $1 trillion - with another $5 trillion possible in his second term!

America's national debt is a crushing burden that Reagan-Bush-Bush passed on to those of us paying taxes today, as well as our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

To properly remember this monumental betrayal of America, we urge you to declare our national debt as the "Reagan-Bush-Bush Memorial Debt."

All for it. can we name a brand of cigars after Bill and monica while we are into this naming thing?

diesel96

All for it. can we name a brand of cigars after Bill and monica while we are into this naming thing?

Why not..."The Billmonica" 50 ring gauge torpedo special. Just becareful which end to bite off.:-).....Arkansas filler with a Connecticut wrapper. Available only in Wash DC Afficionado retail outlets.

moreluck

golden ticket member
1z4laoz.jpg