The L-396 campaign trail is underway....

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Honestly, let me make an honest observation about RG and his campaign flyer.

In the mailer that was sent to our homes, it had a photo of RG and his slate, all wearing the same shirts and the same red tie, giving the appearance of a barbershop quartet or a Christmas singing group. It was weird to say the least.

Further, RG used the Term "aggressively and dilligently" over and over and over and over as if there was a shortage of words in the dictionary to describe his abilities.

However, if RG was so "agressively and dilligently" motivated, WHY didnt he act "aggressively and dilligently" to PROOF READ the mailer to check for TYPO'S??

IF he cant even manage his mailer for err's, how can he manage a local with millions of dollars in the treasury and thousands of members to protect?

"NO local staff employee will CONSUMER alcohol or play golf during Union business hours"

Seems like a basic step in leadership.

TYPO's are a simple thing to check. If a person was "aggressive and dilligent" this wouldnt have happened.

Of course, we all know the answer. Those two words were just adjectives used for show, not go.

Then on the back of the flyer, it contains a picture of the "BALLOT" itself. The funny part is, its filled out INCORRECTLY.

When we vote, we can either make a checkmark for an ENTIRE slate by checking the first box that says RG SLATE, or we can check individual votes for executive officers, but on the flyer, ALL boxes are checked.

If a voter does this, the ballot will be set aside as an err, and counted provisionally and only used if the race is close.

Bad advice is not "aggressive or Dilligent".

TOS.

In the mailer that was sent to our homes, it had a photo of RG and his slate, all wearing the same shirts and the same red tie, giving the appearance of a barbershop quartet or a Christmas singing group. It was weird to say the least.

Further, RG used the Term "aggressively and dilligently" over and over and over and over as if there was a shortage of words in the dictionary to describe his abilities.

However, if RG was so "agressively and dilligently" motivated, WHY didnt he act "aggressively and dilligently" to PROOF READ the mailer to check for TYPO'S??

IF he cant even manage his mailer for err's, how can he manage a local with millions of dollars in the treasury and thousands of members to protect?

"NO local staff employee will CONSUMER alcohol or play golf during Union business hours"

Seems like a basic step in leadership.

TYPO's are a simple thing to check. If a person was "aggressive and dilligent" this wouldnt have happened.

Of course, we all know the answer. Those two words were just adjectives used for show, not go.

Then on the back of the flyer, it contains a picture of the "BALLOT" itself. The funny part is, its filled out INCORRECTLY.

When we vote, we can either make a checkmark for an ENTIRE slate by checking the first box that says RG SLATE, or we can check individual votes for executive officers, but on the flyer, ALL boxes are checked.

If a voter does this, the ballot will be set aside as an err, and counted provisionally and only used if the race is close.

TOS.
Hilarious. I wish I could see it. What a joke.

Cerritos

G's mailer also states that he was the Assistant UPS Coordinator and Political Coordinator for Teamsters Local 396. He never, for a second, served in those positions with the Local Union.

His flyers state that the Local Union raised the initiation fees for new hires, when in fact the Local Union has never raised initiation fees for new hires. There was a bylaw amendment regarding initiation fees a few years back, but that was to bring the language into compliance with IBT standards, not to raise initiation fees.

G says those on military duty will not have medical coverage, this is untrue

G states on his handouts that he will not use the Union card for personal use, well that is mighty big of him, because it is called embezzlement when you use the Union credit card for personal use. It is nice that he has assured us he has chosen not to embezzle if elected...lol.

The list of lies by G goes on and on...

The list of lies, half truths and misleading statements by this man goes on and on

Frankly there are so many fabrications by G, that I will not bore the readers here with all of them.

Inthegame

WHY didnt he act "aggressively and dilligently" to PROOF READ the mailer to check for TYPO'S??

If a voter does this, the ballot will be set aside as an err...

TOS.
I agree with your points, but in this post you've committed many errors yourself. Are you sure you didn't edit for RG?

G's mailer also states that he was the Assistant UPS Coordinator and Political Coordinator for Teamsters Local 396. He never, for a second, served in those positions with the Local Union.

His flyers state that the Local Union raised the initiation fees for new hires, when in fact the Local Union has never raised initiation fees for new hires. There was a bylaw amendment regarding initiation fees a few years back, but that was to bring the language into compliance with IBT standards, not to raise initiation fees.

G says those on military duty will not have medical coverage, this is untrue

G states on his handouts that he will not use the Union card for personal use, well that is mighty big of him, because it is called embezzlement when you use the Union credit card for personal use. It is nice that he has assured us he has chosen not to embezzle if elected...lol.

The list of lies by G goes on and on...

The list of lies, half truths and misleading statements by this man goes on and on

Frankly there are so many fabrications by G, that I will not bore the readers here with all of them.
I bet you Fred z helped him with that flyer when he was up there about a month ago.

Come on game. He's doing the right thing now. The past is the past on this site. He's using this forum to help our cause. Like I do. He's doing the right thing and slamming that tdu stuff.

brostalss

Just vote damn it. It's our right to. Always low turn out. People bitch and complain about our Union issues but yet they didn't vote. You shouldn't be complaining then.

Vote early and vote often.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wow, a second mailer arrived today from the RG slate, and this one is worse than the first one.

Here's a clue RG, if you want the past to be the past, LEAVE IT ALONE. DONT BRING IT UP.

You made the mistake of getting your wife involved in local politics and she and the local had some words.

Bottom line, YOU and your family got tossed out of the BALI hotel for the action.

The last thing you want to do is put this into your flyer and remind everyone how you were not suppose to be at that convention but decided to attend with TDU and became a two time loser in losing the delegate election and getting tossed to the curb.

If you are looking for sympathy from the membership, think again. WE DONT CARE. ( and i speak for many)

The BOTH of you shouldnt have been there.

This flyer is chockfull of useless information, like the BALI incident. Quotes from the constitution? Really?

Charges against RH that are baseless in fact? Charges against the IBT?

You claim RH makes more than Hoffa and cite the International Constitution, then post a chart showing salaries and total compensation.

On page one, YOU claim RH makes more than HFFA in total compensation, but in your OWN chart it reads like this..

RH...salary = $218,422 Total Compensation = $243,950

HFF..salary = $296,639 Total Compensation = $367,864

In which catagory does RH make more than HFFA? Your own chart in the flyer doesnt substantiate this claim?

Yes, RH makes good money, and its definately more than when we first took office, but that comes with the job. You may not like it, and the members may not like and "I" may not like it, but its the nature of the job.

This particular paragraph contained in your flyer is a complete LIE at best, and thats being nice.

Quote:

"We believe RH is in violation of the international brotherhood of teamsters constitution, article 5 and
section 1. International brotherhood of teamsters constitution, article v, salaries and expenses of officers, section 1 states, "...nor shall the total salary of any vice president-international representative or trustee-international representative exceed that of the general president." He MAKES more money than the general presidents salary of $225,000 per year. RH's COMBINED salary is $243,950 per year
.""

You must think through your "aggressiveness and dilligence" that the membership is too stupid to read a chart, or figure out what you just said.

You want to COMPARE HFFA's base salary to RH's TOTAL salary per year, but if you look at the General presidents total compensation figure, its $367,864, which is HIGHER than RH's total compensation.

You accuse the secretary treasurer of something you cant even prove with your own chart and you have the balls to call that "aggressiveness and dilligence?"

This is one of the reasons you will be rejected as a candidate for Secretary Treasurer of local 396.

On a different note, LEAVE YOUR WIFE OUT OF LOCAL POLITICS. RH and I go back many years and I have never seen her get herself involved in local politics to the point where she has had to engage ANYONE ANYWHERE.

Thats the way it should be. After reading this flyer, its pretty clear you are NOT the horse FRD Zckm should have backed. It was a waste of his time.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
RH and I spoke last night for a while, and it was a good conversation. We covered many subjects and I was impressed with our results.

Like I said before, RH is a smart man. He has many accomplishments with Local 396 and NOBODY can take those away from him. When we started together, our local was a mess. Dny Brno destroyed the local inside and out. Finances were a mess.

Today, Finances are in great shape. Nobody will ever win an election attempting to attack the handling of the locals treasury. Making false charges that can never be substantiated isnt going to win an election. Presenting false arguments for change, based upon a lie manufactured by a potential candidate will never be enough to oust RH.

RH and discussed this at length. I will never make such a claim against the local and I told RH this.

RG has really pissed me off with his baseless charges against RH. Its isnt even laughble.

RH and I agree, that he needs to listen, act and respond to the members in the next three years and he assures that he will do all he can to rebuild bridges lost.

This I can support.

RG, if you are listening, you are about to have your ash handed to you. You are about to make everyone associated with you "TOXIC" in the future.

So I say to those members, break your ties with RG before you saddle yourself with a TDU label upon yourself, or go down and permanately mark yourself with IDIOT across your foreheads.

The charges leveled against the sitting Secretary Treasurer are false and unsubstantiated.

Once you lose, you wont ever be able to shed those accusations.

The local has time over time, passed all audits conducted, so to repeat the LIE RG is asking you to spread will come back to haunt you in the future.

Do the right thing, step away.

TOS.

Brown Spider

RH and I spoke last night for a while, and it was a good conversation. We covered many subjects and I was impressed with our results.

Like I said before, RH is a smart man. He has many accomplishments with Local 396 and NOBODY can take those away from him. When we started together, our local was a mess. Dny Brno destroyed the local inside and out. Finances were a mess.

Today, Finances are in great shape. Nobody will ever win an election attempting to attack the handling of the locals treasury. Making false charges that can never be substantiated isnt going to win an election. Presenting false arguments for change, based upon a lie manufactured by a potential candidate will never be enough to oust RH.

RH and discussed this at length. I will never make such a claim against the local and I told RH this.

