The mail could be taking even longer to be delivered than the Postal Service is saying

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
The mail could be taking even longer to be delivered than the Postal Service is saying - Washington Post

After years of cost-cutting to adjust to steep financial losses, the U.S. Postal Service is contending with angry customers whose mail is taking longer — sometimes much longer — to arrive.

New research by Congress’ watchdog now says that the post office’s tracking system for measuring on-time delivery is so unreliable that there’s no way to know how late the mail really is.
It's "snail" mail. They make no guarantees on timely delivery for general post. They do and always have offered premium services for an additional fee as do all delivery companies. And they have a very good track record with there premium services. You get exactly what you pay for. In a world where everyone needs to have everything RIGHT NOW, expect to pay for RIGHT NOW.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Post Office closed a processing center in our town. Mail is now sent to Albany for processing, which adds at least 2 days to the delivery time for mail within the same zip code.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The Post Office closed a processing center in our town. Mail is now sent to Albany for processing, which adds at least 2 days to the delivery time for mail within the same zip code.
Yep. Same thing here. I could mail something 3 houses down and instead of getting it the next day it'll take 2-3 days now.