The Latest "Change/Take Away"

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
This is a sad development, but Fred does whatever he wants to us because he can. They are going to continue to cut and cut until we are Ground, which is what they want. Barely above minimum wage "slaves" who have zero future. This is nothing but a brazen attempt to eliminate more senior people,
Maybe once they start paying by the stop, the top performers will make more money than they do now.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In our case it is simple greed, but at every station there is that one or two employees that almost every summer, find a reason to go out on FMLA, and since they figure FMLA into the vacation schedule it hoses over those that don't abuse the system....there is going to be a few really :censored2: off guys at our RT station now LOL

The few abusers don't justify this change in policy. I already know of several co-workers who are going to be up :censored2: Creek because of it. A couple have elderly parents, and two have kids with special needs. It essentially means they will have to kill their vacations just to take care of their families.

Thank you, Mr Smith!! None of this affects you or the Smith family because your effing rich. But for the average person, this is a huge deal.

Eff you, Smith!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was suggested above that employees should try to use up all of their PTO in the first half of the year in case something were to happen which would cause them to have to take FMLA. Is there any possibility, with this new policy change, that Fred would be able to go after the following years PTO?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Do you realize that FMLA is unpaid time and that they are basically hurting themselves?

Not quite. For instance, you want to take off the last week of June but it's already taken by other couriers. Claim an FMLA-covered absence and you'll get that week off and you'll get paid if you have a sufficient amount of vacation days left.

Oldest trick in the book.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not quite. For instance, you want to take off the last week of June but it's already taken by other couriers. Claim an FMLA-covered absence and you'll get that week off and you'll get paid if you have a sufficient amount of vacation days left.

Hey, you are back!! Please tell all of us what a great new policy this is, OK?

59 Dano

Hey, you are back!! Please tell all of us what a great new policy this is, OK?

This is the new policy that addresses the old policy of letting people use FMLA to get time off during unavailable periods (peak, a week that already has the max number of people taking off) while still keeping their other 5 weeks of vacation scheduled throughout the year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is the new policy that addresses the old policy of letting people use FMLA to get time off during unavailable periods (peak, a week that already has the max number of people taking off) while still keeping their other 5 weeks of vacation scheduled throughout the year.

Sure it is (official company line). But it also screws over everyone else in the process.

59 Dano

Sure it is (official company line). But it also screws over everyone else in the process.

You can thank those who abused the hell out of it for that. The purpose of FMLA is to allow you to take time off for qualifying issues and you're still able to do that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can thank those who abused the hell out of it for that. The purpose of FMLA is to allow you to take time off for qualifying issues and you're still able to do that.

What a typical Dano/FedEx response. So, a few people who take advantage, and everyone has to take in in the butt? Sorry, Shill, but this is just another way to keep more people working to make Fred money. Perhaps if it were a more hospitable workplace, there would be more long-term employees who actually wanted to do the job.

Yes, you can still use your FMLA, but you eat all but a week of your vacation, including personals and floaters. Let's say my Dad has Alzheimers and an FMLA qualification, and he needs me...a lot. I basically get one lousy week of vacation a year because Fred is a greedy, soul-less bastartd.

Wait until you need an FMLA Mr. Company Man. Perhaps you'll change your tune. You and your buddy Smith both suck.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

True. But you sidestep the other reason someone might need to do this. FedEx is supposedly a meritocracy, where working hard gets you ahead. Can we agree this is a big lie? When it comes to vacations and route bids, it's all about seniority, and there are plenty of stations where 20 years of service means you still can't take a summer vacation with your family. For an anti-union company, FedEx behaves exactly like a unionized one in terms of vacation and route selection.

Perhaps Dear Leader Smith should have thought about the ramifications of our very stupid vacation bidding processes and perhaps people pulling this ploy wouldn't be such an issue.

Let's see. I'm a hypothetical 20 year employee and I want to take a summer vacation with my kids to Disneyland before they go to college. What are my alternatives if I can't get a summer slot?

SmithBarney

I've been at quite a few stations, and I know a bunch of employees at a few other stations they all say the same thing, there is always "one guy/gal" who abuses the system. So why punish 99% for the 1% that abuse it.

While FedEx might be "within the law" they have basically thrown out the PSP philosophy bit by bit over the years... it's a real shame. People first? hahah...not even close.

59 Dano

What a typical Dano/FedEx response. So, a few people who take advantage, and everyone has to take in in the butt?

Yep.

Yes, you can still use your FMLA, but you eat all but a week of your vacation, including personals and floaters. Let's say my Dad has Alzheimers and an FMLA qualification, and he needs me...a lot. I basically get one lousy week of vacation a year because Fred is a greedy, soul-less bastartd.

Actually, you get one lousy week of vacation a year because your used up all your time for FMLA.

Wait until you need an FMLA Mr. Company Man. Perhaps you'll change your tune. You and your buddy Smith both suck.

If a situation is bad enough that I need to take an FMLA absence, the last thing on my mind will be how much additional time off I'll still have banked. If it's that big a deal to you, don't take so much FMLA time.

59 Dano

True. But you sidestep the other reason someone might need to do this. FedEx is supposedly a meritocracy, where working hard gets you ahead. Can we agree this is a big lie? When it comes to vacations and route bids, it's all about seniority, and there are plenty of stations where 20 years of service means you still can't take a summer vacation with your family. For an anti-union company, FedEx behaves exactly like a unionized one in terms of vacation and route selection.

Perhaps Dear Leader Smith should have thought about the ramifications of our very stupid vacation bidding processes and perhaps people pulling this ploy wouldn't be such an issue.

Let's see. I'm a hypothetical 20 year employee and I want to take a summer vacation with my kids to Disneyland before they go to college. What are my alternatives if I can't get a summer slot?

You can play by the same bidding rules as most of the rest of us do. You know, do the ethical thing.

59 Dano

I've been at quite a few stations, and I know a bunch of employees at a few other stations they all say the same thing, there is always "one guy/gal" who abuses the system. So why punish 99% for the 1% that abuse it.

Why allow the 1% to abuse it, which only serves to make most of the others mad and encourages the remainder that they should give it a shot, too?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can play by the same bidding rules as most of the rest of us do. You know, do the ethical thing.

Sure. When the underlying system is a joke? I don't blame people who do what they need to spend time with their families or take care of loved ones. Since neither you nor Fred have a soul, or heart, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Just another way to pad profits and screw the hourlies. I wonder which upper management suck-up will get a huge bonus for this new policy? Uncle Mattie needs a new plane, just like his alter ego, Creflo Dollar.

You truly suck, Dano. Anyone who would lower themselves to be Smith's tool deserves what they get. I hope you get crucified someday by the same policies you currently support.

vantexan

And who gets 5 weeks of vacation? Showed your hand again with your company campaign against topped out employees. Why, the company could be so much more profitable if we could just get rid of the folks who's pay reminds us of the time when the company gave a damn.