The IT department at a UPS facility

deemoni

You had me at "Hello World!"
Hey, I've been working as an unloader/loader since March of 08. I've been going to school at College of DuPage (in Illinois) during the majority of the time I've been working at UPS. I was just wondering (since somebody at my work brought it up to me) if there is a way I can get transferred to the IT department at my facility (Addison,IL) and still keep the same benefits (tuition reimbursement, etc.). This would be beneficial since I'm working on obtaining a CIS degree dealing with Computer and Application Tech Support.

softshoe

Hey, I've been working as an unloader/loader since March of 08. I've been going to school at College of DuPage (in Illinois) during the majority of the time I've been working at UPS. I was just wondering (since somebody at my work brought it up to me) if there is a way I can get transferred to the IT department at my facility (Addison,IL) and still keep the same benefits (tuition reimbursement, etc.). This would be beneficial since I'm working on obtaining a CIS degree dealing with Computer and Application Tech Support.

Why don't you ask the people in the IT department at your facility.

deemoni

You had me at "Hello World!"
Nobody in my facility seems to even know if we have an IT department. Also, we seem to be working off of Win 95/98 machines still...sad.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You probably do not have an IT department at your facility.
There are probably some TSG (Technical Support Group) people around but they report up through IE.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I remember when we had IT. The ones we had were pretty good. I never had a problem with them when they worked on my computer on preload.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I remember when we had IT. The ones we had were pretty good. I never had a problem with them when they worked on my computer on preload.

You may be confusing IT with TSG. We used to have a FT TSG guy but he left to go work at the local hospital (big bump in pay) and now when we need technical support they either do it over the phone (for minor issues) or will send someone from the district.

S

splozi

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/mugs/8b8c/

meh_flask.jpg

I ordered this last week. Can't wait for it to arrive!
meh_flask.jpg

P

pickup

Nobody in my facility seems to even know if we have an IT department. Also, we seem to be working off of Win 95/98 machines still...sad.

Ha, ha.

That "ha ha" is not a nelson mumps "ha ha" but just the equivalent to a lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

menotyou

bella amicizia
You may be confusing IT with TSG. We used to have a FT TSG guy but he left to go work at the local hospital (big bump in pay) and now when we need technical support they either do it over the phone (for minor issues) or will send someone from the district.
Could be. Whomever it was, they actually did the job and did it right.