The MAJORITY is speaking

Leftinbuilding

i fill sorry for all of you , we went on strike back in i think 1975 to keep all part timers out and keep the company all FULL TIMERS well most of you are part timers in this company!!!!!!! you realy need RON CARY back as and you wouldent have these problems.

What company were you working for? UPS had a strike in 1997, but it had little or nothing to do with keeping part-timers out.

livinitup

In Northern California the vote was very close. I think that if everyone here had received a ballot that it would have failed by a large margin. Even if everyone out here got a ballot the national would have still passed. So to all you yes votes, enjoy and when you have to come to work and load your own truck because they can't get anyone to stick around for more than a day or two, don't complain. You all did it to yourselves.

tieguy

Banned
In Northern California the vote was very close. I think that if everyone here had received a ballot that it would have failed by a large margin. Even if everyone out here got a ballot the national would have still passed. So to all you yes votes, enjoy and when you have to come to work and load your own truck because they can't get anyone to stick around for more than a day or two, don't complain. You all did it to yourselves.

yep and don't forget they are responsible when the sky starts falling.

satellitedriver

Athena,

Out of curiosity, where are you getting your numbers from??

Officially, only 73589 votes were counted. Thats short of the 82K that you posted.

This represents only 25% of the total UPSer's in the network nationwide including Puerto Rico.

Again, not a majority.

Lets stop using the word "Majority" and say that of all the ballots recieved, a majority of 1/3 of the members voted yes.

Congrats to those locals who shot their respective riders and supplements down, you have the NUTS!

Peace.:peaceful:
Dear Mr. B.S.,
The majority of voters, voted yes,that part is simple to understand.
Now, to the numbers.( I can only use the numbers you have posted)
You state only 25% voted , of the available pool of voters.
75,589 x 4 = 294,356
The vote passed by a 65% majority of voters.
65% yes votes out of 75,589 = 49,133
35% no votes out of 75,589= 26,456
If you extrapolate the number of the total of possible voters,and apply the percentage of voters that voted no, one would find that only 9% of available voters believe as you do.
91% of UPSER's do not support your way of thinking.
I would call that a majority.
Congrats to all that voted.

steamroll

Tie,

This is the stupid comment I predicted would come out of this vote.

"overwhelming majority" ??

Dont be an idiot, I know its tough for you, but if you really tried, you could do it.

To be an overwhelming majority, you would first have to have at least 50% of the total membership voting. Its not even close to that.

Statistically, in the WEST, only 17% of the membership had a ballot counted. Now, for what ever reason, whether never recieved, not returned in time or just didnt vote, this vote should not count.

I believe that the Teamsters should have allowed a 30 day window for returning ballots. Two weeks was NOT enough time to read, understand, ask questions and then mail back in time.

But as i said before, this was all by design.

Look at the numbers for the WEST, with only 17% of ballots counted, thats alot of members that didnt vote. You would think both the company and the Union would want ALL to participate.

In my local, complaints of not recieved, recieved too late or replacement ballots sent too late for mailing are the biggest factors here.

Only 1883 out of 10500+ members had a ballot counted. Does that represent a majority in your mind?

Of that 1883, 1255 elected to accept while 628 voted to reject the contract. Should 1255 members dictate to 10500+ what happens with a contract that affects all for 5 years and 8 months?

This yes vote in 396 represents only 11% percent of the voting members, does this sound like a majority.

Please stop being an Ash, the contract passed, give it a rest.

Peace. :peaceful:
well it seems that the 1255 that voted yes. only looked out for themselves & didn't care for the other 9,000+ members. it probably was full timers that are ready to retire that the current pensions benefit them. but remember your future loaders, unloaders, & preloaders under this new contract. peace:devil3: