The lawncare/landscape thread.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stihl saws?

Way back in the early '70's, the tree company I worked for switched over from Homelite to Stihl saws.

The Stihls cut circles around the Homelites, but were a bitch to work on. For instance, you had to tear half the saw apart to replace the pull cord.
No 99% of the husky problems have been with chainsaws.

They are notoriously hard to start when warm.

When I get a chainsaw it'll be stihl no doubt

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stihl saws?

Way back in the early '70's, the tree company I worked for switched over from Homelite to Stihl saws.

The Stihls cut circles around the Homelites, but were a bitch to work on. For instance, you had to tear half the saw apart to replace the pull cord.
The profession stihl saws are super easy to work on now.

My cousin can rebuild one on a tailgate with like 3 tools

giant-reel-lawnmower-01.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You had to be a man to work a chainsaw back then. There is a big one from probably the 60's at the farm. Thing weighs like 40 lbs

Someday find your self a gear drive Homelite Super Wiz 80 (?). No matter how hard you try, you can't stall it. And, God forbid you catch the tip and it kicks up on you. You'll find yourself flat on your back trying to hold on to the saw.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Since I am retired and I use lawn work as an exercise,
I bought a 20" Murray 2 years ago for $120 and it only weighs 42 pounds.
I can let it down and pull it up the sides of my driveway (650 feet long) to get a manicured look.
I usually spread my lawn grass care out over 4 or 5 days.
A riding lawnmower does not work on my 30 to 45 degree slopes ( I don't work too well on them either).
I am working outside almost daily though.
Murray Lawnmower.jpg

I use Worx switchdriver, blowers, weed trimmer and hedge trimmer with 20V battery system.
I have 8 batteries so I give out usually before the batteries do (got 3 chargers as well).

That Worx aerocart looks like a piece of junk that wouldn't be stable or last.
Anyone have any feedback?

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Since I am retired and I use lawn work as an exercise,
I bought a 20" Murray 2 years ago for $120 and it only weighs 42 pounds.
I can let it down and pull it up the sides of my driveway (650 feet long) to get a manicured look.
I usually spread my lawn grass care out over 4 or 5 days.
A riding lawnmower does not work on my 30 to 45 degree slopes ( I don't work too well on them either).
I am working outside almost daily though.
View attachment 85188

I use Worx switchdriver, blowers, weed trimmer and hedge trimmer with 20V battery system.
I have 8 batteries so i give out usually before the batteries do (got 3 chargers as well).

That Worx aerocart looks like a piece of junk that wouldn't be stable or last.
Anyone have any feedback?

Do they still make Murray mowers? I haven't seen one in years.