The L-396 campaign trail is underway....

Evil

The Local 396 campaign has begun. Last night the G Slate was received well despite the mudslinging from the H camp that was laughed at over the garbage contract.

The incumbent camp even attempted to get violent with G's camp.

Hey Ron it looks like that piece of garbage contract is campaigning against you. You could have Donald Duck running against you and you're still gonna get laughed at for your cowardice during negotiations.

Send my greetings to Andy "the numbskull" at his right-to-work state.

Cerritos

Unlike Evil, I was there last night.

G was at Van Nuys last night, campaigning with B. U. from TDU. B. U. is a TDU organizer who has not been a Teamsters Local 396 member for 14 years. B.U. was fired by the Local in 2000 for dishonesty. This shows how desperate G is to find people to leaflet with him. There were three other 396 members with G.

All the Van Nuys stewards campaigned with the Ron H Slate last night. There was a huge crowd there supporting the Ron H. slate.

G was laughed off the premises and his TDU buddy B.U. was shamed for not being a dues paying Local 396 member, despite trying to deceive the Van Nuys members by wearing a Local 396 Shirt.

G insulted one of the leading stewards and the steward replied, "You didn't feel that way about me two weeks ago when you asked me to run on your slate." Everyone was laughing their asses off at G.

How does G keep a straight facing telling everyone the UPS agreement is crap, while he earns well over $100,000 in wages alone, as a Feeder driver.

It's apparent to 396 members that H is going to win in a landslide.

G lost my vote

RG has gone insane
So G slate has asked me for my vote, actually I have been offered a position as a BA if he wins this election. G only has asked for my support and to contact my friends and have them vote for his slate. I met with G and friends to discuss plans and to get details of what the offer was and what his slate plans were to win the election. I left that meeting a bit confused and disappointed, but I wanted to have an open mind because I have never done this and never have I been involved in a Union election and maybe I just didn't understand and did not see the big picture... boy was I wrong or maybe I was dead on right and should have followed my gut feeling about how much confusion and disarray G's Slate was. So now I will explain why I will not support G.

OK, this is were it gets interesting.

First, I don't completely agree with some of the people who he has sorrounded himself with. He has a guy with lots of energy and loyal to G out of Main St hub, but this person could not possibly be the person that would help G be successful in this election. M drives out of Hollywood Center and is constantly expressing how he bashes and talks crap about the current administration to all his fellow co-workers. Some of those co-workers of M's are also friends of mine and of other drivers from my center and they are constantly complaining about how annoying and disrespectful M can be. So Monday I had my friend ask M while I was standing by him to ask him what G would do to improve our Local if he would get in office, he also asked why should he consider giving G his vote? Jose M could not answer that, he replied by saying "GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER AND I WILL HAVE G CALL YOU AND TALK TO YOU ABOUT HIS PLANS" again this person is aggressively pushing for G but there is clearly no plan in place nor does M have a clue of what he is doing or even saying. I have concluded after careful evaluation in the last few weeks that M is clueless and lost and that he only is hurting the G Slate instead of helping G gain some votes at the Main St facility. DoesG have some support at Main St, I believe he does, but does he have a higher percentage of supporters over H? I would not bet the Ranch on that, I firmly believe that H has the majority of the Main St facility. Also, as of recently another supporter for G has came out, I believe he is a combo employee he works in the twi and maybe the night sort, but this guy is a real treat !!! First of all the first time I met him I could not understand a single word that came out of his mouth, but the little I was able to comprehend was just negative trash talking about his business agent, stewards he works with and co-workers that he claimed all supported H, instead of having a plan on how to win some of those people over all I heard from him and M as they campaigned was this " :censored2: that guy he supports RH don't talk to them they are pieces of :censored2: that kiss RH ass" OK - SO HOW IN THE :censored2: ARE WE SUPPOSE TO WIN THESE VOTES OVER WHEN WE PUSH PEOPLE AWAY???? I was very shocked and not impressed with these tactics they practiced. Anyway I will move on to things said about another building and will also touch on my building.

San Gabriel Hub. I only know what I am told by the G Slate and by some friends of mine that work in that facility. Also, I have a management person I know there since childhood and I have talked to him on what he observes. So I will start, Richard claims that himself and 2 other stewards have the San Gabe hub locked down and that the whole building will be supporting the G Slate. I have done some research and found out that those predictions made by Richard will have profound disappointment, I have not officially told my friends or anybody that I would support G, so when I kind of fished around the upcoming election to friends that work in San Gabe I found out that Richard does not have the support that he believes to have. My childhood friend/ center manager tells me that there is a steward or two that are very well respected and very liked by the San Gabe members but that both of these stewards and that possibly the majority of the San Gabe stewards support the H Slate. One of my best friends is a staunch Gsupporter, he worships G but he said and I quote "we are in trouble in San Gabe we don't have much support" WOW !! wtf is going on? Personally I don't care for K the San Gabe business rep I had him tell me some things about the contract that did not add up and later I found out that he was just guessing or just :censored2: me. But thats not the point Im trying to make, G truly believes that he has San Gabe all on his side and believes that 70-80% of the votes from San Gabe will be in his favor. I scratch my head wondering where he gets all this info but now I'm scratching my head thinking is G a leader or a dreamer??

