The iPhones are coming

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Purplepackage, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Good thing the pope isn't coming the same weekend..oh wait

2. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

iPope is coming!

3. MondayLates

MondayLates Member

I'll never get the hype behind these. The most enthusiastic Apple fans shell out $700 every year (or two I guess depending on their contract) for a marginally better version of something they already own (this year it's "3d touch")

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

The every year people I don't get at all. At least with the bi-yearly people the cost of the phone is significantly less. Or at least it has been when I've upgraded.

Anyway, I wasn't working last week. Was it really much heavier?

5. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

yes, in my neck of the woods was at least 2x

6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

we delivered 3700 on friday to one place

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My contract ended a few months ago. I was also eligible for an upgrade, which I declined. thus lowering my bill by $15/month.

8. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

We had an extra 1000 pieces of inbound friday which is a lot for a station my size.

My favorite was i delivered a phone to house that had a notice that their water was getting shut off...good thing you got that new iPhone though

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  9. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

I pay less than 80/month for two unlimited smartphones...(not iphones) I'm an apple fan, I have 5macs at home, ipad(gift) and original ipod touch and original 30gb ipod.... I have no desire to have a iphone, I've got a few android phones and honestly prefer the android interface so much more than ios

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I will never understand the obsession with iPhone and people's willingness to overpay for their products.

I had a buddy rave about his iPhone back when the iPhone was first able to start taking panoramic pictures. I still remember him coming over to my house and showing me how amazing his phone was. I sat there and smiled then took out my two year old (at the time) Samsung Galaxy S2X and started taking a panoramic picture. I believe I said "welcome to 2011".

He doesn't brag about how amazing Apple is as much anymore. :lol:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I tell people "as soon as you sign for this, you know it's out of date, right?"

12. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Pretty much a non-event around here for a change. :w00t: