The methods

blkmamba

If they didn't have anything to complain about they would complain about that. I heard they have to find at least a one thing to ding you on.
You're absolutely correct. When I was a sip there I gave an employee 100% and the next day got called to the hub managers office and was told it's impossible for anyone to get 100%. I said that is kind of stupid then and his was response was if you stay there long enough you'll eventually catch them messing up. I had to redo it and he couldn't score anything higher than 90%.

HBGPreloader

You're absolutely correct. When I was a sip there I gave an employee 100% and the next day got called to the hub managers office and was told it's impossible for anyone to get 100%. I said that is kind of stupid then and his was response was if you stay there long enough you'll eventually catch them messing up. I had to redo it and he couldn't score anything higher than 90%.
Yep, even the part time supes are required to report something wrong - even if their observations found nothing.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Yep, even the part time supes are required to report something wrong - even if their observations found nothing.
Whenever we do the safe work methods we have to ding people on at least 3 things. Doesn't make me a happy camper. When I have hourlies do observations I make sure to tell them to be completely honest. I'll accept that I have to find something wrong. But I don't want them making things up just to please the OMS.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I still remember my road test 10 years ago. The on car told me I did a real good job and didn't really mess anything up but nobody gets 100% so she HAD to mark some things off. I kinda looked at her sideways and thought that's weird. (I'm off the street hire). If I knew then what I know now I might a ran for the hills while I had a chance

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The fact that supervisors are told to "find" something wrong on an observation even when there wasn't actually anything wrong speaks volumes about the state of UPS management.
Just had my annual safety ride in feeders. When it was over, sup told me he HAD to come up with 10 things that I did wrong. It used to be 7.

I told him to go for it. If you can find 10 things that I did wrong, I guess you didn't train me correctly. He came up with 1. Said that when I shifted, I tended to leave my hand on the shifter too long. I didn't have a problem with that because normally that's where it stays when a sup is not riding with me. At least until I'm through all the gears.

I told him good luck on the other 9. He had the 1 listed, I RTS'ed my ride, and I can guarantee you that before it got into my file somewhere, there were 9 other things listed.

That's the problem with this company. The sups HAVE to find 10 things wrong. If they can't, they either have to make it up or lie. And this comes from Corporate.