My building is a building that has historically supported H and I do not see any change in that during this coming election. I will cut to the chase, Olympic Hub has no G support, it's ludicrous to believe that L would bring Olympic home for G. Richard told me in confidence that he would not have considered L for a Trustee position but that he thought that Hugo could bring him some votes, he stated to me and others of his team that Hugo was a gamble, that he is not the sharps tool in the shed, but that if Hugo can recruit 200 plus people to go to Raider games that he could easily convert those 200 eople into G supporters and get them all to cast their ballots in his favor. ARE YOU :censored2:SERIOUS????? REALLY??? not only did I start to realize how out of touch G is but also that he is willing to do anything and use anyone to try to win this election. I wondered and could not stop thinking what the true reason was for him offering me a job.?

Cerritos - No comment / do not know or have I really heard anything to give my opinion.

San Fernando - Same as Cerritos

Van Nuys - No comment hear either, actually there is, I have a good friend and know a steward very well and I'm being told that business agent T is a decent representative and that the stewards all support H

GV - No comment / do not know or have I really heard anything to give my opinion. N I hear you are out sick and have had some complications, my blessing are with you and wish you get better and well very soon. I know Vince from back in the old S O T O building in city of Vernon.

This is how I reached my conclusion, G Slate is a total dysfunctional group. He has surrounded himself with some members that are not respected by their peers and have campaign tactics that surely will not secure votes in their favor. Jose M is a total turn off, this guy is probably Richard's favorite guy of the group, but his campaign tactics, way of talking and approaching members is undesirable and freaky. Richard has also on 2 or 3 different occasions called me the wrong name and in another occasion failed to remember my last name? He has really pushed for my support and has told me how much he respects me and has always valued me. NOW I REALIZE HOW OUT OF TOUCH IS RICHARD AND HOW OUT OF TOUCH I WAS ALSO. The culmination of idiots who only rant negativity and fabrication of stories to further their agenda does not sit well with me and my character. I will not be supporting the G Slate, my main reason is M as a whole and Richard's lack of understanding of reality, his lack of leadership, a real leader would not allow the low classless acts that Jose M displays! RICHARD, M IS A DIRECT REFLECTION OF YOU AND WHAT YOUR SLATE REPRESENTS, YOUR FAILURE TO SEE THIS AND TAKE ACTIONS TO CORRECT THIS ONLY LEAVES A SOUR TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND MAKES ME WONDER WHAT THE FUTURE WOULD HOLD FOR ME AND OUR MEMBERSHIP IF YOU SOMEHOW GOT ELECTED! for the record, will I vote for Ron??? well that I don't know yet, it's not Ron but somebody who works for him misguided me and Ron promised me that he would deal with that agent and nothing ever happen to that agent. I am going to reflect on everything, but I will also say this, I have taken some time already to think of all the options and different scenarios and what I do know is that G is not the best person to lead our Local into the future. I will most likely vote for H, I wish he would fire an agent that I complained about, but the reality is that regardless of my issue with the bully that works for him I finally realized this, I have not once been to a Union meeting, never been a stewards nor have I been involved in Union events or issues, so since I have never been in no shape or form involved with our Local I felt that my lack of experience would not be a wise nor fair for our members of our Local. This will be what I will take with me before making my decision.

-Do I go with experience or do I roll the dice?
-Do I trust G on who will he hire to represent our membership? (that includes myself, he doesn't feel I would be a good Business Agent, he believes I could bring him 100 or so votes)

Listen, make a wise decision, but for me it will come to this.
EXPERIENCE or NO EXPERIENCE??

Peace and love to all

Last edited by a moderator:

G lost my vote

RG has gone insane
G has now started personal attacks on me by telling my friends that i have no backbone and that I'm a coward for not supporting him. He figured out it was me who posted some stuff about him, I was not trying to hide anything I was man enough to tell him I would not support him face to face when I made the decision.

G, let me give you some advice before you go a little to far. I have taken a position on not supporting you, thats a political position and a decision I made on my own, i made this decision after carefully evaluating you and your RG Slate. This was not personal nor do I want it to be personal but Richard you need to stop calling my friends and quit making this a personal thing, it's not personal but if you want to make it personal we can do that. Just keep in mind that if it's personal you got more to lose than me, it's not me running for office, it's your name that will tarnished. So incase you want to continue down this path I will give you a preview, nobody will understand this except you Richard and anyone else that has been at some of our gatherings over the past 5 years and or anyone that knows about your weird tendencies and partying habits. If you want certain pictures and partying habits out in the UPS public then continue your :censored2: talking, DONT MAKE THIS PERSONAL leave me the :censored2: out of this or you will get burned.

To the BrownCafe and Local 396 members, I made a decision to not support the G Slate. Yesterday I was reassured why. Listen to this, my nephews best friend works at UPS, he told my nephew that some guys harassed him when he was getting to work this week. My nephew did not know exactly what location he works in, but he did say this to me, his friend told him that he was demanded to give his email, address and phone number, he was told an important election was taking place and that he needed to vote for them or he could be in a lot of trouble if he got fired. I could not dismiss the thought of betting money that this had to be Jose M. So I asked my nephew to try to get more info and where he works. So now I thought he was going to be from GV or Cerritos since my nephew said he lived close to south gate/paramount area but that was not the case. He works out of Main Street Night sort I believe, he said he starts at about 11pm so I am assuming he is a night guy, how I wish he was in my building so that I can come out to talk to him and tell him not to worry and assure him that he will be okay, but it gets better, he described the guy as a mexican, dark bald guy with plucked eyebrows, well who can that possibly be??? M this is one of the reasons I decided not to support you Richard.

Members of the BrownCafe and Local 396, I think I need to get more involved with my Union, I think the G folks need to get involved and not just bitch and moan about everything. We have a pretty damn good contract, not a perfect one but far superior to other contracts. The medical, my family and I have used it and we have had no issues at all.

Cerritos - Looks like this will be another H building.

San Fernando - Looks OK for H in package.

GV - This building is tough to tell. Either way for G or H

Main - Looks like another H building also. My opinion is that M has hurt G

San Gabriel - Another H building. The big names all support H, Richard will lose his own building and center.

Van Nuys - H will also win this building.

Olympic - Hands Down H, G has actually acknowledge this is all H, actually he said this to me, WE NEED TO FIND A POOR SOUL FROM THAT BUILDING THAT WILL WORK IT FROM THE INSIDE, G realizes he cannot get any support here.

In closing, I will say this, was I supporting G at some point? the answer is yes, but so did another 3 or 4 guys and they have realized that G is not a true leader and he does not have what it takes to be our Principle Officer. I have chosen to speak up because of the lies that are being put out to our members, let me say that again, OUR MEMBERS ARE BEING LIED AND MISLED FOR A MISERABLE VOTE, so I decided I would not be attaching my name to lies and later in the future have to come to reality when the members are confronting me about misleading them and straight lies for political reasons, my belief is this, Honesty and Integrity and you will get the same back.

Vote this upcoming election, vote for whoever you want but please vote! My whole intent of these postings are for one reason, to show that it doesn't matter what side you are on, but that if you feel something is not right to speak up and express it. I was willing to just walk away from everything, vote, keep my mouth shut and move on. G has made this personal because I will not support him or go out and campaign with him. Ernie we spoke and I know how you feel also, do the right thing brother, sorry for putting you on blast but your name will be stained if you go down this road. I took the time to share some of my experiences I have had with the G Slate because I want you to know what type of leader he could be if he becomes your next principle officer. VOTE - VOTE - VOTE - H or G but please vote and vote after you have considered everything. Talk to the candidates, tell them to explain what they plan to do in the future, ask them tough questions, look at their accomplishments in the Union, who can better represent you, who do you want by your side if you get fired or in serious trouble, these are all very important things to consider before marking your ballot, make a wise decision because your career might depend on it if one day if you need the Union for issues at UPS. Again - VOTE - VOTE - VOTE - H or G but please VOTE!!!!

I will be voting for Ron H as I believe he is the best candidate to secure and protect our future.

Also, one more thing for Richard, Ron H is not my friend let me repeat he is NOT my friend, I have met the man and say hi to him every once in awhile, that is not reason for you to keep telling people that my mommy H spanked me for supporting you. My friends have told me what you are saying, keep making personal and so will I and believe me Richard you will lose, there is stuff not to many people know and I will expose you if once again you comment about me personally or say anything again about my family. Let this be your final warning, quit being a coward, quit hiding and sending messages with friends, be a man and say it to me, you know how to get a hold me. Keep the personal attacks away.

