The Latest "Change/Take Away"

The Mayor

So, just wondering if anybody else has heard about this. We had a manager tell us at our workgroup meeting that as of June 1st, the TRW rules were changing. He told us all that the time off for worker injury to return to work was being reduced from 90 days, to 45 days. This can't be argued since companies can establish these times, but most fortune 500 companies allocate 180 days.....but not here as we all know (cause we are better than everybody else) I guess.

The next part is the "kicker" though. As with everything else at FedEx, there is always something else. He said that he needed to get "clarification" from the e-mail he read but that the company was going to start using employees vacation time when they get hurt! Is that even legal? Needless to say, the place went absolutely bezerk. People wanted to know when the 45 day time frame started, from the date of injury, or after the use of vacation time. Can you be forced to report in if you are technically on vacation. How does this effect those currently on TRW? How will doctor appointments work out, etc...

He said that he would check more into it and get us more information, but we all know how that standard line works out. If anybody else hears of anything remotely similiar to this, or has more information, please share.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So, just wondering if anybody else has heard about this. We had a manager tell us at our workgroup meeting that as of June 1st, the TRW rules were changing. He told us all that the time off for worker injury to return to work was being reduced from 90 days, to 45 days. This can't be argued since companies can establish these times, but most fortune 500 companies allocate 180 days.....but not here as we all know (cause we are better than everybody else) I guess.

The next part is the "kicker" though. As with everything else at FedEx, there is always something else. He said that he needed to get "clarification" from the e-mail he read but that the company was going to start using employees vacation time when they get hurt! Is that even legal? Needless to say, the place went absolutely bezerk. People wanted to know when the 45 day time frame started, from the date of injury, or after the use of vacation time. Can you be forced to report in if you are technically on vacation. How does this effect those currently on TRW? How will doctor appointments work out, etc...

He said that he would check more into it and get us more information, but we all know how that standard line works out. If anybody else hears of anything remotely similiar to this, or has more information, please share.

Gee, Wally. What a great way to get rid of older topped-out couriers. Unconscionable, but what else would you expect from the spawn of Satan? Just when you think you've been bent completely over, Fred come-up with a new way to screw us.

I have no conformation of this yet, but it sounds like the next step Dear :censored2: Leader would take, doesn't it?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Not for an on-the-job injury - that would probably be illegal.

For LOA situations resulting from off-the-job injury or illness, this is a common practice (including FMLA).

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If one is not willing to stand and fight with us then maybe that person should keep comments like that to themselves.
No kidding. Ol' Sammy and CJinx think we should be able to unionize overnight. Indeed this is a plan from **** you over Fred to weed out senior employees and should be illegal. Best thing to do is keep a lawyer on retainer.

Piss poor excuse for a so-called people company.

5yearsleft

I heard this info today from my hubby who is an RTD. We haven't heard anything about it at our station. They were told if you go out on FMLA, your vacation gets used 1st. I am curious about how it works if you're hurt on the job. I'll have to see if he can get some clarification.

BigTex61

I had heard from a manager that paid sick days were going to go away. If your sick, it will no pay or you can use vacation days.

overflowed

I had heard from a manager that paid sick days were going to go away. If your sick, it will no pay or you can use vacation days.
All the people bouncing from the company, and they figure this will retain people? More of the same with these morons. Have lost all sense of reality these people.

bbsam

Staff member
If one is not willing to stand and fight with us then maybe that person should keep comments like that to themselves.
Would you expect UPS unions workers to "stand with you"? Would you expect them to stay home? Of course not. But you would welcome their support.

I would support your walkout in the same way. I would agree with it, refuse to cross a picket line, and make a ton of money off it.