Union Politics - The local 25 Boston bullies are in the news again!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dma-Lakshmi-crew-using-non-union-drivers.html

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2015/09/top_prosecutor_carmen_ortiz_te.html
  • Padma Lakshmi and Top Chef crew 'abused for two weeks in Boston'
  • Group of union members 'repeatedly hurled racist and sexist abuse' at them because the Bravo show for using non-union drivers to film
  • On Wednesday, five of the Teamsters were indicted with felony extortion
  • US Attorney Carmen Ortiz said they used 'old-school thug tactics'
'A group of rogue Teamsters employed old-school thug tactics to get no-work jobs from an out of town production company,' Ortiz said in a statement. 'They managed to chase a legitimate business out of the City of Boston and then harassed the cast and crew when they set up shop in Milton.'

'This kind of conduct reflects poorly on our city and must be addressed for what it is – not union organizing, but criminal extortion.'

A Top Chef crew-member told Deadline last year that everyone associated with filming – including Indian-born host and judge Padma - was subjected to vile abuse over a two-week period.

When a car ferrying 43-year-old Padma to the first day of the shoot pulled up outside the restaurant, one of the picketers ran up to her car and screamed, 'We're gonna bash that pretty face in, you friend*ing w**re!'

'She was scared,' said the unnamed crew-member. 'He was screaming at her aggressively and violently.'

'As any employee of our show walked on or off set, the picketers verbally attacked us, calling the gays 'friend*gs,' the blacks 'n*****s' and most of the women 'sl*ts and w**res,' the crew-member told Deadline.

Police were called to the disturbance and immediately radioed for backup.

Milton's Deputy Police Chief John King described the Teamsters as 'hostile, swearing, and refusing to let people come in and out. Officers repeatedly tried to de-escalate the situation.'

As well as hurling abuse and being intimidating, the union members also slashed the tires on 14 cars owned by the crew - and many also had their antennae broken off, said King.

The employees were subject to further abuse for two whole weeks of filming Season 12, which screened in October 2014. No one was injured and no one was arrested.

Season 13, which screens this fall, was filmed in California.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
  • On Wednesday, five of the Teamsters were indicted with felony extortion ... for hurling racist, homophobic and sexist abuse at Top Chef's TV crew, including host Padma Lakshmi.
  • US Attorney Carmen Ortiz said they used 'old-school thug tactics'
'A group of rogue Teamsters employed old-school thug tactics to get no-work jobs from an out of town production company,' Ortiz said in a statement. 'They managed to chase a legitimate business out of the City of Boston and then harassed the cast and crew when they set up shop in Milton.'

'This kind of conduct reflects poorly on our city and must be addressed for what it is – not union organizing, but criminal extortion.'

I bet this surprised no one!

I always thought most Union activities of this type were loathsome and comparable to Mafia-type intimidation.

I hope they put those criminal thugs in Federal prison.

anHOURover

At it again !! Stay hot Sean o
FACT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 286

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Update

One teamster had charges dismissed after his defense lawyer said it was a case of mistaken identity.

Indicted for conspiracy to extort, attempted extortion and aiding and abetting from Local 25 were Teamsters friend, R, C and H
Three of the accused -- R, C and H -- pleaded not guilty this afternoon and were released on $50,000 bond.

A detention hearing was set for tomorrow for friend.

If convicted, the Teamsters face prison terms of up to 20 years in prison and fines of up to $250,000.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Local 25 president Sean O called the allegations “fiction at best.”
As expected.
He is a liar.
I researched this and this is true and reported by multiple news sources over a 12-month period.
Too bad politicians can't be put in jail for lying and covering up.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Update

One teamster had charges dismissed after his defense lawyer said it was a case of mistaken identity.

Indicted for conspiracy to extort, attempted extortion and aiding and abetting from Local 25 were Teamsters friend, R, C and H
Three of the accused -- R, C and H -- pleaded not guilty this afternoon and were released on $50,000 bond.

A detention hearing was set for tomorrow for friend.

If convicted, the Teamsters face prison terms of up to 20 years in prison and fines of up to $250,000.
"If"
"Could"
"Up to"

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This is a copy of the Federal indictment.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/media/2015/09/30/Indictment.pdf

One of the defendants is MARK H, the secretary-treasurer of Local 25.
And anyone that knows him, knows that he is a great human being. All those that are siding with the anti Union Bravo should be ashamed of yourselves. Mark has to waste his time for trying to fight against outsourcing! If you work in the movie or television industry, the equipment should be moved by TEAMSTERS! Why don't some of you start supporting Fast Track next!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I love to watch this train wreck of a site.
That's because you watch the Union site, as it is part of your job.
The rest of the site, other than Current Events, is a civil place where people come to have fun and get information.

The Union Forum is indeed filled with lies and distortions and "hatred posting" by members on both sides of the Teamster political aisle.

I think most people would agree the Union Forum is a mess and a train wreck of a forum.
However, you and your ilk are the one's making it that way so as far as I am concerned, y'all can wallow in your self-created pig sty.

Do me a favor and you Union lowlifes that make this forum such a wreck ... please don't report threads and posts that you disagree with when you, yourselves are posting the same kind of stuff ... just against the other side.
That way, I will not have to lower my standards and come to this forum and figure who's done what based on the latest reported post.

That's because you watch the Union site, as it is part of your job.
The rest of the site, other than Current Events, is a civil place where people come to have fun and get information.

The Union Forum is indeed filled with lies and distortions and "hatred posting" by members on both sides of the Teamster political aisle.

I think most people would agree the Union Forum is a mess and a train wreck of a forum.
However, you and your ilk are the one's making it that way so as far as I am concerned, y'all can wallow in your self-created pig sty.

Do me a favor and you Union lowlifes that make this forum such a wreck ... please don't report threads and posts that you disagree with when you, yourselves are posting the same kind of stuff ... just against the other side.
That way, I will not have to lower my standards and come to this forum and figure who's done what based on the latest reported post.
You troll so much and bring a lot of it yourself. You just don't see it.