Thanks to all members who will listen and take my advice. let me say it again. VOTE VOTE VOTE

Peace and love to all

If I can't see your mirrors, I can't see you

Newport2

Let's vote for the guy who's just endorsed the worst contract EVER! What else can he take away from us???
Things have gotten WORSE, not better. What else needs to be taken from us?To get better we have to MOVE ON. We have a BROTHER that is taking from us and is no longer looking out for US.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Let's vote for the guy who's just endorsed the worst contract EVER! What else can he take away from us???
Things have gotten WORSE, not better. What else needs to be taken from us?To get better we have to MOVE ON. We have a BROTHER that is taking from us and is no longer looking out for US.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yea take G and all his clout to the panel. Take all his experiance negotiating contracts. If there's one thing I know is that to start over and build from the bottom will make your members hate this new administration within a year and a half. Then it goes even more downhill from there. Now you have a new set of guys coming in the next term. You will be reminiscing about the good old days for decades. You know back when local 396 had some stroke. Think about it.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Experience? What has their experience gotten us? Do we have better contracts? Better benefits? Better pensions? No, so those who endorsed this contract can shove it up Hoffa's shoot!!!

Experience? What has their experience gotten us? Do we have better contracts? Better benefits? Better pensions? No, so those who endorsed this contract can shove it up Hoffa's shoot!!!
What are you even talking about Edgar. You aren't even a member of local 396. You are a TDU agitator. You would love to see other locals torn down. A man with your experience thinks this is what he wants. Only because you lack the experience of watching local fall apart after they let tdu in. Anyway it doesn't matter because Ron is going to win

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Sent using BrownCafe App

You have good points and some bad ones. Lets start with the good points.

I think we can ALL agree that this contract wasnt the best contract ever negotiated for us. There is no disputing this. On the other hand, we still are making good money and the loses at this point are still marginal at best.

Part timers definitely getting the biggest shaft in this contract. These are all things we can agree upon.

The question becomes, who can ENFORCE the new contract in "our" best interests??

That is KEY to this election.

Is it G with ZERO experience? He has ZERO experience in arbitration, He has ZERO experience with handling terminated employees, He has ZERO experience dealing with labor managers or division level managers. His previous stint with the local was disastrous when he was hired as a business agent.

I dont know how people could possibly estimate that G could possibly be the answer to our problems at UPS?

We can also agree that Ron has lost the members interest at heart, and he has his eyes set on higher office vs. spending enough time with the members here in local 396. His record is clear, look at all the "outside" events he participates in. This is "union" work however, just not local 396 business.

While Ron did support this last contract, and it didnt turn out the way ANYONE wanted, "WE" still have to decide "WHO" will represent us in the best manner possible in the next three years before the next local election. "WE" have one election cycle to go before the 2018 National contract is up for re election.

Is G the answer? Given his record and his choices to help him? Obviously not.

Gs goals are clear. He intends on helping TDU gain control of our local, and to that end "WE" have to stop him.

While RON and I have our differences, I will support Ron in this election and campaign against G. The last thing our local needs is to be taken over by the likes of B and his TDU "ilk". G may hope his cast of "garbage pail kids" will garner him some votes, but this really speaks to his inability to lead on his own. G needs to learn to stand on his own two feet and speak with some conviction what "he" intends to do, rather than focus on what "RON" did wrong.

Tell us something "WE" dont know.

If Danny wasnt bad enough, all our local membership would do is see a repeat of the Bruno administration in electing G.

Ron has been put on "notice" by the members. Dont think for one second that he isnt listening. He will make changes in the next administration to attempt the right the wrongs and make things right. Its the members futures that we have to look out for, not G.

Nothing in this last contract can be changed. The INK is dry on that issue, so complaining about its contents isnt going to sway voters. Those members who are involved already know whats in it.

Ron really has a chance of securing the locals future by making key changes in leadership roles within the local when he wins re election. Ron by no means will think that winning re election is a referendum on his success, but rather, a referendum on Gs attempt at being relevant.

Ron knows that his real challenge will come when he faces my group of UPSers. To that extent, he has three years to make changes that the membership will view as reason to keep them in charge of the local going into the 2018 National Negotiations.

G on the other hand, once he is defeated, better step out of the way and keep his mouth shut. He will be a three time loser in local politics and "I" for one, am tired of him getting in the way. It will be time for him and his cronies to fade into oblivion from where they came.

The last thing our members need is to allow a bunch of "garbage pail kids" back in control of the locals treasury.

TOS.

Evil

Hey L, I'll tell ya next week when I am in Cerca.

