The Latest "Change/Take Away"

SmithBarney

I was told the 45 day rule was already in effect.. as far as using your vacation pay(when sick), I believe this too is already allowable by law not sure about on the job injury, as you should be getting disability at that point.

dezguy

Up here, when going off on STD, the first week you're off, they take a week of vacation before your insurance kicks in. Never used to be that way and only started a couple of years ago.

The Mayor

It seems as if the post kind of went off into a few different directions about different points here. I just wanted to give an update and say that we haven't had any follow up yet about the original announcement. I seriously doubt we will until after the 1st anyways, so as usual we are being kept in the dark.

Anybody got a flashlight?.................

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpg

fedex_rtd

I like the timing of this one...AFTER the vacation bid process is done and over. I know a few guys at my station that have combined the FMLA for a scheduled surgery along with their vacation in order to get more time off to heal up. All they do is come back for one day, usually a Friday and then they are on vacation for another week.

Remember as we age, it takes longer to heal.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Talk about being screwed, if you are a part timer.

No STD, you get hurt .. there goes your vacation, PH and FH's.

I asked, "So can a part timer take days off, unpaid?"

"Yes".

So what's the difference if she/he takes them later or when FedEx wants to "make you" do it?

No spit or Vaseline. Thank you Fred.

ManInBrown

I had a friend who was a courier for Express. Hadn't spoken to this person in some time. Found out they got hurt on the job. And apparently didn't "return to work" in a timely fashion and no longer has a job. How is that legal? Something about displaced.

MAKAVELI

I had a friend who was a courier for Express. Hadn't spoken to this person in some time. Found out they got hurt on the job. And apparently didn't "return to work" in a timely fashion and no longer has a job. How is that legal? Something about displaced.
That's what you get when you don't have the protection of a union contract. The best thing your friend can do is get an attorney and at least get a settlement from FedEx.

Purplepackage

Don't think that it's only express that does that, basically any job that doesn't have Union backing has the ability to do that.

Hell if you go out on an unpaid maternity leave at some jobs they displace you after a certain amount of time

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sad but true.

This is a sad development, but Fred does whatever he wants to us because he can. They are going to continue to cut and cut until we are Ground, which is what they want. Barely above minimum wage "slaves" who have zero future. This is nothing but a brazen attempt to eliminate more senior people,

Purplepackage

This is a sad development, but Fred does whatever he wants to us because he can. They are going to continue to cut and cut until we are Ground, which is what they want. Barely above minimum wage "slaves" who have zero future. This is nothing but a brazen attempt to eliminate more senior people,

He does the same to us as every ceo of a major company, trust me I have friends who work for Fortune 500 companies who get :censored2: on every day sitting at their cubicle. That in no way justifies anything I'm just saying the problem isn't fedex specific the problem stems from money controlling politics and in turn slowly killing the middle class which was once a happy place to be

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He does the same to us as every ceo of a major company, trust me I have friends who work for Fortune 500 companies who get :censored2: on every day sitting at their cubicle. That in no way justifies anything I'm just saying the problem isn't fedex specific the problem stems from money controlling politics and in turn slowly killing the middle class which was once a happy place to be

This should be required reading:

http://www.jordico.com/7-reasons-corporate-career-sucks-fulfilling-alternative/

Bankrupt

I have had fmla for years due to my child's illness. I'll be sure he has appts each day before a company holiday now since I'll be forced to use vac time might as well right?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Goldilocks

What is the policy on moving zip codes to different stations and making drivers go with their route? I thought the driver's that did not want to go could bump out the lowest senior employee. Anyone know if they changed this too?