RG has really pissed me off with his baseless charges against RH. Its isnt even laughble.

RH and I agree, that he needs to listen, act and respond to the members in the next three years and he assures that he will do all he can to rebuild bridges lost.

This I can support.

RG, if you are listening, you are about to have your ash handed to you. You are about to make everyone associated with you "TOXIC" in the future.

So I say to those members, break your ties with RG before you saddle yourself with a TDU label upon yourself, or go down and permanately mark yourself with IDIOT across your foreheads.

The charges leveled against the sitting Secretary Treasurer are false and unsubstantiated.

The local has time over time, passed all audits conducted, so to repeat the LIE RG is asking you to spread will come back to haunt you in the future.

TOS.

Wow! Sounds like you and RH should get a room! Hope that DM doesn't get jealous.

Brown Spider

Are you like 10 years old. At least come up with something and if not just don't post. You look stupid with that one.

Settle down, Bo. I don't know a lot about Local 396...don't know a lot about RG or RH...but when TOS boasts about using his connection with a UPS Division Manager to get a legitimate candidate for local union office thrown off of the property, well, TOS is no brother of mine! Don't care about TDU, RH or RG. As far as I'm concerned, TOS is a rat.

IzzyTheNose

This I can support.

TOS.

Pretty interesting to read your rhetoric. I don't know what would compel someone to work so diligently in slandering G's name and his supporters when, according to you, G has no shot of winning. If it's a done deal, why work so hard?

I've worked for UPS for 5 years. Know how many times I've seen H's face at my hub? ZERO. No one has ever even pointed him out to me, because he's been a ghost. The only interaction I got from H's slate actually happened a few hours ago.

"How's it going? I'm from Local 396 Teamsters. Have you received your ballot yet?"

Me: "Yeah, got it last Thursday"

"Please tell me you mailed it in"

Me: "Yup, did it the same day"

"Great man, thanks a lot. Now let me ask you something else, did you vote for H?"

That's about as much input I've gotten from H and his supporters. That's all I'm left with. Well, that and a contract he backed that was riddled with concessions. That and the fact that he couldn't even be bothered to field questions once that contract he back was pushed through, and brought someone from a local out of Arizona because, "He knows more about it than I do".

Then there's the issue of full-time seniority being violated at my hub because combos have been increasingly vocal in their displeasure over the job H has done, and stated months before the ballots were even in the mail, that they would be voting H out of office.

I can only assume this was all a valiant attempt to pander to the part-timers who were now given seniority over people who had been working for the company for 20+ years.

Maybe G doesn't have H's experience. Actually, I know he doesn't. But if there's one thing I'm ABSOLUTELY certain of, it's that H has grown complacent through multiple terms in office, and doesn't have our best interests at heart.

His leadership is severely lacking, and his presence is nonexistent. Whatever good he's done within our local has been eclipsed by his monumental missteps that should not be forgotten, nor forgiven.

It's time for new leadership at 396. Anyone that disagrees is either scared of the uncertainty that comes with change (understandable), or has simply invested in a top-shelf set of blinders.

Last week a few members and I had an opportunity to engage with RG, the slate, and his few supporters out of the Olympic hub. As I drove by and proceeded to park my vehicle, I noticed the RG slate out campaigning. I thought to myself, Finally! What a great opportunity to give this guy. I had a few questions that I had accrued over the last couple of months and perhaps I could get a few answers. You know, gain a different perspective from the context of his explanation.

So as I approached the group, I was asked to vote for RG and his slate as they handed me their flyer. Okay no harm in reading their handout but when I began to ask a few questions, RG side stepped and dodged anxiously avoiding them at all costs. I became very disappointed because although my position has been in support of RH, RG had no clue of this and yet he still ignored me as a member. It's not like my questions were difficult. They were basic really.

I as a employee / member have been at this facility for over a decade.

Q.1 -Why is this the first time that I have even seen you (RG) here?

Q.2 - In the last two years how many meetings have you (RG) attended at the local hall?

Q.3 - Why do you (RG) deserve my vote based on your response to Q1 and Q2?

Now these were three simple questions that I had asked. I didn't really think that they were difficult to answer. It's not like I asked questions about his...

■ Alleged improprieties that occured at the credit union,
■ How many arbitrations he had heard,
■ Or that he had been fired and RH got him his job back,
■ Or that he quit the local because he wasn't happy with his position or pay, etc...

So what's my point?
My point is that here I have someone running for a position in my local. This individual (RG) is asking for my vote and the vote from many members; yet here he is running with the slogan that he is here "Putting Members 1st". What a bunch of poppycock! It's ridiculous to think that this man is deserving of my vote.

Now, I will admit that some changes need to be made and that there is no room for complacency but change isn't going to happen with RG! Not when you (RG) are running on that pretense!

My message to RG:

Leaders engage their members. They don't dodge them. A true leader like RH will take the time and talk to his members. Agree or disagree with the member, you still owe it to the member to engage in conversation.