TOS.
R, you know very well that when you run in 2017 your gonna be referred to as R "the Cocaine Addict," right? How are you gonna defend yourself? Are you gonna put on your flyer your "Solutions Degree" stating you graduated from drug addict school and are coke free? Haha

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
R, you know very well that when you run in 2017 your gonna be referred to as R "the Cocaine Addict," right? How are you gonna defend yourself? Are you gonna put on your flyer your "Solutions Degree" stating you graduated from drug addict school and are coke free? Haha

This is one of the reasons you will never rise to the level of union professional that you pretend to be. Its also another reason why G will always be hurt by "bit players" like yourself. The boxline is where you belong with along with your "ghetto" buddies.

Like G, name calling is all you boys have to offer.

TOS.

Evil

This is one of the reasons you will never rise to the level of union professional that you pretend to be. Its also another reason why G will always be hurt by "bit players" like yourself. The boxline is where you belong with along with your "ghetto" buddies.

Like G, name calling is all you boys have to offer.

TOS.
R you didn't answer the question. Did you kick your cocaine habit? Did Solutions help you get over your cocaine use? As for ghetto, weren't you driving to the ghetto and purchasing your eight-balls of coke there?

R keep it up with your mud slinging. How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine now? Have another line of coke while you think about it. Isn't that why Ron kicked you to the curve? Right after you got busted with coke by the police? Haha

My understanding is local by laws state staff employees can't have alcohol or drug offenses. Haha

Newport2

Ok! You've convinced me into voting for the guy the has proven to not have my(our) back. The EXPERIENCE he does have, he used to friend us over.Let's have him continue to not have OUR BEST INTEREST!
Ghetto, it's kicked to CURB, not curve. Lol. Keep trying!
Who's cares if you did blow or any other drug! Who didn't. Everyone's got a past.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
R you didn't answer the question. Did you kick your cocaine habit? Did Solutions help you get over your cocaine use? As for ghetto, weren't you driving to the ghetto and purchasing your eight-balls of coke there?

R keep it up with your mud slinging. How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine now? Have another line of coke while you think about it. Isn't that why Ron kicked you to the curve? Right after you got busted with coke by the police? Haha

My understanding is local by laws state staff employees can't have alcohol or drug offenses. Haha

This is exactly what the poster "G lost my vote" was talking about. G surrounds himself with the likes of immature little gang bangers who have nothing to offer the senior members other than childish remarks.

G hasnt learned his lesson from the last election and neither have you *

When you got stomped, you thought you had it figured out then, losing badly and never reaching the standard desention vote level. It was a bad beatdown for you and TDU.

Now, you "taint" G with your patronage and these ridiculous claims. Of course, you dont have the first clue what you are talking about, but dont let that stop you.

ON the other hand, since you like to name call and tell "stories", I guess it would be fair to you if we referred to you as a transexual since you seem to prefer to call yourself * on other media sources.

You could, in the future, run as the first transexual candidate in local 396.

Good luck *.

TOS.

Evil

Ok! You've convinced me into voting for the guy the has proven to not have my(our) back. The EXPERIENCE he does have, he used to friend us over.Let's have him continue to not have OUR BEST INTEREST!
Ghetto, it's kicked to CURB, not curve. Lol. Keep trying!
Who's cares if you did blow or any other drug! Who didn't. Everyone's got a past.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm not referring to Richard G brother. He has no drug issues. I'm supporting Richard G. I'm referring to "The Other Side." He was busted for cocaine a little while ago. He has yet to let us know if he graduated from drug addict school. I wasn't gonna bring this up but since he doesn't stop his mudslinging against the only person who has the courage to challenge Ron "the sellout" H he's getting a taste of his own medicine. The only difference is that his drug problems are factual.

Evil

This is exactly what the poster "G lost my vote" was talking about. G surrounds himself with the likes of immature little gang bangers who have nothing to offer the senior members other than childish remarks.

G hasnt learned his lesson from the last election and neither have you *

When you got stomped, you thought you had it figured out then, losing badly and never reaching the standard desention vote level. It was a bad beatdown for you and TDU.

Now, you "taint" G with your patronage and these ridiculous claims. Of course, you dont have the first clue what you are talking about, but dont let that stop you.

ON the other hand, since you like to name call and tell "stories", I guess it would be fair to you if we referred to you as a transexual since you seem to prefer to call yourself * on other media sources.

You could, in the future, run as the first transexual candidate in local 396.

Good luck *.

TOS.

R "The Other Side" you didn't answer the question. Did you kick your cocaine habit? Did Solutions help you get over your cocaine use? As for ghetto, weren't you driving to the ghetto and purchasing your eight-balls of coke there?

With your drug offense are you sure you can run for local office R?